Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Becky,
Here is your test answers within 10 minutes! 

Anyone who can still cook the great things you do (dinner thread) is A-ok mentally.  In addition, you passed the PJ test, he married you!

So, I notice a diagnosis might depend on where you were found, and what one said when you were picked up by police.??

Does anyone have any qualms about hanging out on the brat thread then?

I haven't seen Gershun around for a long time.....

(1)

At the chiropractor, I asked, "what was that groaning in the next room?" " What were you doing to the poor guy?"
He answered: "The man didn't pay his bill".

Lol.
(4)

Getting back to Veronica......
"We all know why people become doctors, don't we?"
Back when most doctors were male;
Back when most nurses were female;
Doctors became doctors to marry a pretty nurse, because they just did not have time
to date after work. imo.

(3)

ER docs have their ready rooms. Maybe that’s where all the action is.
(3)

You went to the chiro on Friday the 13th, Send?
(2)

Gershun here................probably too late to catch up with you guys! I'm backwards. I stay up all night and sleep during the day now.

So just to catch up. I have a tendency to sit on my glasses. I've done this twice now in the last six months. So Hubs and I went to the optometrist and he is a super nice guy. Fixed my glasses for free. While he was repairing them my Hubs was chatting up the woman who worked there. I tuned into their conversation until I realized they were both ignoring me. I started trying glasses on and finally found one I liked. Turned out they were Jimmy Choo lenses. He's a big name in the shoe business. I did not know he designed glass frames as well. It figures the one pair I tried on that I liked were the most expensive ones there.

Then I was talking to the nice man fixing my lenses apologizing for sitting on my glasses once again. His response "thats okay we're only human" I said oh, but I'm an android. He chuckled...........then I went back to being ignored by Hubs and the chick working there.

Anywho, I guess I'll go count sheep now. Trouble with me is when I do this, I picture the sheep jumping fences and grazing and next thing I know I'm thinking about everything but sheep. Sigh.................
(2)

I’ve always wondered about counting sheep. Do they line up neatly and wait to be counted?
(2)

To be honest I don't count sheep; I count bricks as I build a wall or shovelfuls of dirt as I turn over the soil or rocks as I load them into a truck.... anything repetitive and dull that can get my mind out of whatever place is keeping me from sleeping. If I counted sheep I would probably count them as they passed through the chute on their way to get tagged or vaccinated, I guess that image is a holdover from my farm girl upbringing :P
(2)

Bo
(0)

Peep?
(0)

Never tired counting sheep. I find if I tune into 48 hours murder mystery that I doze off 15-30 minutes before knowing who was the murderer.

So now on Saturday nights, I tune into the old reruns of Columbo, as one knows who is the murderer the first 10 minutes :)
(4)

FF, My go to is Forensic Files. The narrator's voice puts me to sleep and keeps me asleep.
(6)

Yeah, forensic files is great stuff. But even more sleep inducing is golf, nascar, baseball, or the ultimate.....ICE ROAD TRUCKERS.
(5)

I save golf for daytime naps.
(2)

Oh my goodness. I fall asleep to all those true-crime “disappearance and murder” shows, too!
(3)

Windy, is Alex still driving? Haven't watched the show in a couple of years. I also liked the show with the big rig tow trucks.... and the tornado chasers. Those two shows are gone since our cable provider stopped showing the Weather Channel :(
(2)

CNN puts me to sleep sometimes. Listening to Anderson Cooper and Don Lemon going on and on and on and on about Trump............I'm nodding off just thinking about it. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
(5)

That would do it Gershun,but I don't seem to have any trouble sleeping.As soon as my head hits the pillow,I'm out.
(4)

That's why you are Lucky lu! :)
(3)

Maybe it's from taking care of Mother for so long. I knew anything could happen at anytime and I'd better get all the sleep I could when I had the chance or maybe it's from going nonstop all day everyday and I'm just exhausted and I just crash.
(4)

Hi everyone!
Going out to get dH from work soon.
Please send hugs to me on my wall, by private p.m.
Hugs, I need some hugs.
Even UBER drivers need hugs.

Does anyone else just need a hug?

I am okay, I think.
(5)

Thank you for the hugs!
Dinner is over, going to bed soon.

This was just a busy, but normal day.

t a x e s .......getting me down.
(2)

Anyone see themselves sitting in parking lots for their retirement plan?

Mwah
(2)

I hope there isn't a parking lot in my future. Although when all of our children and grandchildren are visiting, the front yard looks like a parking lot. So maybe I'm there already. Once the snows off we're having the parking area across the road regraveled so they're not in the yard. The cars have been kind of a growing thing. As grandchildren have reached 16 and gotten a car, the yard has become a parking area. Truly ugly in the snow.
(1)

Send, Sad, but there are several elderly people who live in cars around here. Once the weather gets better and they can get off road, they'll be staying out in the woods. Homelessness here is bad. It's mostly young mothers and kids or older people with no support system. In the winter I always read about seniors in rooms or found in cars deceased. A couple of years ago a bag lady died on a bench next door to the police station.
(2)

Becky,
When I pick up dH from work, everytime I have to wait for the employer to let them out.
I am not sitting in parking lots because I am homeless. I never thought that I would be just a driver for dH either. Retirement should look more like what you are experiencing: A place at a lake, with family around. Good on you smart lady.  Enjoy!
(4)

Send,
I'm leaving hoca and heading to either panda or inn n out
You want me to send an uber your way with dinner ?

Hope you're taxes are done
(1)

Ok, Becky, here is your ~~~~HUG~~~~~!!
Could you please tell me how many lakes there are in your state, counting them backwards, take away 3?

It is not like you to be so serious, and I do not have a single comeback for the seriousness of the homeless issues. It has been in the news a whole lot, I understand.
(1)

MsMadge,
Please send Uber with a HUG! Lol.

Thanks for thinking of me.
Taxes are not done yet.
How about you?

Hurry, Panda closes before in n out.  They have steak and shrimp!
(1)

Becky,
If you want to be bad, take a spray can of bright yellow marking paint and spray parking space lines to neaten up the yard until the snow melts.
(2)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter