Follow

https://www.facebook.com/reel/1204332890442714

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
i think these are people with very mild dementia and almost no physical problems…

…walking to restaurants, capable of ordering food, walking around the village, not disturbing other dementia people…

if dementia gets worse, every individual needs their own caregiver…because 1 caregiver can’t keep up with the safety of 10 dementia people walking around, potentially harming themselves…
(2)

Cool!
(0)

Connie,

We all know that elder care is becoming a booming business. Investors are becoming very creative.

It’s a great idea to repurpose old malls into assisted living facilities. We are living longer and assisted living facilities will be in demand.

Many places have been updated in order to accommodate current needs. Old hotels have been converted into apartments and condominiums.

Years ago, our warehouse district in New Orleans was a 19th century storage area. This section of town is close to the Mississippi River.

The area that originally had old brick warehouses was revitalized into a place that houses museums, restaurants, bars, coffee shops, art galleries, boutiques, etc.
(2)

That would be incredible!
(0)

When I saw this, I tried to imagine how we (as a country) could utilize our dying shopping centers.
(3)

thank you for sharing this Connie! What a lovely and fulfilling community.
(1)

No matter how wonderful, there will still be those who insist that they don't want to leave their (dirty, broken, trashy, hoarded, falling apart, smelly, bug-infested) home.

There are so many good places to live these days if you're older. Nothing like it used to be when the choices were dreary and dismal. I loved where my mom lived in assisted living. Always something fun to do, and it was like a hotel where people knew each other and were friends.
(4)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter