Follow

Hi all. I read this today, and it was so informative to me. My MIL is here in our home in hospice (with hired caregivers). Over the past year or so, I've read things that members here have shared about LOs being close to dying and what maybe to expect. This article shares some of those things and more. You all are part of my caregiver support, and so I want to drop the link here in hopes that it may help someone else:

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/people-witnessed-loved-one-die-041603427.html?

Find Care & Housing
Absolutely grateful that this post has been helpful❤️ And thank you also to those who have shared your experiences as well. @Lily, I think that hospice will make us aware when they see signs that the end is imminent.
(0)

Thank you for the article. I also read most of the comments. In most of the stories loved ones were called by hospital staff and their LO died within hours or days.

Looking back at my mom’s case, she kept insisting on being released to her own home without help. She was in and out of the hospital many times. I think they put her on hospice to force her to get home care. But I was naive enough to think it was because she was dying and started staying with her 24/7. This was 4 months ago. I have since hired in home help, but I wish they were more honest with me about her actual prognosis.

I’ve read many other stories here where people have been in hospice for months to a year or more. Will hospice alert us when our LO I actually close to death?
(1)

Thanks for sharing. I was with my mother, mother-in-law and husband when they died. All were relatively sudden deaths, so I thankfully didn't have to witness a long, lingering dying period. I'm 81 myself and would like to share this with my kids, but I don't want to freak them out as my husband just passed away about a year and a half ago and that pain is still fresh. He had a massive stroke and died about 9 hours later; 3 daughters, a grand-daughter and I sat vigil with him during the time he was leaving us. It was fortunately very peaceful. We talked to him and amongst ourselves, sang some songs he liked, stroked him, held his hand.
(1)

What an eye-opening piece, CaringinVA. I can certainly relate to many of them when my mother was dying. Thank you for sharing.
(2)

Thank you for the resource!
(2)

Thanks for the link.
(2)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter