Follow

Had a great visit with a cousin.
Loved her Mom, wise and religious woman.
My cousin told me her mother said, God hears our prayers.....sometimes the answer is no.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
A wise woman indeed. God hears all of our prayers, and He answers them with either a yes, no or not yet. And sometimes it takes us years to be able to understand why He answered our prayers as He did, but we must trust that He always has our best interests in mind.
(0)

I always loved John Waters speaking on a film that followed 6 people as they prayed. That was all the film was. 6 people praying. Several hours of it. I think it was called "Jesus, you Know". Mr. Waters, who is definitely an oddball said that it made him wonder about God that he could listen to this stuff endlessly and from more than six, to be certain. And certainly from more than six. I would love to find that film and you remind me to look for it.
Annie Dillard has one of my favorite quotes: "We live as if there hadn't been a hundred thousand generations here befoe us, and another one hundred thousand were not still to come." Imagine that, and all of them praying for answers. Daunting to think about.
Arimethea, always good to see you out here; I enjoyed our private messages! You are one of the real practioners of your faith, imho, with room to love all.
(1)

Amen! It is a complete sentence, No.
(0)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter