Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Hugs back to you, Joan...you have so much on your plate. Deep breaths, and know we are praying to support you in the best way we can, from afar. I am sending you all a virtual cup of coffee we can all share as though we are having a real one on one visit together--pretending it's in my living room today! xoPJ
(1)

jeanne, Thank you about Clay. You and Coy are on my mind. I am still in my nightie, too. 11:49 am here MST. I can get to sleep, but I wake up after 4-5 hours, and have trouble getting back to sleep, so, like you, I get it when I can. When I was working I just had to power through, and it was no fun. The Purolater and Canada Post guys must be used to me by now. lol Sometimes I try on new earrings or a necklace (one of my diversions is buying jewellery from ebay - less than $100 a year so I don't think I am in trouble ;)) that don't necessarily match, and I don't care! I must be quite a sight some days, Think black chiffon peignoir, red coral necklace, rust agate earring and purple toenail polish (another diversion). How's that for a KAW!
Punch are you sure you want me in your cyber living room for coffee in a get up like that??? Today it is a leopard print nightie, an orange silk kimono and a black onyx necklace LOL! Appropriate for halloween anyway!
One of the things I have learned in life that no matter what happens, meals have to be made, floors have to be swept/washed, the laundry has to get done - some of this, later rather than sooner, but eventually, and that is not a bad thing. And today I have to get at those bargain strawberries before they spoil, or they will be no bargain.
I have a high toleranced for clutter too, but it does get exceeded, especially since Gary has no limit that I have found. Jeanne, I find it does feel good to get some things sorted, and even better when it is something I can get out of the house permanently. Since my last post, I have packed up a large box with a lot of mother's silver in it that i will send to my nephew in England. My way of giving them some inheritance as my sis has written him off.
Being gentle with yourself is a good way to go. We all have a lot on your plates, and need to do that. When under stress, and feeling overwhelmed, I find it helpful to pick just one task and start doing it - one step at a time. I can pick up the broom. I can sweep this bit of floor, etc. I find then I tend to do more than I thought I could, and the time passes better than sitting and stressing over something

Thinking of you all, and raising my coffee mug to you!
(5)

Hi Jeanne: Good to hear your cyber voice. I know you realize that we are all thinking of you and keeping you and dh in our hearts and prayers. Great idea to sort out papers. That's one of those jobs, at least for me, that needs to be done when things are quiet and I can take my time. Always a good feeling to get a task accomplished.

Joan, I hope your nightie and jewelry descriptions gave Jeanne a laugh. It did me. I bet the postman loves coming to your door!!!

Thank you for the update on Clay. Sending white light for the best possible outcome.

Love, Cat
(3)

Jeanne, Just want you to know I am thinking about you. You have done so much for people here on the group. You're amazing. There's nothing physically the group can do, but I probably join a lot of people in saying we're with you emotionally.
(3)

Jeanne~ Second what Jessie said!! I am with you as you journey thru and I know you will always be supportive and helpful to others!! Hugs to you and your husband!!
(2)

Clinking my mug to yours, Jeanne--I've decided to make it an Irish Coffee, but I have Kahlua in the cupboard. Those delivery men must enjoy dropping off to you!! Seriously, smart of you to take it just a day and an hour at a time - you're a very strong person and I will pray for the suffering of this poor man to be minimal, no matter which way the Lord chooses to go. xo PJ
(1)

thanks punch - Irish coffee sound good.
latest update and a few clarifications
Gary is still in Calgary. Clay now has emphysema from oxygen that “leaked” into the lung tissue. His lungs were fine before surgery. The doctors say they don't understand where it came from. He has been on a morphine patch, and morphine pump for about 6 months now. I didn’t know that. Before that he was on many pain pills daily for several years.. So they are wondering why his bowel perforated. Maybe it was the accumulated affect of pain pills for several years. I asked Gary how his spirits were, and Gary said the question of why this has happened to him has come up. Of course there are no easy answers to that.
Re the window - there is a law suit and it is being dragged out. There was to be a disposition on New York over the accident today. There are 14 claims outstanding. Apparently Clay has been able to keep up with some studies at the college in Calgary, but who knows now. He will never be able to work and earn a kiving, even if he survives this.. Gary’s boss and coworkers are very supportive, thankfully. The next few days will see which way this will go. I feel so badly for them all, and am thankful that Gordie did not go through this pain. Again I so much appreciate everyone's prayers and support.
punch, I am praying for easing of the pain too, which ever way the Lord chooses to do that. When I first heard from the cop that Gordie was in hospital, and he suggested that I come there, my instant prayer was Lord heal him completely, or take him, and at that point I had no idea what his injury was - only that he was in the ER. - but I knew in my heart of hearts it was very serious,
Just one breath at a tme tonight - .I am afraid the strawberries are still not done, but I forgive myself for that - sometimes that's all we can do - one breath, one minute, one hour at a time. BTDT before. (((((((((((((hugs))))))))))) to all. Joan
(2)

Thanks for the update, Joan. My prayers are with you.

Punch: I love Irish Coffee. Can I join you?

Love Cat
(2)

Joan, you, Gary and Clay are in my thoughts, still. xxoo

Me too, me too, Catwoman! I want coffee with Punch and Joan and you!
(1)

Hey, Lisa! I think its been 3 days since the shitstorm. Where are you?
(1)

Joan..I prayed out loud today in church that the Lord will give you the strength you need, the caregiver needs and Clay to be healed sufficiently that he has a decent quality of life. My son asked me what I thought about his wife's cousin living, in the state he is in, and if I thought it would have been better if the Lord had taken him instead. That is a very tough question and I referenced to my son Christopher Reeve and how I felt, in his case, it would have been a mercy for God to have taken him, but then I also said to my son that his living as long as he did just HAD to have some purpose served, e.g., as an inspiration to someone else, or his wife to have been one, for his child to have him in his life for a little longer, even in the horrible condition he was in, but who was I to say? Of course, knee jerk is to say 'better God had taken him' but in the old days, before we had all the technology and medical advancement, people simply died from these kind of injuries. To that end, I have no idea if those advances serve us well or not. Brings us right back to the same thing, though, and that is all we can do is pray for God's will to show mercy.

Cat--absolutely - clinking my mug to yours, which is a hot steamy irish coffee with a double shot and huge dollop of whipped cream (sorry, weight watchers!)

Judy--yes, hot steamer for you too--kahlua if you are in a Mexican coffee mood.
Let's just stick together and make each other laugh, comfort each other when we have to cry. Oh and Joan, throw out those strawberries and don't let them pressure you if you are just not in the mood! Plenty more where they came from, and for another time when you aren't this stressed!! xoxox PJ
(4)

(((((punch)))) I cried a lot last night and early this morning, and also in the tears cried out to God, and came to some great scriptures this morning, and prayed them. I am at peace, and expecting a good report. I will share them on your wall. I know everyone here does not have the same beliefs.Thank you for your prayers. I am feeling buoyed up as I have at other times from people's prayers.We don't see the big picture, or the purpose in these things. Only God does. I trust Him.
Whipped cream - I wish! It is what I miss most with the dairy allergy.
The strawberries are cooked (with an orange blended up - peel and all), and smell delicious. The parcel for overseas is taped and just about ready to go. I did a lot of tidying of my computer today, so it was not unproductive.
jeanne -how did you make out with tidying your desk?
lisa - wondering about the sh*t storm too, and if there were any more squalls
judy - did you buy any hot nighties yet?
kimbee -worried about you - let us know how you are - I love the saying - "sometimes I'm not OK and you're not Ok but that's OK."
austin - wondering if you ended up looking after your mum after surgery
book - how is your health?
many, many, many hugs to everyone Joan
(2)

Quick drive by- thanks for all the hugs, encouragement n support. I'm hanging in there; just way too busy. Mom up many times each night. During day working to keep things moving along, DH working long, hard hours. You all r in my prayers, n so concerned Joan n Jeanne for Clay, G, Coy, n famillies. As I have been all along, I remain utterly grateful for the kick a**women, n this site! Thanks and luv n hugs to ALL of you, Kimbee...
(4)

Hi everyone. Haven't seen or talked to DQ. They ve been told now to release no info to me. I'm fine with that. Cancel that. HELL YEAH IM FINE WITH THAT!!! Things calm here. I've had the worse elementary run out of our compound this week. I've been cussed out, called everything but my name, even slapped. I'm tired and emotionally drained. I've told the family they should all go to a movie dinner , walk in the rain. Anything. Tonight is for relaxing. I really do love my job and the children I drive. But this has been the worst week in years. Guess I probably should have waited till Monday to call the contractor who has cancelled 3 times getting here to finish house from storm damage. Oh well, he knows I'm pissed ;) I'm thinking of you all each day. Dear Jeanne I'll pop over to cb tonite to catch up on coy. Love you all to pieces.
(2)

Oh Lisa, sorry to hear about the "little darlings". I hope they got discipllned for their behaviour. One slapped you???? I would have trouble not upending him/her and giving them a good spanking! It must be very draining. So glad there is to be no more info from DQ.Seems like the kids are taking over where she left off, and you don't need that. Maybe that contractor had it coming, You deserve a relaxing evening - hope that is how it turns out. Seems we need to take these little pockets of peace where we can find them. (((((((hugs))))))

Kimbee - you are really going through it now - (((((hugs)))) and prayers for strength, and wisdom to make the best for your mum and for you. Again, my mantra, look after you -

Want a laugh? Mother, after telling me she wants nothing to do wiht me now wants to know why I am not in contact, and says if I want nothing to do with her it is OK with her! Yeah right. The funny thing is that she mentions she has some pimples, and the doc had given her ointment, and says, she, "That is the same condition the lady in BC has, who has the right for doctor assisted suicide isn't it? Wow! Talk about narcissism in full bloom. If she was impaired I could understand it, but she isn't. Never heard of physician assisted suicide for pimples!!! Oh Lord, you gotta laugh, or you would cry. Love and hugs
(3)

Latest update on Clay: Things are as good as they can be, praise God. Clay is up walking around, and in good spirits. His doc is waiting on test results to see if they can start to get his digestive system working again. Right now he has tubes draining everything out, and is on iv hydration and nutrition. The emphysema was particularly extensive, but the gas will reabsorb in time. His lungs are not damaged as far as I know. He is not on disability, and I have suggested that Gary look into that. This family is so used to being self sufficient, and working for what they get. He should be eligible. I am now including in my prayers healing for the family due to the divorce, as well as healing of the pain. It is needed. They are pulllng together through this, praise God again, Thank you, Jesus.
And thank you all for bearing with me, and for your prayers and support. I gave faith that God is working in this to accomplish His purposes. Gary is touched by the concern others are showing,
Love you all Joan
(4)

Joan: Thanks for the update. Hope things remain positive with Clay and the family pulling together.

Kimbee: I hope things smooth out for you. Everything sounds exhausting.

Punch: I'll look forward to the Irish Coffee.

Lisa: Sounds like you have a couple of little DQ's in training on your bus. Keep your eyes on them and take care.

Book: I wish you could get away for a couple of days and just sleep.

Judy: Sending cyber hugs.

Love you all,
(4)

Assisted suicide for pimples!!?? Now I've heard it all. Where do people come up with these ideas?
(2)

hi rovana -mother has borderline personality disorder and is narcissistic - anything for attention. Sometimes I think she comes up with ridiculous things just for that, and if you disagree with her the fight would be on. I honestly think she enjoys fighting and getting angry. She seems to thrive in it - gets energized - even at 100.The rest of us get exhausted.
(3)

I love reading the comments about your mother, Emjo. My mother thoroughly poor health, whether its real or not. I swear, one of her happiest days was when she was referred to an oncologist for abnormal protein in her blood. A full body scan and more blood work showed nothing, but she still books herself appointments so she can go back every few months and make a huge deal out of "having to go to the oncologist". She said she would have to kill herself if the cancer got too bad. I told her to do me a favor and take my dad with her. The look on her face that day still makes me laugh. Sounds mean, but sometimes I've just got to pull her chain a bit and try to get her back into reality. It never works, but I do get a kick out of it.
(5)

Judy: LMAO!!! Love, Cat
(1)

oh judy, that's hilarious!!! hahahahaha Good for you. I know it doesn't work, but it helps us. Mother made a big fuss before her 100th b'day, sighing and saying, "I only want to make it to my 100th birthday", and many doctor's appointments, till he ordered a stool test for occult blood. They are pretty standard, but she went around saying she was having "THE cancer test". My sis fell for it, of course, and got all concerned, and my niece connected with me from Scotland. I told her it was a stool test, not specific for cancer, I had had many, and everyone has to die from something. Mother would be DELIGHTED to have an unusual protein in her blood. Nothing makes her madder than to go to ER and be told there is nothing wromg with her. If (when) I reach 100, I would be DELIGHTED to be told by the hospital that there is nothing wrong with me! BTW, the stool test came back normal, and, no, her eyes aren't brown, they are blue, ;)
(4)

Ditto Judy! LMAO!!!! And emjo. Love it. Her eyes are blue not brown.

Lots happened here Friday night with DQ. Be back later to update.

Love you guys, lisa
(4)

Lisa: When you are ready to share, I am all ears. Love, Cat
(1)

Thanks cat: Doug gets a call from DQ Friday afternoon. They released her from hospital but she had to go home first to pack clothes for her exciting stay at rehab. She needed a ride to the rehab facility because she couldn't get her things downstairs. So Doug, darn him, tells her we will be there after work. So we get there and I'll be dam if she dosen't have a hospital bed in the middle of her small living room. Door was unlocked and we walk in and she's laying in it. Didn't make one comment about the bed to her. I said you told Doug you needed a ride to the rehab. Why aren't you up and dressed? "I can't get up. I can't walk, what am I gonna do?" lord, I seen red! Told her then you actually don't need a ride to rehab ? I'll call when I get home and get you help here. Picked up my purse and we headed to the door and she was like a jack in the box. She was out of that bed in 15 sec flat. Started screaming at me why did you turn on me? I never did anything to you! I truly believe she has convinced herself she's done nothing wrong. Dougs convinced she's wanting me to take her back in. That will never happen. When will she realize I see right thru her bullshit. I told her she needs to use her time at rehab having them help her set up guardianship with the state to start proceeding to get her on Medicaid and go into a nursing home if she dosen't believe she can take care of herself. She said her health dosen't qualify her yet to go in nh. Well, that tells me you are perfectly capable to live on your own with assisted services. Now. You have ten minutes to get dressed if you want that ride. Just more ridiculous crap cat. We got her to rehab and haven't spoke to her since. I made sure she had her checkbook and debit. Wants me to go pay her rent wednesday. I dropped off a envelope with stamp at receptionist desk for her to mail it. Just another day. that was a he'll of an end to the lousy week with the bus run from he'll. ;) ray and Mary had the new roof put on to their sun room from the hail storm. She is all out of sorts. Furniture will be moved back in tomorrow. She's had a difficult time with the mayhem. Very nervous and cranky. They need to clean carpet as part of service and she's trying to convince ins agent she just had that carpet installed last month. Told Doug and sil's it sounds like a lunch date coming up so we can get them in there to do it. Thanks for listening. Just in a funk. I'll snap out of it.
(6)

Lisa, You are getting to be an old hand at dealing with your mom. You just get down to the brass tacks and move forward. You rock. Good for you.

I appreciate your comment, "just more ridiculous crap." Well, of course, what else could it be? Sad to say, that's all you can expect from your mom. On the up side, she is not capable of dragging you back into the middle of her drama or quilting you in to bringing her back to your home. OMG, can you even imagine having to lock your bedroom door at night again. No, No. Take a picture of your front door with the NO VACANCY sign on it and point out that the porch light is off. Make a number of copies and tape them to her mirror, hospital bed, toilet, refrigerator, inside of her apartment door, etc.

Sorry about all the goings on at the PIL's place. Hope things are back in place soon and your MIL can settle down.

Sending you love and hope the kids straighten up for the rest of the week.

Cat.
(2)

Hi everyone: Wanted to put this in a separate post. Hubby's bro called this afternoon to tell us that our nephew (mid 30's) committed suicide. He lived with his brother, who found him this morning.

We were shocked and saddened to hear this news although we knew that Dameron had been battling a drug and alcohol problem for many years. My heart breaks for my BIL and SIL (these are the ones who drove to ND to be at my grand daughter's wedding) because they have done everything possible to help Dameron and his brother, Justin, since they were little guys.

The two boys are the children of my SIL's sister. Her ex-husband murdered her in her home when the boys were 8 and 5 years old. The boys witnessed the shooting. Rick and Cynthia (BIL & SIL) took the boys in and raised them as their own. Their biological father eventually died in prison from cancer.

Rick and Cyn have loved these two boys with all their hearts and have done all they could to give them every chance at a good life. Neither one of the boys can keep free of drugs and alcohol. It's just a crying shame as they were so bright and full of potential.

My SIL has been through a 3 year battle with colon cancer and is now doing well. Before that, they lost a grand child to a serious heart defect. Just a week ago, my SIL's older brother died from leukemia.

Rick and Cyn are such good and loving people and I know Cynthia is searching, once again, asking herself what she could have done differently. So painful for them.

We will be talking to them again tomorrow and making plans to go to California in the next day or so to be with them. Please say a prayer for them, Dameron and Justin.

Thanks my friends. Cat
(2)

Lisa... I can't believe you went over to your mom's... but, you know, you can put a positive spin on this. If you hadn't have gone over, maybe you wouldn't realize that she'd like to move back in with you, and she could try to push it. Its a good thing to be aware of. I'm stretching here, trying to see the good. It sucks that its always a drama with her. You must get so overwhelmed with it all.

Cat... Rick and Cynthia sound like great people who've been dealt a crappy hand. I can't imagine having to deal with a suicide. That, to me, is the most painful thing, ever - for the brother who found him and for the parents - I can't even begin to imagine the pain.

You've had a hard few months. You doing alright? You're on my mind.
(2)

Hi Judy: I'm doing ok. Was doing better until this news. I was enjoying being in my home and just doing something positive each day. Little things that mean a lot to me, even if it is just mopping floors, which I did today. It's just enjoying the normal stuff which is almost a new experience to me.

I made a great Minestrone soup tonight and it's this stuff that makes me happy. Nothing fancy, just living and putting my life back together. Every day I just feel grateful to have the day. It's just that simple and it makes me happy.

My heart feels full of love for my husband and my son. I talked to my Granddaughter yesterday and she is so happy and doing so well and that makes my heart sing.

Now this thing happens, but I am so grateful that I can pull up stakes and go see Rick and Cyn. When Warren got off the phone with his brother, I told him, "we need to go down to Ca and be with them." He had tears in his eyes and said, "Yes, we need to go." Then we called our son to explain about Dameron and he wants to go with us. That would be wonderful. You know, it's just being a family and supporting each other.

Rick and Cyn are the people that we are closest to in the world. When Cyn was ill, I could not go see her because I had to take care of my dad. Before he had his stroke, there was no way he would have considered staying some place while we were gone and there was no way we could leave him here alone. After his stroke there was no way we could leave.

At least now we can leave and we have a good place to board the dogs so we can be available to support those we love without worry for the furry kids being cared for properly.

Judy, you are so right. Rick and Cyn are great people and they have been dealt a crappy hand. Suicide is such a burden for those left behind. I'm so sorry this has happened and at the same time I'm angry that, once again, they are left to pick up the pieces and try to make sense of it all.

My struggles seem pretty small compared to theirs. I'll keep you all posted and thanks for thinking of me. I think of you all the time.

Love and white light, Cat.
(3)

Oh cat, I'm so sorry for this tremendous loss. And those poor boys for witnessing their moms murder by their fathers hand. It's so hard for those left behind when a loved one commits suicide. It's been 8 years since my sisters suicide, and my niece and nephew are still struggling with it. Your sil and bil needs family more than ever. I still have late night or early morning calls from niece and nephew. All we can do is be there for them. I think your in laws are very blessed to have you and Warren to help them thru this. We will keep your family in our prayers Maureen. We love you, lisa
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter