Follow

My wife who had been in a nursing home died suddenly last Friday. This was unexpected. She went in her sleep. Right now, I feel like I will be unable to share experiences further here and probably will not participate any longer. With time I may feel different and come back. Life is unpredictable.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
I am sorry for the unexpected passing of your wife. As you navigate the next few weeks, I hope that you will find peace. And please do come back here to share any nuggets of wisdom gained by experience when you are ready.
(4)

My condolences. Consider a grief group. It is so hard to lose your dearest.
(2)

Frank - deepest condolences on the sudden passing of your wife. My heart goes out to you. I pray for you as you process your loss and the changes it brings. Know you are welcome here any time.
(3)

Frank - I am sorry for your loss. Her passing effects you greatly, I can tell.

Please surround yourself with support, family and friends.
Call hospice for counseling.
Join a grief support group, either in-person or online.
You need to talk to people who understand.
Don't internalize your grief and keep everything to yourself.

In time, you will be alright.
Hugs to you.
(4)

Oh Frank, I am so very sorry for your loss.

May The Lord give you grieving mercies, peace and comfort during this difficult time.
(3)

I'm grieved for your shocking loss. May you gain peace in your heart and be comforted by loving memories.
(1)

Frank,

I am so sorry for your loss. I am glad that she didn’t suffer. Of course, you will grieve the loss of your wife.

Cherish your memories. She wouldn’t want you to remain sad forever.

Wishing you peace as you go through this difficult journey.
(2)

Frank, I am so sorry to hear of the sudden passing of your wife. Grace and peace to you as you mourn this terrible loss.
(4)

Frank, sincere condolences out to you. I am glad your wife did not suffer, but her exit has left you shocked. I hope you will return. Admins: reporting my own comments so that Frank's notifications to us can be moved to "Discussions".
Again, Frank, I am so very sorry for your loss.
(1)

So sorry to hear about your wife. Even if expected, losing your spouse leaves a terrible hole in your life. In time, I hope you might come back here to share your knowledge and experiences. My husband passed away sudenly last June, and I've continued to "hang around" here, in part to share knowledge and in part because I feel as though I've come to "know" some of the folks on here. As JoAnn, noted, many of us are no longer current caregivers but still feel part of the community. Some of us may be caregivers again, know others who are, or we may be on the receiving end of caregiving :-)
(2)

So sorry for your loss.

My Mom passed 5 yrs ago and I stayed. There are a lot of us that are not caring anymore but share what we learned and I am still learning.

Your experience could help another man going thru the same thing.
(4)

I'm so sorry for your devastating loss, Frank. (((Hugs))).
(3)

I wish you peace as you walk thru this stage of life.. hugs to you..
(4)

I’m very sorry for your loss and wish you healing and peace
(5)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter