Follow

I have posted before about Dad being a hoarder.

Today the first of many dump trucks loads left the property.

1/2 the load came out of a small travel trailer that was full to the gunnels and had rats and mice living in it.

My son has a friend who is a contractor. Justin offered us the use of his dump truck, for the cost of fuel, ferry fees and dumping charge. We are looking forward to many more trips.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Fantastic! Great news!!!
(0)

wow--I am jealous. I tried to help a 'friend' to declutter and de-junk and from a 3000sf home, we got less than 10 black trash bags full. (sigh)

She COULD have used about 5 of those huge dumpsters.

People who hoard are clueless to the amt of stuff they have, b/c it's a part of who they are. Even if they haven't seen something in 50 years, it's still crucial. SMH.

Good for you, tho!!
(1)

Glad,

Justin figured it will cost us between $300-350 per load. The variable is the dumping fee.

There will be up to 5 loads of old plastic buckets and 1L oil containers. We might be able to take these loads to recycling.

I expect we will have 10 or more loads.

I will be asking Justin to pick up a load of road base one of his trips. We need to replace a culvert and fill in dips in the driveway.
(2)

Yippee! Ferry fees. Curious what that runs for a dump truck.
(0)

Yay! Glad you’re getting help with this. 😊
(0)

Wow, that's wonderful news!!! Here's to more dump truck loads leaving dad's property in the future!
(1)

Good job, Tothill!!
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter