Follow

This started popping up on my screen. I "hid" it ages ago. I just "hid" it 3x and it pops up with the settings changed. Sorry, yes it bugs me.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Hi all,

The tech team looked at the issue of the accessibility widget (“little blue man”) obscuring elements on forum pages. They’ve changed a setting to ensure the widget displays only in the lower right corner of the screen.

As far as the widget not staying hidden, if you’re experiencing that issue, you may have missed the final step below to save your widget settings:
1. Click/tap the widget icon
2. Scroll down to “Move/Hide Widget” and select “Hide”
3. Scroll down some more to “Hide for” and select how long you want to hide the widget 
4. Click/tap the blue “Hide Widget” button to save your preferences

Again, please use the “Send Us a Message” form on the page below instead of starting new threads about site and forum issues.

https://www.agingcare.com/aboutus

Thanks!
(0)

This maybe because my tablet and phone are androids since I can't get rid of it on my phone either. I do not have this problem at other sites.
(0)

Willie I did what you said and it did not work. It seems like he comes back when you change pages.
(0)

Now I'm really confused.... I logged back in after signing out and the widget wasn't there, but when I came to this thread to tell you about it there it is again.
(1)

Oh never mind JoAnn, today that's not working either and the d@#3d thing keeps coming back. Maybe if you move it to the left it won't be in the way when you scroll.
(0)

Thank send help
:)
(0)

Thanks Willie, I will try that. Once a day is OK.
(0)

JoAnn - I'm finding that the widget stays gone more consistently if I just hide it for a day instead of choosing indefinitely.
(1)

I think this widget is malfunctioning. It seems to pop up when there is a screen change. I have stopped trying to get rid of it. 😊 I am going to try reporting my post.
(0)

Laws governing accessibility...
In the United States, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) governs everything to do with website accessibility for people with disabilities. ADA outlines that any person or organization must make their website readily accessible and usable by individuals with disabilities if it is for use by the public .Jan 8, 2022
(1)

Actually Daughter he is white in a blue circle. He is for people with challenges dealing with computers I guess. Before all I did was hit the button Hide. The only time it would pop up again would be if I logged out and logged back again. This one has a different interface. I hit hide, it disappears, and comes back.
(1)

I’ve never seen a little blue man and just spent a few minutes I’ll never get back looking! Now feeling all left out. But will be content to listen to Mr. Blue Sky instead. Thanks ELO!
(1)

It's baaaack! I turned off my computer last night.
JoAnn, you are right, it needs to be gone indefinitely, and forever.
I am on an Acer Chromebbook.
But the little blue man was gone until now.

I really do not want to do what it takes to get rid of it again.
(1)

I have told it I wanted it hid and indefinitely. It seems to pop back up when I change screens. Like answering a question. I know I am weird but this kind of thing bugs me. Just like those popup moving ads. 😁 This has happened since Admin is doing updates.

I am on an android tablet, so maybe that has something to do with it. Will test it on my phone later.

Thanks
(1)

Hey that was Send Help who said you're a monkey. I decided to follow suet and change my avatar to the blue man. I think we all should
Lmao!!
(0)

If you don't have a little person accessibility widget, my avatar looks like one.
(temporary).

Blue dot, white stick figure.
(1)

Catskie,

Cwillie is a monkey.
(0)

Are you implying I look like a monkey Catskie? 😂
(1)

You crack me up Joann! BTW cwillie is a little blue person. Well, the icon is
(1)

Did you try pushing the little (person) off a rooftop in town?

Little Blue Man
Song by Betty Johnson

One morning when I was out shopping
Though you'll find it hard to believe
A little blue man came out of the crowd
And timidly tugged at my sleeve
"I wuv you! I wuv you!" said the little blue man
"I wuv you! I wuv you to bits"
"I wuv you!" He loved me, said the little blue man
And scared me right out of my wits
I hurried back to my apartment
I rushed in and I closed the door
But there on the desk stood the little blue man
Who started to tell me once more
For weeks after that I was haunted
Though no one could see him but me
Right by my side was the little blue man
Wherever I happened to be
One evening in wild desperation
I rushed to a rooftop in town
And over the side pushed the little blue man
Who sang to me all the way down
I whispered, "Thank goodness that's over!"
I smiled as I hurried outside
But there on the street stood the little blue man
Who said with a tear in his eye
"I don't wuv you anymore!"
(1)

I hid mine too, but apparently the changes are not saved if you log out because it's back again. I think I could hide it with my ad blocker if I really wanted to.
(1)

I don't have any little blue man :-) I access AC on my laptop. I wonder if the little blue man is a feature when you access on a phone or tablet?
(2)

When I click on the little man, it gives me the option to hide it for a variety of time periods, including "indefinitely".
(1)

I know this is trivial, but no matter how many times I "hide it" that blue icon keeps popping up. I have hid it on this site and others. It seems it has been updated with where u want it on ur page and how long you want to hide it. Used to be you clicked on it and clicked on hide and u never saw it again.

So for now there it a glitch that may need being looked at.
(1)

Yes, if you want it. You can hide it. The only time it pops up again is if I get signed out and sign back in. I hide it and it stays that way. It keeps defaulting back to original settings. Not sure if it has anything with going from section to section. For me its distracting. 🤣
(1)

That's supposed to be a positive feature JoAnn 🤣
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter