Follow

Thanks to this wonderful community for all the support and informatoin!
Today is my mothers 76th birthday. I did not think we would make it here at all. Instead today we will celebrate her life and THANKS to everyone at the nursing home for their support and care. In Aug my mom had a shift- we did the spinal tap for NPH which did not improve anything that day or the following. However on the 3rd day my mom was able to walk in PT with assistance. She hadn't really been able to do this since Nov 2021- after her fall. Mentally she is her self again as well. She is in PT still and living as resident, happily. Mom can get the CNA's to take her in for toilet use and we've recently travelled in MY car for hearing test & return to the CORRECT hearing aids she needs. In my opinion this is nothing short of a miracle. Today all her kids and grandkids will come to the home for a party- all staff invited- and we will show my siblings how to help her in and out of the car. Still lots to work on but a little at a time. Robin continues to have her positive outlook and now looks out for her roomie & other friends when things aren't ok at the home. I hope our little bit of positive news encourages someone else not to give up hope or pushing for the care your LO needs. I'm here if anyone else needs a hand/support/encouragement :-).

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Good to hear from you SuperCoop. Job well done!!
Such a blessing to have an appreciative mom and a loving family.
Happy Birthday to your mom. 🎈💐
(2)

For others: NPH = normal pressure hydrocephalus

Excellent news! Thanks for the update!
(1)

Such wonderful news!

Thank you for sharing.

Happy birthday Robin!!!
(1)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter