Follow

I feel compelled to reach out to all of you on this day and tell you how much I appreciate all you are doing. I discovered this board just a few months ago, and since then I have discovered a huge segment of people who have taken on one of the most difficult jobs in the world. A job that is often thankless, heartwrenching, exhausting, frustrating, soulcrushing, and sometimes deeply rewarding, and a job you are doing sheerly out of love, loyalty and compassion. My guess is many people around you have no idea the weight of the burden you carry, nor the toll it takes on your mind and body. I know that you are seldom thanked for your efforts. I just wanted to thank you today, and thank you on behalf of the people who are unable to tell you that, and thank you for supporting others in similar situations, including me. I have such deep respect and appreciation for all of you.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Thank you for your kind words.
(1)

Your beautiful post actually brought me to tears and my dear husband(who I cared for for over 24 years)has been gone for over 2 years now.
Everything you described is exactly how caregiving is. Yet those of us that survived the journey to now talk about it, would probably tell you that yes, if given the chance, we would do it all over again for the person we loved.
God bless you.
(2)

Thank you, Monomoyick...you are so good with words. I have a Master's degree in English and yet I'm no wordsmith....when I get back from visiting mom in hospital, I just sink into the sofa and watch mindless shows till I fall asleep and recoup energy for the next day's visit. I wish we could make the "we see you, we thank you" lawn signs for us caregivers like the ones for cops & healthcare workers. My shoulders hurt and my legs sag even if I'm just visiting mom..she's become this giant cloud over my head..but I'm all she's got and I must soldier on like all of you.
(3)

Beautifully said…happy holidays to all
(1)

Wow - Monomoyick - What a beautiful post - you expressed everything so heartfully and eloquently - and you truly touched on every emotion so perfectly.

Thank you so much for writing this - I have such deep respect and appreciation to you as well.
My very best wishes to you ~
(1)

Monomoyick, I just noticed your profile and you are also in the trenches doing the most difficult of jobs. Best wishes to you.
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter