Follow

I'm 86-yrs-old. I've been able to take care of myself. Now I am starting to think about when I will need help. Currently, I need rides to buy groceries, to Dr apts, testing, etc. I need information about how to proceed to get transportation. Please advise. Thank you.

Irisheye, welcome!

Contact your Department of Transportation, they will send you an application for the paratransit services and then you can schedule rides once you are approved.

I would also recommend contacting your counties council on aging, they have lists of services available that they are happy to send you.

In my city, with this approval you can buy taxi vouchers at a large discount for rides, on top of the shuttle they have for transport.

Best of luck and well done for planning!
(1)

You can call social services for your county to see if they have a transport service for seniors; you can contact a local Senior Center or your local Area Agency on Aging for resources. You can contact area churches to see if they have volunteers for rides.

Or, you can check out Care.com to see if you can get a companion aid to take you errands once a week.
(1)

I'm so glad your asking this, it's very refreshing to have someone here that's planning and doing for themselves.

There are lots of ways, I'm also wondering if your rural or in a city. That might be easier of answer.

Sorry, I was just going to ask you if you know how to use a computer, but then realized, duh you must if your here.

Just first pops into my head is insta cart and Uber, do you belong to a church?
(0)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter