Follow

My mom passed away on the evening of Tuesday January 25 after falling into a coma on Monday.

I didn't think I would cry but I did. I feel sad that she's gone, and I feel regretful for those times I was less than patient to her. I know in my heart that she would forgive me because she was a good mother. Good mothers always forgive. I will try to forgive myself, too. I hope I will be as good a mother to my children as she was to me and my brother.

She is now in heaven with the love of her life, her husband/my late father, and the young son she lost, and she is meeting up with her parents, her brothers and sisters that have gone before her.

I know she is healthy, young and beautiful again.

Until we meet again...

I probably will be off AC for awhile until time and distance can dampen the rawness of my feelings.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
So sorry for your loss. Losing a mom can be a special kind of pain and I wish you peace in the time ahead
(1)

cxmoody - thank you for your nice words. I am half way back, reading mostly and comment on a couple of posts about their losses because that's where my mind is right now.

Onlychild1962 - I am so sorry for your loss, too. Hugs and love to you.
(2)

I am so sorry - I am feeling the very same thing after losing my mom this week. God Bless you.
(1)

May God give you comfort, Polar Bear.

When you’re ready, do come back. You have lots of wisdom to share with those who come behind you.
(1)

polarbear- I just saw this. I'm sorry for your loss. I think many of us have that same feeling of regret when our loved one passes - maybe I could have done better. Maybe I could have been more patient, kinder. I still apologize in my mind to my mother for those times when I could have been nicer or more patient with her. But then I remember all the times I came to her aid, the things I did to enrich her life, and how much she treasured having me there in her last years to share the journey with her.

Try to forgive yourself. No matter how much you love your parent, it's a terribly stressful situation. None of us are saints. We all can only do our best. I know my mom knows I did my best for her and I can rest easy with that. Your pain will ease. Your job is over. Cherish the experience and move on, with your mom's blessings.
(2)

Cashew, thanks for your condolences.

Llama, thanks for the hugs and love. You are so kind.I
(1)

Polar: I am so very sorry to read this news that your mother has passed away. I send deepest condolences, hugs and love.💟
(2)

My Condolences.
(2)

Thank you all for your comforting words, thoughts and prayers. They mean a lot to me.

BurntCaregiver- thank you for your comment "No regrets for not having patience with her every second of every day. No can manage that and no one ever did."
It was a light bulb that turned on in my hazy mind. And it freed me from the guilt I was carrying. Thank you!
(5)

Deeply sorry for your loss. Seek God to comfort you during this time. ❤️🙏🏽
(2)

So sorry for the loss of your mom, PB.
(3)

So sorry to read this. My condolences on your loss.
(3)

Dear polarbear,

I am sorry for your loss. My deepest sympathies and condolences. Thinking of you during this sad time. (((hugs))) Please know we are with you.
(2)

Sorry for your loss, Polar. May your mom look down on you and share with you her new perfect understanding, and may it comfort you. (((((hugs)))))
(4)

Deepest condolences on your loss, PB,. I'm glad she went peacefully. Prayers for comfort for you and your family. Be kind to yourself.
(3)

My deepest condolences for your loss. May God bless and keep your mom.
No regrets for not having patience with her every second of every day. No can manage that and no one ever did.
I hope you find peace and are comforted in your grief.
(4)

My thoughts are with you!
(3)

I'm sorry, Polar. (((Hugs)))
(3)

I'm sorry for your loss...happy that she's got a new body in heaven! Peace and blessings to you and your family!
(3)

I'm sorry for your loss polarbear.
(3)

(((((Hugs))))))), Polar. Be at peace with your good memories.
(3)

Oh Polar, I'm so sorry for your loss. Wishing you all comfort x
(2)

Sending you love polar bear xxx
(2)

Cry. Cry until you feel better. Its okay. You'll be okay.
(2)

Sorry for the pain you are going through Polarbear.
I pray you can find comfort and peace, knowing you will see her again.
(2)

My sympathies to you. It's a weird losing your second parent.

Take your time, and be good to yourself.
(2)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter