Follow
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
I imagine that after our mom dies, our family will fracture into little pieces and we will rarely, if ever, get together again..

Is this mother's fault? I think so, as she has pitted us against each other in very sly and sneaky ways. She's totally self absorbed and on holidays, if my YB doesn't visit or call, she acts like it's the end of the world. Her Golden Boy---(which he hates being called!)...doesn't matter what the other 4 of us have done, if HE doesn't call or show up, her day is ruined.

As far as any inheritance, there will be so little money that it's not worth mentioning. All of us but my YS are simply going to give our 'inheritance' back to YB who has cared for mom in his home.

We all know how much we're receiving and it's almost an embarrassment, it's so small. Mom has held this over our heads for years and when I found out it's less than $10K I laughed. That amt won't change any of our lifestyles.

We sibs get along, but we're not close. I can go an entire year without talking to my sister. We just have nothing in common.
(1)

And what are those issues?
(0)

I'm wondering if this is financial and the sibs are expecting money. Our family had a situation where a son was "just wondering" about what his inheritance might be and the parents were still in their 50's and working!!! I remember him saying that "just a ballpark figure would be OK for now." It was bizarre. He seemed to be faced with a financial crossroads of his own and saw his parents eventual deaths as a source of money. This conversation was decades ago and ONE parent has had the nerve to still be living to this day. Some people DO plan their future over inheriting someone else's money and are stunned that it's less than they fantasized about and want to place blame or make accusations. I've seen bitter feelings over remarkably small sums of money as well.
(0)

Can you give us examples of current issues that are problematic, Blue.
(1)

In your profile you wrote:

"My mother passed Feb 8th. I took care of her for the last 5 years. My 2 sisters who live close by are basically absent then and now as I sift through my moms things. They weren’t present for her care. I thought it would be different once she passed but it’s not. "

What are the issues you are having? Is it that you have to now deal with your mom's estate, probate, belongings, legal stuff all by yourself? More information would be helpful. I'm very sorry for your loss.
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter