Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
My Mother said "Nice girls don't toot" and we were to hold ours in,but my brother's tooted all the time and there was a game we played.
If someone tooted,you had to say "Safety" before they said "Post",otherwise you would be hit repeatedly until you named 7 cigarettes,counted to ten and whistled &
Now sometimes when I hear someone toot,I still want to say"Post".
(4)

My FIL "toots" as he walks places, so did MIL and now my Mom does it sometimes. My thinking is as they lose their hearing they think no one else hears.. or more likely at that age,, they just don't care! My mom is a master belcher, she could put teenage boys to shame. If I had belched like that when I was younger she would have swatted me! I have however laughed my self boneless,, actually slid out of chair in our office one day .., still get teased about that!
(5)

That would be even funnier with dH close at your heels, Lol.
(My hubs follows me).
(3)

I was walking through a little beach side shop the other day. We had just had Mexican food for lunch. I farted all around the aisles.

Remember that song by Christopher Cross that went "If you get caught between the moon and New York City" Theres a line where he says "even though you laughed your way cross town" In my case it would be "farted my way cross town" lol

Just let em RIP!
(8)

No one recalls the doorbell licker? A man who was arrested for going to homes, licking their doorbell's? As seen on Ring videos-a security device for your front porch area.

Just wondered if the snake will be arrested.

Burping, snorting, tooting,
Is that our only embarrassing choices?
I am thinking the brats on here could find so many more embarrassing ideas.

Cough, cough.
(3)

Or absent-mindedly burping, because your thoughts were elsewhere, and being gently patted on the back by a nice polite young man you don't know all that well?
(1)

What's more embarrassing ?

accidently snorting when laughing or tooting when coughing ?
(4)

Hardly anyone "gets" my jokes, so I am often laughing by myself.

But then, I start to worry a bit if someone does get my humor.
Are they ok?
(7)

On the news:
The doorbell licker is back!

A snake was recorded sliding across a door, licking the doorbell.

Ring, ring.

Ding dong.
(2)

Quite often I'm laughing by myself CM. My older brother used to say "there she goes"

Funny, when we went to Ireland I noticed lots of people doing this so maybe I come by it honestly on my mom's side.
(4)

Gershun, Anne Tyler called that "laughing herself boneless" - her description made me laugh myself boneless. It's when if you're standing up you do literally start staggering around, helpless.

And it gets even worse when nobody else can see what's so funny.
(10)

I just may Madge.
(1)

It's bad, Send

Gershun, try pantiliners 😂👏
(4)

So I didn't behave badly but I had a good laugh yesterday. Hubs was phoning our cable provider to try to change our t.v. lineup. He had the guy on speaker phone. Hubs says "hi, who am I speaking with?" Guy answers "Jason" Hubs says "hi Jason, this is (insert name) calling from home.

I don't know why but this just struck me as so hilarious. I started laughing that uncontrollable laugh you do sometimes when you start to pee your pants. It been happening a lot lately. These fits of laughter. Things have just been striking me as funny lately. The heat maybe?

The other day too. Hubs was sweeping the balcony. He does every thing at warp speed. He looked insane. Yep, I peed my pants again. :)

I'll probably need to stock up on panties if this keeps happening.
(6)

How bad is it?
(1)

Hoca one hot mess!
So sorry.
(3)

I wish they did - it's more like Friday night fight night now 😠
(1)

So, just because I might be holding back, no need for everyone else to hold back.
It is, afterall, Friday night.

Isn't that fiesta night at hoca Ms Madge?
Or did the staff do away with that too?
(1)

You are always welcome here Cwillie!
Not much to say on the "interesting" part, but your contributions are always interesting, as are your jokes.
I don't think that I am alone thinking it best to be holding back on some of the comments I would like to make on behalf of getting along with others in general.
(4)

I have to admit I lurked on the forum a long time before jumping in, and I've found another forum where I lurk too. It's an off shoot of a topic that has nothing to do with my life so I wouldn't be welcome, but they have such interesting conversations there.
(8)

Or scrape the mold off the bread....or not~
(3)

A lurker, a spy, or a weirdo, by any name, they need to get a life.

However, the opportunities for behaving badly abound, if they are secretly watching you.

While preparing dinner, you can drop their food on the floor, put it back on their plate.
(5)

If they spy on you all the time does that make 'em a Lurker?Or just a weirdo?
(2)

Heh heh heh, Happy Birthday Frick!

Boots,
My husband is a lurker, What do you think he wants?
(2)

Finally it wasn't me behaving badly. I saw an Instagram post where the nurse in the M.C. put up a picture of a Skelton looking through blinds in an office. It reads "A family member lurking at the nurses station. You ask them so they need anything and the answer is no. So annoying! " Haha suck it sister! We are watching. you sit there on your fat azz looking at the computer and chatting! Can't wait now to go lurk lol!!!
(7)

MsMadge, when are you bringing out your Hoca version of One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest? Every time I read an update, I'm laughing but with tears in my eyes.
(6)

It's Frick's bday so I made a video clip of the Viking singing to him much to her dislike

she likes to rhyme and added a new verse to the familiar
happy birthday to you
happy birthday go screw 🙀

Then she ended her message with
I'm going to heaven
Which was odd since all during lunch she was telling anyone who looked at her to go to hell
(8)

Barry Mann
(3)

Who?

Who put the bomp in the bomp bah bomp bah bomp
Who put the ram in the rama lama ding dong
Who put the bop in the bop shoo bop shoo bop
Who put the dip in the dip da dip da dip????
(3)

I was having a somewhat quiet and pleasant afternoon with the Viking today in her room - she was sleepy all day and in bed but woke cheerful from her nap, so I got her something to drink and a snack and put on an Elvis cd

One of the residents was miffed and wanted to go home today and decided to pull the fire alarm - holy moly a defeaning siren went off in every room and staff couldn't turn it off - everyone was searching the stairwells thinking someone escaped (again)

I stood trying to hold a pillow up against the intercom next to mom's bed to muffle the siren and told her to cover her one good ear - this scene lasted until the fire dept arrived

another resident's spouse came into the hall and pulled a bottle out of his pocket and said look, he bought mj for the first time in 60 years, hoping it will calm his wife and increase her appetite - if it wasn't for the munchies, it was sounding like a good idea 😹😹😹
(12)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter