Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Send, my Superhero's cape is at the laundry mat but you can borrow my poo-flinging cape. It's fairly clean........although there is are some diarrhea splatters on it but it still works.
(7)

Gershun,
Thanks anyway, but I think the color would be a little off for me.
A Superhero Cape is needed, nothing else will do.

There are some other brats that might own one, but I am looking for one that helps me fly. But, thank you for your offer. You are probably the baddest brat I know.

Mally, Realistically on the repairs.....my RV was a traveling house with bathroom, tub, sink, stove, and, what else, but a water heater! The water heater did need repairs, as well as t h e slide out rooms, and the repairs to the mechanical portion of a huge vehicle.
Worse than a house. imo.
(2)

Ok, I need to know exactly who are the three brats who clicked "like" on Gershun's post?
We should all be sorry for chasing away those who are offended by pooh talk.
Sorry, NOT sorry, because I am being a brat. Very busy being bratty. It is really a difficult job, ya know?
However, the new website has mentioned several million viewers, now that is a little intimidating, but I am sure they are just logging in to learn how to change diapers over on some wonderful "how-to" thread.
(4)

Intermittent sleep, that is what I like!

Running out of swear words.
(0)

Oh, Send.

"...this is just such a little issue." ???

Not to you it's not.

It isn't that I don't applaud your consciousness of others who have bigger and more difficult battles to face, I do. But as well as size of problem, there is such a thing as proximity of problem, and your water issue doesn't need dealing with any less because other people are worse off.

You may, to divert you, be interested to know that the device you used up there about what you're going to do is called 'tmesis': the insertion of one word into another word to lend rhetorical emphasis.

I only know that because it came up on a programme called QI (stands for Quite Interesting), which I used to watch off-and-on, a panel game show ostensibly about esoteric as opposed to general knowledge but actually just an excuse for the participants to show off. Amusingly, often, to be fair.

The host, having explained it, invited the panellists to give their own examples of tmesis. Jo Brand contributed "Scunthorpe" a small and unremarkable town in Yorkshire.
(1)

Send don't you live in a Condo,, or am I remembering wrong? ( yes I do worry about early ALZ...) My DD's condo fees pay for a lot of things, and I would think water damage from a unit above yours would be covered? Hers was covered when the upstairs unit bathroom flooded. they redid her ceilings.
(2)

Send, so we just bought a new travel trailer; nothing to repair, and only the truck motor to maintain, which we do anyway. Do you think that will work (for us)? Of course, without my MUCH younger husband, any of them would be totally unusable for me!
(1)

Mally
RVing is a team effort.
I could go on and on, but would not want to deprive you of one minute of the challenges and enjoyment of the RVing experience. Enjoy!

Pammzi
No, I don't live in a condo, but the condos are behind and above our home, on a higher elevation than our property. At one time, years ago, I did live in a condo--there were lawsuits constantly trying to get the condo association to repair roof leaks that had damaged the condo beneath it, as well as the inside walls between condos. etc. etc. etc.
Hoping your fears of forgetfulness can be relieved with more brain exercises. Sometimes, it is fear getting in your way. Don't accept forgetfulness as your reality.
Fight it!

Countrymouse,
Tmesis, absolutely-fun-QI!!!! Yes, was very distracted reading about it, and recalling the movie-line from A BEAUTIFUL WOMAN:  (Cinderf*****grella, that's who!).
(0)

Took me a while to find this thread again seems not many people take to being bratish. My DD would probably write in about how difficult her mother was in the Dr's office this morning.
On discharge from the hospital I was given an appointment for a new PCP at 10.15 this morning. on arrival the girl looked up and said"You don't have an appointment today" "You could see a NP tomorrow morning or come back next Monday"
"I have an appoinment today and showed her my dischage papers with the Dr's name date and time on it. "Well" she said we are fully booked today so come back next Monday" "No i have an appointment today and I want to see a Dr not an NP"
She politely suggested we take a seat over there and disappeared. DD chastised me for my attitude and mentioned that things do slip through the cracks. In true dementia loved one voice I mentioned that they were not slipping through this crack and anyway i did not like this place"
In about five minutes the clerk came back and said one of the Drs would see me briefly.
Within minutes I was checked in and the Dr I had been booked with came in to see me. I liked her immediately and she spent a good deal of time with me although did not have time for a full work up which will happen when I go back.
So now I have had practice at being a bad loved one DD will probably not volunteer to take me again. just as well hubby did not come or we would probably have been taken out in handcuffs.
So let your loved ones spread their wings occasionally at least this time it got results
(8)

Veronica,

Glad you liked the new PCP - saved her from being pinched
(6)

Bratty is as bratty does
(6)

Always a brat here!
With my water heater replaced, and working (just this morning !!) I will need to find more things to complain about.
Thank you everyone, every brat on here, who has supported me through this time, even though I might have been without a proper shower recently. BTW, they are turning the water off again today. la la la la la la la .
(5)

Hate myself.
Went to lay down before picking dH up from work.
That chocolate Hersheys with almonds did not survive once I dozed off,
as it melted underneath me.
(3)

Received my medical records from the past few years, complete with doctor's notes.
Once I stop laughing hysterically, maybe I can tell you more. heh heh heh. lol.

Surprised that none if it was didacted.
(4)

That good, huh Send?
(3)

Send...You could melt that candybar the rest of the way and pour the chocolate over some icecream or just throw it in the freezer for awhile.
I know YOU need your chocolate or you'll turn into a worse Brat!
(4)

Send, I can't believe it. Just yesterday I was making the bed and thought I'd soiled myself. Then realized that it was the Glosset chocolate covered raisins I'd been eating in bed. One of them didn't make it into my mouth apparently. LOL!
(4)

Gershun...Are you positive it was a raisin?Did you taste it?
(4)

Brat Reporting For Duty!

I had a go at the 3rd party billing company for the ER Drs at our hospital this morning.

The bills for my ER visit have rolled in. Called Hospital and Insurance Co yesterday.

Soooo, ER Drs are billed “out of network”. I gave them my opinion, rant, rant, rave, rave. They changed the amount to my 20% owed. But noooo I had to go on what an outage, they should be fired...uggghhh I realized at that point I was channeling my Dad. The horror!

Hubby flies home tomorrow and the scramble begins to prepare for Cattle Working on Monday Morning. Tensions and tempers will be in overdrive. Predicting Future Brat Behavior Saturday and Monday.

Sunday our little family is traveling to Houston for the Astros game! Woohoo!!! Predicting Future Brat Behavior from myself and 4.5 yr old grandson! Weeee Fun Times!

Oh Send the chocolate almond candy bar................
(6)

Send- melted chocolate almond bar, see now you have something to complain about. :)
(4)

Lol@ Lucky Lu......................:)

No, I didn't but I'm pretty sure it was a raisin...............yikes!
(2)

MsMadge said it....."Bratty is as Bratty does".......
It's probably from all the candy Iv'e been eating tonight.
(4)

Good Brat Lizzy~
Go Brats!
(2)

Gershun,
Why do you assume you didn't soil yourself?
(3)

Send,
Stick to the plain Hershey kisses
You don't want an almond stuck up your nose
(3)

Thursday night
Brat night party
(3)

Ms Madge I never assume, it just makes an a** out of you and me.

Plus, I never soil myself..............at least I think I don't. :P And I was eating chocolate covered raisins in bed. Anyway, my cats are wrestling. I have to break it up. Good Night Brats!
(3)

Without my chocolate, I fell asleep early. Sorry to have missed the party.
(2)

Hey, Brat Luckylu.......
How ya doin?
(1)

So last night my mom was having a wild Sundowning. She was a toddler- kindergarten Sunday school teacher for 50 years. She calls me and says " that son of a b#!$h " is coming back and I'm not going to stay here so come and get me! I was so shocked at her saying s.o.b. that I laughed! Mercy! Yep I'm a little brat!
(4)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter