Follow

Looks like my long, convoluted mess of a post got pulled yesterday. So be it. But nice touching base with all of you again. :)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Nice to see you again, Dorker. So weird they pulled your thread.
(1)

Hi Barb:

Absolutely I realize mom can ask, she can ask me to turn cartwheels in the parking lot of the facility. Doesn't mean I have to agree to do it.

I don't ask that she "not" continue going to see brother in jail. I respect the fact her relationship as mom, very different than mine as sister.

The daughter that was shoplifting is doing marvelous now. Strange how the truth finally surfaces & it did with the above. After she had the twins, suffered some post Postpartum Depression.. she was rx'd some anti-depressants. I don't know what drug specifically or what dose. But seems she found out if you take more than the rx'd dose, this wonderful euphoria of mania thing happens, you need very little sleep, can conquer mountains .. Great solution for mom of a toddler and baby twins (said no one ever).

That's when she went completely over the top, exercising hours every day, taking selfies of all her efforts, improvements in physique, dressing up & selfies.. all day/every day .. and ...I guess decided stores don't mind if you pocket their merchandise as you self check-out, til she got caught.

There's been no more of that thankfully.

Boundaries, I don't know a lot in this life but am a star student at the school of hard knocks, learning to set boundaries. More than happy to help those struggling on that topic.
(5)

Dorker, with regards to your mom--she is allowed to ask you to be understanding of your brother and YOU are allowed to say "no way, no how, Mom".

Pretty much where things stand with my poor friend.

Are things okay with your other daughter with regards to her marriage, the shoplifting thing, etc.?

Good to have you back. Your expertise as someone who learned how to set boundaries while not destroying family relationships could certainly be useful here!
(3)

HI Polar:

Wedding was splendid. Was in October 2021. Lot of life since then. Namely, that daughter, now expecting a baby boy around Christmas.

And, no kidding .. who knows why the original post was pulled. No warning, I've emailed to ask, no response.

Oh well...

Good to touch base with you great folks again.
(4)

Dorker - suggestion: next time word the title of your thread with "Aging mother wants me to..." That will have a better chance of not being pulled.

I'm sorry AC pulled it. That was very wrong. Probably some constipated poster reported it.

How was the wedding?
(5)

Greetings! 🤗
(2)

Welcome back! I have missed your posts
(3)

Hey Barb: the young man that was injured is doing astoundingly well. Yes, youngest brother's tragedy.

He drives (modifications to his vehicle), works, participates in fishing tournaments from his own boat. There were/are many lawsuits regarding the matter & some have settled out of court, 1 remains pending.

Stepmom. I rarely talk to her. I think 2 or 3x's she has called me, to ask if I know where my dad is, tells me he was there earlier.. but hasn't come back home.

I tell her each time, "remember, he passed away", give her the month/year, a few of the details .. and it all comes back to her.

Its all very sad, she has in absolutely no way, moved on to make a new life.. pines away for him .. admits she talks to him like he's still there.

Last I knew, she still lives alone. I talked to her daughter 1 time, to inquire if she's concerned...her mom living alone. I was told she has hired a sitter that comes daily (I guess at night, she isn't a concern...insert crazy face emoji).

I left it alone. Not my circus....
(8)

Hey, Dorker. Great to "see" you. I emailed AC and told them pulling your new thread was a mistake.

How is the young man who was injured in the tree pruning incident? That was your younger brother's problem, right?

How is your step-mom?
(2)

I have no idea why it was pulled. Had little to do with aging issues .. maybe that was it. No, there was no warning. Not sure. Good to see you Midkid, hope all is well.
(3)

Dorker!! How are you? Wow, I have personally missed your stories!! I hope they repost it!!
(4)

I saw it briefly... why did they pull it off? Did they give you any warning or reason?
(3)

Happy to hear from you..even though it’s difficult circumstances
(2)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter