Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
2 3 4 5 6
Here is an interesting article about how God intends for us to take care of ourselves, even assumes that we would have to in order to take care of others (with scripture references).

crosswalk.com/1129402/
(0)

Smeshque: Yes, I thought you would like that surname. Doing okay and hope you are also.
(0)

I havebn't read the entire thread but will just say "The Lord helps those who help themselves"
(3)

You did not say that came from a bible verse, Veronica. And I agree with you, because I have had to actually take the first step before the Lord did intervene by helping me further.
But I just want to add, (not as a criticism of you), but that saying is not actually in the bible, although it is often quoted as being from the bible, very popularly by others.

Question: "God helps those who help themselves - is it in the Bible?"

Answer: "God helps those who help themselves" is probably the most often quoted phrase that is not found in the Bible. This saying is usually attributed to Ben Franklin, quoted in Poor Richard's Almanac in 1757. In actuality, it originated from Algernon Sydney in 1698 in an article titled Discourses Concerning Government. Whatever the original source of this saying, the Bible teaches the opposite. God helps the helpless! Isaiah 25:4 declares, "For You have been a defense for the helpless, a defense for the needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm, a shade from the heat..." Romans 5:6 tells us, "For while we were still helpless, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly."
(3)

Thank you sendhelp for clearing that up. There are lot of things people say and say its in the bible. Like "cleanliness is next to Godliness."
Not in Bible.

Good evening LL
(3)

v
(0)

smes: Good evening back to you. Thank you!
(0)

Hello all I hope all have been well. Staying strong in faith.

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
Romans 8:28
(1)

You have to take care of yourself in order to continue taking care of others. Thanking the Lord that we are healthy and capable enough. 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻
(1)

Praise be to God, our Father, the Lord God Almighty, Who has received Billy into His wonderful, Glorious Presence this morning. Absent from the body, present with the Lord, Billy had blessed us all with his time on earth, and will receive his eternal reward.
Can you feel the rejoicing in Heaven from the angels and saints?
(2)

I can Send,and now he is with all the loved one's he lost here on Earth.
I am thankful for the time we had here with him~
(1)

smeshque: I love that scripture verse.
(0)

Thank you LL., you inspired me with yours that you posted.
Your turn
(1)

Thank you smeshque! Here is an uplifting one: 1 Thessalonoans 5:11 "Therefore encourage one another and build each other just as in fact you are doing."
(0)

Than you for the scripture. there is nothing as refreshing than God's word.
(1)

smeshque: You're welcome. Agreed!
(0)

Psalms 28:7
The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.
(1)

1 Peter 5:6-7 (KJV) Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
(1)

Thank you LL.
Both the Humbling part and the casting all my cares upon him. I am sooooooo trying to do those things. Thank you for bringing that verse to mind. A reminder to me and all of us, to continue growing.
(1)

smeshque: You're welcome. One of my fav verses.
(0)

I would just like to add to the mention of Romans 8:28, that this is a verse that kept me going the summer that my father passed. When it says "all things" it does not say that any of the "things" are good, but that the sum total is--and it was a transformational period in my life.
(2)

Partsmom I too hold fast to that verse.I am sorry about your Dad, I lost mine a little over a year ago, it is difficult. I am glad you found comfort in Gods words. You are right it doesnt say all things will be good, but the outcome of it will be. Thank you for that post.
I heard a good lesson today on redeeming the time. Not overlooking or passing up opportunities to do good, while waiting for what you think it should look like. Anyway it was an eye opener.
May God bless you all.
(2)

partsmom: That is a lovely verse.
(0)

Good evening to all I do hope everyone is fairing well, and getting spiritual nutrition from God's word.
(1)

I hear you, I struggle also. I am caring for my mother-in-law which she lives in her own home she is unable to do anything her herself so she has caregivers but the is also a problem and a challenge. I'm sandwiched between her and my own family (children, taxi mom, house, husband, etc.) But God is my strength to make it through another day. When we are weak He give us the strength for the day. Praying for you.
(4)

trustingHim: Couldn't agree more!
(1)

Amen trustingHim. He is the only way I make it each day. I will keep you in my prayers as well, as I do all of you.

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart,and lean not unto thine own understanding.In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:5-6
(4)

Dear partsmom,

Thank you for sharing.

Dear smeshque,

Thank you for your continued blessings.
(0)

smeshque: Beautiful verse!
Psalms 27:4-5 One thing have I asked of the LORD, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to inquire in his temple. For he will hide me in his shelter in the day of trouble; he will conceal me under the cover of his tent; he will lift me high upon a rock
(1)

I want to Praise The Lord Jesus for His mindfulness of me and my situation. I have the Tecarta KJV bible on my phone with the verse of the day, everyday the last 10 days the verses have been exactly what I needed to remember to let go and let God have his wonderful way in my life. God Bless all of you caregivers.
(1)

2 3 4 5 6
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter