Follow
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
"People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."

This was sent to me so I desided to share it with all who may need reminding....Not to those who are still trying to find their way.....Okay?
Sharon
To: YOU
Date: TODAY
Subject: YOURSELF
Reference: LIFE

Now, you have a nice day.

God

God has seen you struggling, God says it's over.
A blessing is coming your way. If you believe in God, please send to ten people (including me ) please don't ignore this.
You are being tested.

Life is short. Break the rules. Forgive quickly.
Kiss slowly. Love truly. Laugh uncontrollably,

and never regret anything that made you smile.
(1)

Try inter twining them after you do just one color....Then take the other one and with the needle....Go thru the stitches inter twining them in and out.....Try that. See if that would work...Then you could make your own patteren.....See what I mean? You could make names, colleges, etc..See? Then as you are doing it....Make sure you loop it so you can tie it off...Try that. Would be a lot easier and a lot more origianle to me...Gl...Sounds like you have yourself a mess....Hugs to u....Sharon...
Just wish I had some thread to distract me from all this bs...Hugs to you all that have made me stop and think...Believe it or not ..Ventitng is a big part of me....I had a therapist one time tell a friend...." you have got to get her to talk....Vent, yell, throw things what ever it takes or I will be meeting her at the hospital......The lady hung up the phone and said...VENT. NOW!!!!!!!!! I turned and looked at her and said..Right..She said Sharon I mean now...that is what he said..Now do it...All I could do them was sit and laugh at her....She was so serious......Sharon
(0)

GP, I have tried separating them and believe it or not...they still get wrapped around each other. Maybe it's me. ;)
(0)

miz, can you put the balls of yarn into 2 separate baskets or containers? Just a thought...
(0)

Sharon ~ I just posted a comment on yur wall re havingg the fire dept. come in & do a saftey inspection. I should have posted it here for everyone's benefit.

Safety should be a national concern, such as the ADA (American's Disability Act) requiring access & signage for all people. Basic safety.

If the fire dept. doesn't help, they should .... you might contact the press. The Seattle News Stations have consumer & human interest reporters who have helped hundreds of people in need.

It's shocking how many people are in simialr situations! When things become public ~ All kinds of things can happen!
Good Samaritans emerge, groups step up to help, politicians suddenly need humanitarian causes ...

Sometimes all it takes is for a few people to know.

Stay with us!

Mary AKA Rip, Sir & Pets
(1)

Sharon, I am SO sorry that you are having to go through this! I am thankful that your daughter woke up & got you up! I think that the other ladies have given you some good advice! Please feel free to yell & vent here! We will listen & try to encourage you! I like jojo's advice to take a deep breath, think of something good, exhale & start over!

HEY, can you install a half door that locks going into the kitchen??
(0)

Sharon you sound so depressed we all are going through the same thing here I just heard from my sister who was supposed to have mom for the weekend and until Monday but she cant handle mom so I am getting her today Vent if you eant to thats what we are here for but dont give up on yourself Go get oven covers to protect your family and yourself. We are all in this together take a deep breath breath think of sometime good and exhale and start over hugs to you
(0)

I want to while I have the chance to thank all of you for your suggestions...In case I do not make it? I want all of you to know it has been a pleasure knowing all of you. Please for me Try to be more tollerable of others. I have been for over 9 months and 16 months prior to that......So Be good.....Love one another and be there for each other....Hugs.....Sharon...And remember it is never cool to be angry with someone and think it is funny.....NEVER. Even the dull and ignorante they too have their story.....So no matter what we think? They are human too. They need someone just as the rest of us do......Avoid loud and agressieve persons for they are vecatious to the spirit....Keep peace with in your spirit......THen you will find the love you are seeking . Never freign affection,,,, that is selfish......Take care my dear ones...Should she win?
I tried......Hugs...Sharon
(0)

I want to thank all of you for your concern. I am giving up. I have begged for help..sc does not care about the caregivers just the damn ppl that want to kill you........ They do not care. THEY SERIOUSLY ONLY CARE ABOUT THE AGEING PARENT TO HELL WITH YOU....THEY DO NOT CARE....YOU CAN DIE AS LONG AS THE OLDER PERSON IS OKAY? OKAY YOU DIED WHO CARES THO IT WAS AT THE HANDS OF THE PERSON YOU ARE CARING FOR.........SO BE IT. THEY WILL WAKE UP ONE DAY WHEN ENOUGH OF US DIE...SHE CAN CLAW HERSELF...WHOSE FAULT IS IT? MINE....SHE FALLS ON PURPOSE WHOSE FAULT IS IT? MINE...........I AM AT FAULT NO MATTER WHAT....
I do not matter to the state....Hugs to all in case.....Sharon
(0)

Thanks guys for caring....Alzheimers assoc. told me to call the police..I cant do that...Another said...call an ambulance...For what? we are all okay. I worked ed...I know. what they are going to think..............God help me is all I know to say.........Hugs to each of you....Sharon
(1)

CC in my state they are adding a smell to the gas so it will smell like rotten eggs if it is leaking some actor or somebody like died in someone guest home a while ago so that probably is mainly and the fact others have died they are doing that-also gas and electric stoves can be converted to turn off if left on too long it is not cheap about 500 dollars for one and 300-600 dollars for the other I do not remember which is more expensive but locking the knobs is a good idea.
(0)

Nightmare!
You might check with the local fire dept. They often have good resources
(0)

Great idea, jojo!!
(0)

CC,

THEY SELL OVEN KNOB COVERS THEY ARE USED FOR CHILDREN SO THEY DONT TURN THE KNOBS, CHECK TOYS RUS OR LOOK ONLINE I WILL ASK MY DAUGHTER IN LAW WHERE SHE GOT THEM SINCE WE USED THEM HERE WHEN SHE WAS LIVING WITH ME
(0)

I knit with two skeins of yarn at the same time. Any ideas on keeping the two yarns from twisting together? I have to stop pretty often and untwist the yarn from around itself...it that makes sense.
(0)

Sharon, can you remove the knobs on the stove? Can you lock her out of the kitchen? That's really really scary. Thank God you're all alright!!
(1)

Help!!!!!!!!!! My mother will not leave the gas stove alone.....Almost killed my dog, my daughter woke me it had already gotten to me, to put something under the door, I had a hard time waking up. Please advise. It woke my daughter up....Please please advise......Thanks sharon
(0)

Thanks Rip! :)
(0)

So are you Awesome, Miz!
Be well ....

~ Rip
(0)

Thank you, deef and GP. I hate being sick, of course. And, I feel guilty just lying down when there is so much to do. There's a Cubs game on at 1:20 and so I will watch that with Mom. Hopefully hubby will fix her lunch. I'll check in later. You ladies are awesome!!

love,
miz
(0)

miz, glad that you clarified that it was you! It's hard to keep up with who said what & when! lol I need to start taking notes! : ) The cookies are definately worth a try! Wouldn't be good to take for a covered dish type thing, but not bad if you don't have the time or energy to bake homemade cookies, but still want that warm hugged feeling that a cookie with melting chocolate chips brings! HHhuuummm...May have to go break open the new bag! lol Oooo & cold milk!!! YUM!
I'm so sorry that you're not feeling well! Glad that you're going to get some rest & hopefully you'll feel better soon!

deef, I'm still trying to remember what we sealed them with...Modge Podge? Glue/water mixture? Maybe worth a trip to Hobby Lobby! I haven't made any of the beads in years, but this has kinda got me in the mood to make some...
I told you I bet your daughter is talented! Apples don't fall far! I bet she is a good cook! I envy people who can cook & especially bake! That's such a tallent! Hey, you saw my recipe for "baked chocolate chip cookies" above! LOL My favorite is still the cooked fudge chocolate icing! The kind that breaks when you cut it. I still use my grandmother's recipe.
Yes, Mother is still very spry for 85! VERY opinionated & negative, though! She's the one that we'll have to go live with if we lose our home! Not good! I love her, but definately NOT GOOD! Gotta keep the house!!!

Take it easy!
(0)

Georgia, Paper beads are all the rage again. Jewelry making is going strong for about 5 years now, and the paper beads are making a comeback. I'm sure you could find a new product to seal them with at your local craft store.
I don't have any quilling now. I did that about 30 years ago. It's great that your mom can still do those things. Yes my daughter is talented also, but her favorite thing to do is cook. She makes gourmet meals and bakes to die for! She is a baker in the local grocery store, but loves to try all kinds of recipes at home.
Got to love those dollar stores! What would us out of work people do without them!
Miz, So sorry you don't feel well. Crossing my fingers that Mom will behave for you so you can get better before the work week.
(0)

GP, that was me about Dollar General. I will have to check out those cookies. Thanks for the suggestion!!

Now I know why I felt like crap last night. I'm coming down with a cold. Ugggh!! I had a swollen gland in the left side of my neck last week and I guess it lead to this. I'm gonna go get Mom's depends changed and get her dressed and probably lay down. Thank God it's not a work day. I don't get sick pay and I'd hate to call in sick having only been there a month.

I'll check back later. Wishing you all a good day!! Bobbie & Tennessee, how is your visit going?

love,
miz
(0)

Good morning ladies!

Husband over did it yesterday so no church this morning. It's almost 10:00 & he's still in bed. Had a feeling yesterday that would be the case, but I'm glad that he got to go have some guy time with his friend!

deef, I haven't done quilling, like what you're talking about to decorate invitations, etc., but I have, years ago...probably in the 70's...done the craft to make beads, where you cut strips of a magazine & roll them up & shelac them & then string them to make a necklace or a bracelet. My Mother has started doing that again, recently, to make Christmas gifts for her sisters. Is that the same type thing? Hhummm...trying to remember what we used to shelac them to seal them& make them shiny...don't remember. WIll have to ask Mother. She'll be 85 next month & is still fiesty. Still lives by herself & drives. VERY opionated!!!!! Back on track...I'd love to see some of the flowers that you "quilled"! And I'd love to see some of the watercolor paintings that you've done! Is your daughter as talented as you are? I bet she is!

Rossella, glad that the young man will get to visit & think it's smart for him to be with kids his own age, too. Glad that your additional help will be there soon. Glad that the peeing puppy has gone home. More glad that your brother will give you some time for yourself! Enjoy yourself!

jojo, I'm glad that you & your family got to go to Italy! I know that a lot of wonderful memories were made!

Back tracking a bit...Someone mentioned that besides the Dollar Tree, they also like the Dollar General store. Both are great, but I wanted to share with you about the chocolate chip cookies that they have at the Dollar General. They are the softer ones that are made by Clover Valler, the Dollar General brand. They used to be in a brownish/burgandy package, but the last ones that I bought were in a white package. Anyway, they are really good to microwave for about 10 seconds. Makes them the next best thing to hot out of the oven homemade. Not quite as good, but not bad!

Hope everybody has a great & easy Sunday!
(0)

So glad to hear you will be getting a break I am sure your friends son is going to love it especially all the girls that he is going to attract he will never forget this time and you are correct he needs to be with people his own age so he can enjoy himself. i am going to watch some tv now good night pleasant dreams
(0)

Jojo, I know the Hilton you are telling about. It's a very good hotel! Close to a golf course, If I am not wrong. I hope you come back to Italy soon. Try to find the time! The weather here is just fine, the best period of the year. Warm, not too hot, the colours are wonderful, the sky is clear, of a deep blue. True joy of living.
I shall post on Facebook some photos my nephew has made. He is a better photographer than me!

My friend Nancy' s son is 24 years old, so I do not want him to stay here in my home. He has to enjoy himself and this is not the best place for a young man. He is going to stay for a few days at my cousin's in Rome, then hopefully for some days at my brother's (I am trying to convince my nephews so as I don't have to ask my brother directly) and then I think he should share an apartment with other students, people his age. He is very excited but he is also a little bit scared, so he is very happy to cling to me in the first period. It will be a good excuse to go to Rome more often! My other helper comes back next wednesday, so we'll be back to normal!
(0)

Rosella I am happy that you will be getting some much needed rest if even for 2 4 hours make the best of it. Leave your brother therre and go out by yourseld or with a friend, If you stay home it is not rest since you will still be doing everything for her as I do with my brother
(0)

Hi Georgia thanks. Daniela came today and she picked up her two chickens and two geese that she had left with me while she was in Romania, (less eggs for me, less work for me) and her dog, whom I dearly love, but as she peed every night on the couch, I am glad that the dog has gone, too. When the dog (Lilli) saw Daniela she was very very happy, of course. But after 5 minutes she jumped in my car because she wanted to take a walk with me and my dogs, as usual! Daniela started to laugh and she said; why do not you bring my daughter with you, too? So I took her 5 years old child + 5 dogs in my tiny car and we went to the river, where the child splashed me with water and she got very dirty! That was my day, today. Tomorrow my brother is coming so I will have 2-3 hours of freedom. We live day by day!
(1)

Rosella s your friends son coming to live with you or just in rome It is so beautiful there when we came to Italy three years ago we stayed at the Hilton Cavilere it was so beautiful like I said my sister is very wealthy and she only stays at 5 star hotels she paid for all the rooms and all we paid for was the food we had such a good time. then we went to florence and then to venice and then back to my home town of torre Del Greco, Napoli we stayed in a hotel on Mount Vesuvius and our mom stayed in her home which she sold to my aunt. We will probable go back when my mom dies since we still have aunts and uncles there and loads of cousins to say a special mass like we did for my dad when he died five years ago but I dont want to think about that now just want to think about the beautiful sites and the wonderful scenery it is the most beautiful place. We stayed in Tuscany in a vineyard it was heaven wish we could go back if mom was better since she went every year when dad was alive and up until last year she really went downhill in a year and even further this past month we spoke to our aunt and uncle and told the they need to come here and visit while she still has some memory of then I dont know if they will maybe one day we will meet even though it would be under bittersweet circumstances but life goes on enjoy the beautiful countryside it looks like a little bit of heaven where you are post more pictures on facebbok for me to see
(0)

I use regular water colors, but my daughter likes to work with the pencils. Quilling is the art pf paper rolling. You roll thin strips of paper on a tool and make shapes to glue together into forms such as flowers, that can be used to decorate wedding invites,Etc. became popular in the mid 70's.
(0)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter