Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Today had the blessing of a few hours outside in the sun doing yardwork. The sun felt great. Later my sister and I washed my dad's hair and now it looks so cute and fluffy! We even reminded him teasingly of that old shampoo "Gee Your Hair Smells Terrific"! He laughed.

Thanks, Lord!
(3)

It was nice and refreshing to worship this day. Good sermon on wholly serving God. And an evening song service, My Mom loves to sing. She sings with all her heart it is a beautiful thing.
Our Dear friend who lost his wife in Aug, he is getting weaker physically, but stronger spiritually. Today he was talking about transitioning from this life to the next and before it grieved him so much, but today he said, I am looking forward to it. I think he is ready to go, he is just waiting on the Lord to take him. Makes me sad, because I will miss him dearly. But I can see his body getting weaker. But, his spirit stronger.
We had a very cold night almost freezing and we had to cover our plants we have outside, and most survived well, a few may or may not make it. But we didn't lose them all.
I thank the Lord for all these things and all the things I am so unaware of that HE does for me everyday. May HE help me always see HIS blessings, great or small.

“I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.” 
Revelation 1:8
(4)

I woke up with a massive headache this morning. Struggled through the day with it. But thank the Lord it is finally gone. Just makes me want to sing. :)
(Everyone plug your ears):)

I will sing unto the LORD as long as I live: I will sing praise to my God while I have my being
Psalms 104:33
(7)

After a MONTH in the new house, we finally have INTERNET!!! (they finally figured out the problem today so now I can communicate with ya'll.) Oh my, how we depend on electronics. Living half way down Mexico (1000 miles south of California), I need to have access to do banking, medical, government stuff, etc. This has been a supreme test of patience but it's finally working, thank you Lord. I am eternally grateful.

Now, I just need to keep some patience to get the Dish satelite installed to have TV (they took our order but never registered the work order, so NO TV for 1 month!), patience for the window shades guy to come and install the rest of them (the guy's car broke down on the freeway yesterday. We were waiting all day-did he call? No), patience to get the plumber back here to get rid of the nasty sewer smell in our bathroom (they had come 2 weeks ago and needed to come back but never did), patience to look around and find another car, etc., etc., etc..............

Aaahhhh, patience. I need an infinite supply. But I'm grateful to be able to type this and send it. :)
(4)

Sue- so glad you got your internet.
Imagine the strength you will have in endurance when all these things get worked out.
By choice, DH and I haven't watched TV for 6 or 7 years now, I lost count, but we are better for it.

I thank the Lord this day for all the blessings and joy HE bestowed upon my Mom. Ever so grateful.
(3)

Was out in the yard this morning on a beautiful spring day. So thankful for the nice weather. My dear MiL also went out on the deck “to see what’s growing “ and got some sun and fresh air. Tomorrow, I get out by myself for a few hours. Thanking God for these blessings.
(3)

I just want to acknowledge the greatest blessing of all and the only blessing we need: the presence of God in our life. In my life I can say with no hesitation that He is always present, with me and despite me, supporting me, encouraging me, celebrating with me, consoling me. Always with me!

Quite an important blessing to count and we all have it.
(5)

Sometimes I feel ashamed. Ashamed because I feel so undeserving of ALL God gives me, how well and lovingly He takes care of me, almost as if I was His most cherished child! The thing is, despite all my shortcomings and my many weaknesses, I actually AM His cherished child! You are too, we all are. Everyone of us is.

And sometimes, if not all the time, the most precious gift we can receive from Him is PEACE. But I have learned that we have to let Him give us His peace in order to receive it. If we just keep living life running around, questioning, worrying, rebelling, we won’t have a chance to stop and feel His love and receive the peace He so much wants to cover us with!

The problem is that stopping our pointless quest for...for what? and receiving His peace sometimes seems just impossible! We are human, we are fragile, we are scared, we suffer. But I just want us all to realize and remember that it is important to stop the madness of our individual worlds, and open the doors for Him to enter, actually He just wants a tiny window, that is all He needs! if we don’t we will continue walking or rather running aimlessly towards nothing and in desperation.

It is a long reflection to just say that I am here to tell you (because I feel it) that it is important to:

1) Be thankful, because no matter what we are going through, He IS present and He is holding us, caring for us, loving us no matter what!

2) Stop, give an opportunity for His peace to enter. Allow ourselves to feel His love. And sometimes that means making a huge effort to overcome our worldly feelings of sadness, anger, fear, desperation, loneliness, etc., and just STOP, stop and open a tiny bit of room for His love to console us. It is right there, in front of you, by your side, behind you; protecting you, supporting you, pushing you to keep going, reassuring you that you are never alone!

3) Realizing that our world doesn’t need to be working fine, problems don’t need to be solved and disappear, life doesn’t need to change and become easier for us to be able to feel His peace! Your life can be in whatever shape it may be at this very moment.. but amazingly, you can be in absolute peace. Isn’t that miraculous? Yes, it is. It is because the source of that peace is God!
And He feels so content when we tell Him: I give You my life, I can’t anymore without You, I am tired, but I TRUST You, and I NEED You. You are ALL I have.

Sadly, we normally don’t get to that point of true understanding of life and recognition of the power of God and of our human limitations until we feel our life is falling apart. Until we feel empty and powerless. Tired, clueless about what to do next. But I will say that if that is what we need to really open ourselves to Him, then welcome be the difficulties in life. Don’t you think?

If we need to touch bottom to finally look up, to look at Him, then blessed be what brought us bottom!

I am counting my blessings today.
My blessings are angels that He places on my way in different forms, my blessings are the opportunities to share what I feel, like these words, with other persons that may need them, specially those struggling and feeling at their limit.
Yet my greatest blessing today is His peace in my mind and my heart. I’m resting in Him!
What a good Father I have, despite being such an imperfect daughter. He is our greatest blessing! Let’s never forget it.

May He give us all the continued wisdom and strength to open our life to His presence, so we can experience His PEACE!

". . . In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." -- John 16:33
(4)

Amen Rosses,
Absolutely wonderful words. If we would all just keep that in our hearts and minds.
Thank you so much for those words,
(2)

Amen Rosses,
What amazing words. Thank you so much for sharing and reminding us that our Father loves us so. I needed this tonight.

God bless you and everybody on this site.
(4)

“The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped...” 
Psalms 28:7
(4)

Blessings update;
We got the Dish (for TV) today! Not that we're hooked on TV but it sure fills the time after dinner to bedtime nicely. We watch news, nature shows and an occasional movie as we wind down our day.

We were able to bless a good friend who's struggling today. Her husband is hooked up to drugs and hasn't supported the family for awhile. She's ostracized from his parent's family because she wouldn't pull her kids out of college to save money. Good for her. The only way the kids will make it is to have a higher education. Everyone needs a little help once in awhile. It sure felt good to be able to make her life easier.

Hubs killed a spider on the living room wall that looked as big as my hand. (They grow BIG bugs down here!) Thank you Lord that it didn't get anywhere near ME.

I'm grateful that the Lord has given me peace about my mom's passing. I think we both were ready but I was taken by surprise at the speed of her decline. At least she didn't suffer long (to my knowledge). That's what I prayed for. She also never got to the final stage (7) of Alzheimer's. I was dreading that and asked that God take her before having to suffer that. He did and I'm grateful.

I can't wait to get settled and get plugged in to church, groups and charitable organizations and my teaching "job". I think life will be full. I couldn't ask for more.
(7)

Yay Sue!!
Many blessings this day for you.
So glad you were able to help your friend. It is good of you to be aware when someone needs some help. Everyone does sometime as you said.
I am glad that you are at peace with your Moms passing, that is truly a wonderful blessing.
It will be great when you get plugged in. :)
Sounds lije you are going to have a wonderful life there. May God bless you and al your endeavors.
(3)

I am grateful the weather today was much better than yesterday. I am grateful that we are all here together safe and sound and have a place to rest our heads. I am grateful for the love of a King that would leave his throne and die for me.

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
1 Timothy 3:16
(3)

Lots of blessings today: beautiful weather, blossoming trees and shrubs, a fabulous wheelchair van to drive my dad around in. And Easter is next weekend. Thank you, Lord!
(3)

I am so grateful that the bad weather went around us. We had some storms but nothing like it could have been. I do not like tornado season and it seems to have come early this year. But, God is good and I know he will keep us safe.

For this God is our God for ever and ever: he will be our guide even unto death.
Psalms 48:14
(4)

Lots of blessings today, Good Friday. Thank you, Lord!
(3)

Blessed Good Friday and Chag Sameach/Happy Passover to my caregiver forum family who are celebrating.
(3)

Happy Easter to all!
(2)

I have many blessings everyday, but forget to be grateful for them.
I am still fighting a head cold. I did not sleep last night, so felt worse today. Sat down for a few minutes nad layed my head back and fell asleep for about 30 minutes. It helped, I felt a little better.
This evening I went out to mow the backyard, we push mow the yard surrounding the house, and ride mow the outer part. I really didn't feel like it, but Dad always said when your sick you need to sweat. So I bundled up like it was 30 degrees and went out and mowed for about an hour. I got a good sweat and felt better. As I am mowing DH is burning some limbs, and Mom in sitting near him. Periodically I look up to check if she is ok and I see DH smiling, and Mom laughing and it was the most precious thing for me. And everytime I would look up to check on her, that is what I would see. Oh it did my heart good. Thank you Lord. When I was done mowing I sat down and we all just watched the birds for a while and the dogs play, and the deer. Was a lovely evening. Much of a blessing.
Now that I am all cleaned up and Mom is in bed, I am about ready to retire. Hoping tomorrow I will be much better.
“Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.” 
James 1:3
(5)

Smeshque, what a sweet picture you presented of you and your husband and your mom.It reminded me of when I was young and my mom would work in the garden and I would look out the window and see our cat following her around.
Such a nice memory.

Take care of your cold.
(5)

Gershun, aren't they lovely thoughts we get to keep in our memory boxes?💞💞💞
(2)

Thankful for the rain, I didn't have to water the gardens today. God did it for me.

“Thou art my God, and I will praise thee: thou art my God, I will exalt thee.” 
Psalms 118:28
(5)

Lots of blessings today: seeing my dad peacefully dozing this morning during his bed bath, a nice walk downtown doing errands, a lovely dinner with Easter cake leftovers for dessert. Thanks, Lord!
(5)

Hubs got bit by a mosquito carrying Dengue and was infected. The virus is common in this region. (The government sprays the neighborhoods). The symptoms are high fevers (he went to 101.3), headache, pain in the eyes and body aches. We went to ER at the local hospital. (It was Friday of Easter week, that means everything but the hospital was closed). Great doc, she pinpointed his diagnosis before the blood work came back. He also had a urinary tract infection. Luckily he took an antiviral, acetaminophen and antibiotics for the UTI and he’s back to normal now. I’m so grateful that the Good Lord heard and answered my prayers.

(P.S. Dengue can be fatal, so you know how grateful I am!)
(8)

SueC, how scary! I'm glad your hubby is okay.
(4)

Sue- glad also that DH is ok.

We are finally all getting over the colds. Hallelujah!

“Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.” 
Psalms 119:11
(0)

I'm very grateful because my 22 year old great-niece was diagnosed with sepsis (from a respiratory infection that would not go away) this weekend. Fortunately, they caught it quickly, and with antibiotics and lots of IV fluids she seems to be okay.

I'm also thankful for Pizza Hut Delivery.
(6)

"The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures. He leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul. He leadeth me in the path of righteousness for His name's sake (Psalm 23:1-3)."

These verses just spoke to me this evening. These past few months (years really, but the past few months especially) have been really hectic. I posted an update on another thread. Hubs and I just had a little one born early, at 32 weeks, on April 16th, and we are over the moon, but at the same time, since she is still in the NICU, we've been running back and forth to the hospital and we are counting the days and weeks until she can come home. Not to mention mom's estate stuff, our other kids, business related stuff, etc. I am thankful baby is doing well, she just needs to grow some and be able to take all of her feedings by mouth before she will be ready to come home.

These verses remind me that the Lord is my provider, of rest, restoration, energy, life. When I think I have to try to manage it all, I don't. I sometimes forget that His strength and His wisdom are available and always there for the asking. It's amazing how He brings to mind the words from His word that speak the most to any given situation. It's like He was saying tonight, "Just rest in Me, trust Me, and let me restore you and revitalize you."
(2)

Frazzled, I Know you have been through so much, for a while now. God is your strength and I am glad you know that.
So happy for you. Congrats on the new baby. Will be praying baby frazzled can go home soon. What a blessing. Enjoy that new baby, baby will be blessed to have you as Mom.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter