I came across this article about family-funded reverse mortgages, also known as caregiver loans.

I'm thinking that some might find this a useful way to keep parents at home if there are uber-solvent family members and lots of equity in a property.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
My Mother & Aunt desired to remain in their homes as they aged. My husband & researched how to make this possible. We spoke to my Mother & Aunt about obtaining a Home Equity Line of Credit(HELOC) & they were able to pay for caregiver expenses using the HELOC. Also, they saved themselves the cost of the exorbitant fees charged by the reverse mortgage companies.

Barb, very interesting. Thanks so much for sharing it!

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter