Follow

Life is hard to go through at times but, if we as caregivers learn to let go and let God. Life will be much easier for us to give care and love to our love ones. I have been through many uneasy and hard days with my inlaws as a caregiver but, I have learn to say whatever and let God lead the way and caregiving has been easy. Let go and let God is the only thing we can do....Blessings to all caregiver and their family.....Amen

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
" I have been through many uneasy and hard days with my inlaws as a caregiver but, I have learn to say whatever and let God lead the way and caregiving has been easy."

? This isn't what happened to you. You complained bitterly about having to take care of your ILs, and you just put your foot down and made you SIL take your MIL.

Sounds like a case of do as I say not as I do.
(2)

I do not come to AC for religious posts. There are atheists and agnostics in addition to many people of different faiths.
(5)

I too live by that motto of letting go and letting God, but as a former caregiver of over 24 years for my husband, I cannot say that it was ever easy. Were there times that were easier than others? Of course. But what most caregivers discover over time,(myself included)is that it is by far the hardest job they ever had or will ever do.
And that's the Gods honest truth. And while I couldn't have done it without Him by my side, I think we do others a great disservice by telling them that if they would just let go and let God that their caregiving journey will be easy, because it won't.
(3)

Caregiving is never 'easy' under any circumstances, and it's important to recognize and acknowledge that fact. Let nobody minimize our efforts, ever, especially those who's caregiving days are behind them. Now that my parents have passed, it's much easier for me to say 'oh my caregiving days were easy peasy lemon squeezy. All I had to do was 'let go and let God'. But the truth was something entirely different. Praying helps, and I pray daily. But praying did not make my caregiving any easier, Amen.

This is also a duplicate post of the one kenobuddy put up the other day:

https://www.agingcare.com/discussions/when-we-get-old-477076.htm?orderby=recent&page=1�

I will agree with you and say, Blessings to all caregivers and their families. And BRAVO to all of you for your HARD WORK and amazing efforts.
(2)

That sounds rather condescending. But if you’ve found a way to absolve yourself of personal responsibility such that you are enjoying caregiving, good for you.
(4)

Thank you for the prayer and the blessing!

Since this is not a Question, I'm going to request that the admins relocate it to the Discussion section.
(0)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter