Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Wow, look what you started! 480 comments. Good going, smeshque!
(2)

Thank you Nanny,
I would have to say it is all the contributors that are to be praised. Thanking the Lord for all gifts great and small.
Seeing others post blessings is very joyous.in that amidst the struggles of life we can still see good, and God. I know HE appreciates the thanksgiving.

And let them sacrifice the sacrifices of thanksgiving, and declare his works with rejoicing,
Psalms 107:22
(4)

It has been over 21 months now since my husband was sent home from the hospital with CHF and given two to three weeks to live. He was placed on hospice. So I am thankful that he is still alive....and the big miracle, still able to come down the stairs unassisted in the morning from his bedroom and still go up the stairs at night. He is weak and spends the day in his recliner except to come to the table to eat a little food. We are now eating small soft Healthy Diet dinners or soup, but he is still eating. His mind is clear and he is content. Of course I am tired and often discouraged, but still able to leave him alone to get to the store and church. Men from the church come to be with him when I go to church to teach the Bible study on Thursdays. Sometimes you have to just count your blessings and keep your mind off of everything else. Think on the things that make you glad, not on the things that make you sad. We have no family here in Knoxville (our daughter and son-in-law operate a travel company in Europe), but financially we are able to stay in our house and there is enough money to pay for occasional help when necessary. So yes, I am blessed! Jack is still with me and only God could have kept him here. He hasn't seen a doctor in the 21 months he has been on hospice. Yes---only Doctor Jesus! I am thankful for television, laptops and the Internet. And for those who know what I'm talking about here---for April the giraffe who is expecting again and the camera is on. A way to get away to spend time in a giraffe stall watching a pregnant giraffe. Ha! A merry heart does good like a medicine. Blessings to all.
(6)

Just thanking the Lord for getting me through this rough day. Today was a day of much crying, I felt so weak, emotionally. Felt so much anxiety, like I just wanted to run away. So I allowed myself a good cry. And prayed and HE gave me strength to make it through the day. I just know someway, somehow this does not have to be this hard. I just know it. I am determined to get it figured out with HIS help. I just know it shouldn't be this hard. I wish I could learn whatever it is that is hindering me emotionally to be better. I am willing and I desperately want to learn and grow and be what it is I am meant to be. I'm, just feeling so weak today. But, HIS grace is sufficient. Looking forward to worship tomorrow.
Thank you Lord for everything.

"You are my strength when I am weak
You are the treasure that I seek
You are my all in all
Seeking You as a precious jewel
Lord, to give up I'd be a fool
You are my all in all
Taking my sin, my cross, my shame
Rising again I bless Your name
You are my all in all
When I fall down You pick me up
When I am dry You fill my cup
You are my all in all
Jesus, Lamb of God
Worthy is Your name
Jesus, Lamb of God
Worthy is Your name"
(6)

Smeshque, I hope and pray that a good night's sleep and the refreshment of worship will help bring clarity about any and all issues on your plate right now.

I had a wonderful day of blessings. Took my dad and our elderly friend to church where there was a wonderful message by a scientist/believer. Nice to see a super smart guy praising God and also advising about how his scientific research and divinity school background and theological grounding both point toward and honor Christ.

Thanks, Lord!
(3)

Spent yesterday playing dominoes with my 90 year old dad and siblings. Smiles, reminiscences and laughs...including my sweet mama with dementia...were the blessings of the day.
(7)

Snoopy, thank you, I did get refreshed. I am so glad you had a wonderful day of blessings, wonderful messages are reviving. Sounds like a very good day.

Mama- Sounds like a very good game of dominoes, when people are smiling. :)

I am so thankful this day especially for having a warm home, to be in during this frigid time. I feel so sad for all those who may be out in this weather with no place to go.

“Praise ye the LORD. O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.” 
Psalms 106:1
(5)

Thankful that I do not live in Alabama. And so sad for those whose lives were forever changed by that tornado.
Pray for them.

“Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people.” 
Proverbs 14:34
(3)

I am thankful that I have a warm house and a very comfortable bed and that I now can get some real sleep. I am mostly thankful that God is healing my body, as well as my emotions. I am thankful what God is doing in my life.

Thank you Lord for being with me on this much confusing and much painful path that I was on and knowing You are right by my side every step of the way and for giving me a new vision for my life.

Isaiah 43:18-19
(6)

There are too many blessings to count....The Good Lord has blessed our socks off!!
1. I was able to retire at 62 years old in September 2018.
2. We were able to move to Puerto Vallarta, México 5 days ago and had zero trouble on the 1,350 mile drive spanning 4 Mexican states in 2-1/2 days.
3. We were able to rent a brand new 3 bedroom, 2-1/2 bath, 2 car garage home for $550.(U.S.)/month with a great landlord who has done every request we asked for.
4. It (seems like) all our belongings arrived from the moving van (more or less) unscathed.
5. Our fur babies seem to be adapting to the new house and climate pretty well.
6. I have had the strength (and lack of backache) to clean and unpack (that’s an ongoing adventure). How can 2 people have SO much stuff?
7. The average daytime temperature here in March is 80 degrees with a low of 65 at night. (Tough, I know).
8. And I have the greatest internet buddies on this board who are actually happy for us.
Who could ask for more?
Thank you Dear Lord for making this a great time of my life. My dreams have come true.
(11)

“My dreams have come through “
Oh Sue yes, you’ve been blessed. Not so much because of all you’ve received, but because while your dreams have become a reality you haven’t lost sight of The One that keeps taking care of you and will always be by your side. Having the humility in your heart to recognize His generous love and mercy is the real blessing!

Very happy for you! Make every day count : )
(6)

Shell- I am so happy you are receiving physical and emotional healing. GOD is Great. What a blessing.

Sue- i am so happy you are getting your dreams come true. What a blessing. HE gives us the desires of our hearts when we love HIM.

I am thankful today that I am noticing that I am getting more settled in my new life. It has taken almost five years, but I am finally able to just lay it all down and not look back, But, try and provide the best care and love for my Mom. I am also thankful for my DH who has not ran away. :) I know this has been a hard transition for him as well, losing some of me, but yet he handles it way better than I do. He just says this is what we gotta do right now. And we do it. And he has been making an effort to sit and talk to Mom and let me just have at least a 5 minute break. But at least I see him trying. And I know that Jesus knows all and that the Lord will get us through this journey. That is what I am so grateful for, knowing I have help from above. And I can do all things through Christ who strengtheneth me.
(3)

O Infinite Father, I’m grateful to Thee
For the moon and the stars and deep rolling sea
For beauties of nature, where e’er they may be…
For the handclasp of friends, so firm and so true
For sunrise and sunset and glistening dew
The fleecy white clouds and the heavens, so blue
For these wonderful gifts, dear Lord, I thank you!

Gertrude T. Buckingham
(5)

Lots of blessings today. Some free time to go for a nice walk downtown, a beautiful church service with my father, a delicious dinner. Thanks, Lord!
(3)

I am just thankful today that God has given me the grace to get through all the difficult times I have been through and His grace covers me through the difficult decisions and planing that I have ahead of me. I pray that His mercy over flows in my life that it over flows on to the others around me. Thank you Lord for covering me and walking with me.
(5)

Listen 

So you've heard the story several times before
Please listen very closely, oh don't try to ignore
They were sons & daughters, moms & pops too
Their care and well being is now trusted to you
They once had full lives, raising families and such
They worked and fought battles not asking for much
Now that they're older and as hard as they've tried
They can't do the things they once did with pride
Help them be happy, compassion always choose
Remember, all will eventually stand in their shoes 

by Dawne Gonzales
(2)

Thank you, Lord, for safety and peace today as I went about my errands and then was at home. So wonderful to see my dad enjoying watching tennis on TV and a delicious dinner, and snoring peacefully tonight.

I truly have everything I need, Lord. Thank you!
(5)

Jan/feb: living on about US$ 12 a day (give or take the exchange rate) for food and transportation.
March: make it US$ 6 a day
April (est): debt-free and starting to save again
May (est): able to enter bookstores again. And Steam. And call for pizza now and then.
Aug (est): ooooh, is that a new (Puma/NB/Reebok) sneaker? I will take it.
(1)

So much to be grateful for. Everyone is healthy. We had two very eye opening sermons today and a great worship service. The weather has been lovely. Got over half of our gardening prep work completed, will finish up more tomorrow. Oodles and Oodles of Deer coming out of the woods to graze on the green wheat. So beautiful to watch God's creations. Thank you Lord for all your Love, grace and mercy.

“For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.” 
1 Corinthians 6:20
(4)

My mother’s health declined rapidly from Wednesday to Thursday. We had no idea.
I bought a plane ticket Thursday and flew to TJ on Friday. I got to her bedside at 9:15 pm. She was non-responsive and had a death rattle. I told her that hubs and I loved her, that we didn’t want her to suffer anymore and when Jesus or the angles came, she should go with them. We would be OK. I held her hand, hugged and kissed her and talked to her. She breathed her last breath at 10:40 pm.

I know it was the Good Lord letting her hang on until I got there. I had prayed earlier that, if He needed to take her before I got there, it was better for her-to relieve her misery than gratify me to have said a few words to her. I’m so grateful that I got to be there. Thank you Lord for the privilege of being present when Mom passed. I was all she had. 😢

We thought she’d be coming with us to Puerto Vallarta but Your plan was to be with You in glory. May she Rest In Peace.

Tomorrow is the creamation. Please pray that I can “hold it together “. Thanks.
(10)

SueC1957

I am sorry for your loss. I am glad that the Lord gave you the time to say, whatever you needed to.
(5)

(((Hugs, Sue))), I'm so sorry for your loss. You did a wonderful job of caring for her, and she is now in the arms of our Lord.
(6)

(0)

Praying for you Sue, sorry for your loss.(HUG)
(4)

Sue,
Cannot imagine how you are feeling, but God will hold you, comfort you and give you all the strength you need. He never fails, specially during our hardest times.
May He bless you and cover you with His immense love.
(6)

I am just grateful that the Lord woke me up and got me out of bed today and the sun is shining, plus I heard a woodpecker pecking away...spring is coming:)
(5)

I thank the Lord for this day. Mom had her 6 month check up today. All blood work is good. She lost some weight(intentional), He was impressed at her new found love of her stationary bike and how she rides 10 miles a day. When she first came to live her, she and Dad. They both were on a bunch of meds. I found a good Dr and right away he was like, "why are you taking such and such?" Anyway, Today he cut one of her pills to just one at night, these are pills that when she arrived she was taking 8 a day prescribed. He is weaning her off of them as he says she doesn't need them anymore. Two months ago she read the side effects of one of her meds, and refused to take it anymore. Her blood pressure went back to normal and has been since she stopped taking that. I just thank the Lord for taking care of her. And I know blessed I truly am.

“The blessing of the LORD, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it.” 
Proverbs 10:22
(1)

Had a wonderful day. Two good and encouraging and thoughtful sermons to digest.
God is Great! The Lord has put a new business venture in our path, and we are excited about the pursuit. It will be something Mom will enjoy as well. Yay!!

Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
Ecclesiastes 12:13
(1)

such a great post! I agree!
(1)

Beautiful Sunshine day. Life is beautiful when looking through spiritual glasses.

Teach me to do thy will; for thou art my God: thy spirit is good; lead me into the land of uprightness.
Psalms 143:10
(2)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter