Follow
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
THAT TRUE S.S. BUT SOME PLACES ARENT' SO LUCKY YOU HAVE LACK OF CARE WHERE THEY DO NOT CARE AS MUCH ANYMORE I DIDN'T PUT MY DAD IN A NURSING HOME I HAVE SEEN IT ALL IN THE 22 YRS I HAVE BEEN A NURSES AIDE AND BOY!!! NOW THEY ARE ONLY IN THERE FOR THE MONEY THAT WHY I GOT OUT OF THE NURSING HOMES BECAUSE THE CARE IS NOT COMPASSION ENOUGH FOR ME LIKE IT WAS BACK THEN .SO BE THANKFUL THAT YOU HAVE A NURSING HOME THAT YOUR DAD IS BEING GREATLY CARE FOR. I DO PRIVATE DUTY NOW I HAVEN'T WORK IN A NURSING HOME IN TWO YRS
(0)

We have two dads in the nursing home. It is sad to go there; not because they aren't well cared-for, but because we watch them lose ground, and those around them. But we try to spread love and smiles to the pitiful strugglers there. We're thankful for a safe place for our loved ones, and the ones whom no one loves. Thank God for compassion on the suffering souls.
(1)

Well you guys i have read all of your comments and i know how you feel i see it in the nursing homes and its very hard to see your love ones like this, but i look at it like this "Am i going to end up like this? Will there be someone watching over me? Lord i hope so to try and get me to understand this isn't the way to do things so next time you see this happens undersdtand (in which i know you do) they do not know what they are doing sometimes and yes its disgusting i know but if you want to see disgusting go to a nursing home and look into the alz center you want to see some disgusting.. try walking into a room and into their bathrooms and look at the wall its decorated and its not pictures(if you get my drift) so be thankful that its not that i was glad my dad did not experience that he got upset when he urinatied on his self its hard to see it
(0)

I like your positive outlook, Bobbie! Attitude makes a difference :) Cipro? Is that a med?

We are just taking a day trip. Like a breath of fresh air in the midst of duty and drudgery. Time for our thoughts to unwind from the ruts, and a little refreshing. I'm hoping the fresh air will help our spirits relax, so when we come to Monday, we're ready to tackle the next project.
(0)

I would imagine the usual way ss... not cleaning the 'area' properly.

Under my watch, mom's wuss got washed every day because that's just part of the job. the entire time I was in charge of keeping her clean she never once had a UTI.

Well, here comes the Cipro and that knocks her out. There's a reason I wasn't supposed to go to nj. I'll be able to be with her and make sure she gets enough water and a cranberry supplement.

SS, sounds like a great time ahead for you guys. have a blast.
Have a good Easter everybody and I know we'll be checking in with each other.

lovbob
(0)

You guys make me laugh....SS, I used to live in Harrisville, I am sure you know where that is. We lived on Lake Huron for awhile, right by the lighthouse...very small world. Then I lived in Florida for 24 yrs, now I live on Hell, Ohio...hahahahaha.
Enjoy Mackinaw, we went there quite often. I forgot all about my fuzzy leg until now, tooooo funny..I love that. Anyway, remember how I was concerned about sending MIL to the sons home (5 miles away), well the other son called him & said he is forbidden to pick his mother up at all....I told David (husband) that I am not getting into this with his brothers. She is not quite incompetent (spelling sorry), so I said the decision should be hers...this is going to be an interesting weekend. Praise God, for the Cross, the empty Tomb & his celebration of life for us on his Season - Easter. love you girls, Mxo Happy Easter.
(0)

Bobbie, hope your mom is feeling better real soon! How'd they let her get a UTI?
(0)

One fuzzy leg. I love that. And Amy, you don't need any money to travel with this crazy crew. Bobbie might need some for that next plane ticket. Do we really want to get on a boat with her? LOL

I should be doing paperwork, but tomorrow, I'm going to kidnap my sweet guys, grab sunglasses and a kite, and go up and across the Mackinaw Bridge and drive along Lake Michigan on a beautiful Spring day, Lord willing. My two d's don't know my plans yet, but are taking me out to eat at "Best View on 2" for my birthday. :) I'm excited. Or, I could just stay home and do same ole, same ole...

Naw! I'm going to the beach I've been dreaming of all winter. And I plan to enjoy the day.

I also bought some of those plastic eggs, and my nine year old is going to have fun looking all over the yard for his goodies sometime this weekend. We'll fill em with candy, and maybe a $1 or quarter, etc. I don't like bunnies and eggs, but might as well let him enjoy being a kid. We may even have a fun watching him be happy, and share the candy. Been stressed too long. I'm breaking free! (If only for a couple days.)

Hope you all have a wonderful Easter celebration, if I don't chat with you. Remember the reason for the season. (No, it's not chocolate.) It's about the cross, sins forgiven, and the empty tomb. Love you all, and God bless you!
(0)

Oh it's ok, it's just the way it is. It's really ok, because I can't do anything about it now.

they will send my luggage back from Philly and call me when it gets to lax. suitcase full of dirty laundry so hopefully the TSA checked it out. because I have the w/d in nj and so thought, well, I'll just do a load when I get in... so now I'm out of socks and pj bottoms and t shirts.

I can't go tomorrow because of Easter and the tickets are 450, so now I'm going to make a nice Easter Basket for mom and I'm going to go back later in April.

It was all kind of funny actually. any one of the incidents could have saved the flight but that's not how it happened so I guess I'll just enjoy LA and Easter weekend.

I've already rearranged everything and so all is ok.

How are you miz Demi and SS and Monica with the one fuzzy leg.

love you guys,
lovbob
(0)

Oh my goodness, bobbie. That's horrible!! Are you going tomorrow?? How will you get your luggage?? You poor thing!! Life is hard enough without that kinda stuff happenin'.
(0)

Things just stacked up. I was all packed and ready to go and then:

1. I don't hear my alarm.
2. Nik hears his alarm, sees me still sleeping, figures I must know something and goes back to sleep.
3. I wake up half hour late and like an idiot, sit there and blink and Nik makes me a carrot juice.
4. Leave house 38 minutes late.
5. Traffic
6. TSA Security Line. Dude had a broken doohicky and kept putzing with it as in, (looking at another TSA dude) 'can you get me some more tape for this?' and then my license held special interest because that's the way it is...
7. Can't run like I used to. Of course the gate is at the end of the concourse and I'm running like it matters and then I think, wow, how about a stroke while you're trying to get to NJ. that would be ironic, so I slow down right when i'm coming up on the gate and I see the lady come out of the jetway and the door is still open but slowly closing and I holler, I'm here, I'm here but the lady is not interested and tells me that it's too late, the airplane door is just now being closed. I said it's a phone call...please call them, my suitcase is already on this plane, please, c'mon I'm good and can be sitting in 45 seconds, c'mon.
8. No go. Lady actually enjoys telling me no. Quite the smirk.
9. I sit by the window and watch the plane for 5 minutes (no lie) before they push back.
10. I figure: so what? can't do a thing about it so there you go.
11. Nik comes and picks me up and we go home.
12. Watch movie and fall asleep in chair.
13. Lady calls from mom's place and mom has a UTI.

Teach me to try and fly on Good Friday. April Fool.

how's everybody else?

lovbob
(0)

Where yall are??!!!
(0)

Bobbie, What happened? SS, when are you going on your trip?
(0)

O, Bobbie. Sorry to hear it. How did that happen? Now what?
(0)

I missed the #$%&% plane.
(0)

I need all the encouragement I can get. I actually have my toenails painted & 1 leg shaved, I will do the other one later. This is so crazy how we live....Mxo
(0)

Just trying to encourage!
(0)

You two are toooo funny!!!!! I need you both. Mxo
(0)

love you too, Bobbie!
(0)

ontheboatontheboatontheboatontheboatontheboat

love ya SS
(0)

Pammy!!!!!!
(0)

I'll vouch for that vinegar to eliviate odors, it works really well. And it also gets rid of ants. In summer at the start I start spraying with a mixture of vinegar and water, it works wonders.

Hello everyone.
(0)

Maxine, thanks for the cleaning tip!
(0)

Bobbie, forget calling the cops on yourself. Just get on the boat!
(0)

maxine, you're a genius
(0)

vinegar works good 1 part vinegar to 3 parts water it kills germs and smells ok and also kills ants and 1/2 solution kills mold and the dollar store has pretty bags for dirty clothes bright colors. Hope you new and old friends are having nice spring weather-you keep me laughing.
(1)

Oh Yes!

One time I left my girlfriend with mom while I ran an errand and the dinger on the dryer went off, (my 3rd load of the day) and my girlfriend got the clothes out and began to fold them and mom showed up and helped her! and did a good job!

I had at that time, folded clothes in front of her for at least 2 years and nothing.

it's great that your granma is going to the center as much as possible. i could never get my mom to go but the center where we used to live was disgusting and even mom was grossed out.

i think that tour loved ones just begin to see us as a factor in their lives that's there to help and bust their chops and they just tune us out after awhile and that's why they are more engaged in others. Which is great because if we can get them to be more engaged with others we'll live longer!! Good for everybody.

When i would give mom a bath, she would sit and drool on me and act catatonic. Now she has a great caregiver at the place and she's engaged with her own care and her own life in a manner that she wasn't before because i had provided all of those things and she didn't have to *think* around me.

She knows that she can come out of there in a few months but I need to heal after doing this for 5.5 years and almost killing myself in the process. just plum wore out.

So yes, in my experience, dementia is highly selective andcan drive you batty because their behavior and feel directed at us and so personal.

As for the demented, their experiences are horrific. they have a thought and a nanosecond later it's gone. they want so desperately to communicate but can't. they know something is wrong but is many cases don't understand the disease they are living with. sux.

As for the vacation aspect of your post, I have thought about calling the cops on myself late Friday night and by the time they figured out i didn't do anything I could at least gotten in a few hours of sleep and hopefully remain incarcerated until Monday morning. I heard that they actually bring you meals in jail.

lovbob
(0)

I'm in. You doin' one way tickets or round trip? Oh darn.....I think I might only have enough money for one way. Yeah, I'm still in!
(0)

Up up and away in my beautiful balloon! Anyone want to join me?
(0)

Good Tunes Bobbie. I'd buy em. And as far as "There coming to take me away.........", I keep waiting but no one's showed up yet. Some days I think that a tight white jacket and padded cell is the much needed vacation that I've been looking for. ;)

Do any of you notice that you're "elders" are more well behaved for others than they are for you at home? Granda is, as we say at our house, "nutty as squirrel turds" at home for us but when I drop her off at the senior center, they have no trouble with her. Does dementia work like that?

Amy
(0)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter