Follow

Medicaid Part B covered it to this point for one month. She is improving but has to get help into her wheelchair and back again. Now this month coverage will be over. She will have to pay room and board without PT or OT at all. The nursing home is garnishing her savings. The OT was paid by her Med Part A. I would like to take her home and have a part-time aid in for daytime only. She wears a diaper. Thank you all for your answers.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
This sounds like a duplication but can't click on "following" to find the previous one which did not have info either

I replied to that post that no one can garnish without a court order.

What we need to know is if Mom was in a Rehab facility? If so Medicare, if 65 or over, should be paying for her care 100% up to 20 days. 21st to 100, 50%. Therapy continues as long as a person progresses. If they hit a plateau, they are discharged to home.

So if Mom went passed 20 days she was required to pay out of pocket if her supplimental insurance does not pay. She must have reached her 100 days. Is she considered 24/7 care? Are they claiming "unsafe discharge". If so, then yes they will require her to stay and pay privately. Her savings will be diminished and then Medicaid will need to be applied for. Then her SS and any pension she receives will be used to offset the cost of her care.

If the NH is claiming "unsafe discharge" you will need to prove that you can supply the 24/7 care. Either you doing the caring or hiring aides to care for her. Her home will need to be safe for her to get around and the proper equipment provided. She also should not be a 2 person assist. Most aides will not handle a person who is a 2 person assist.

I hope this helps u understand what happens with Rehab. The age of ur mother would be nice.
(2)

What is the question?
(0)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter