Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
I understand that some people do have legitimate reasons to not get vaccinated polarbear 🤗
(3)

Thanjs c will is for recognizing that.
(2)

Prior known allergies to any of the ingredients in the vaccines are one reason some people cannot be vaccinated.

2[(polyethylene glycol (PEG))-2000]-N,
N-ditetradecylacetamidePEG2000-DMG: 1,
2-dimyristoyl-rac-glycerol,
methoxypolyethylene glycolPolysorbate-801,
2-distearoyl-sn-glycero-3-phosphocholine1,
2-distearoyl-sn-glycero-3-phosphocholine2-hydroxypropyl-β-cyclodextrin
CholesterolCholesterol
Citric acid monohydrate(4-hydroxybutyl)azanediyl)bis(hexane-6,
1-diyl)bis(2-hexyldecanoate)SM-102: heptadecan-9-yl 8-((2-hydroxyethyl) (6-oxo-6-(undecyloxy) hexyl) amino) octanoate
Trisodium citrate dihydrateSodium chlorideTromethamine
Sodium chloride
Monobasic potassium phosphate
Tromethamine hydrochloride
Ethanol
Potassium chloride
Acetic acid
Dibasic sodium phosphate dihydrate
Sodium acetate
Sucrose.

source CDC
(4)

I was at a party with extended family members this past Saturday. At least some of them said that they were not going to get the COVID vaccine and they are in the 65 and up age group.
(2)

Of course, if there is a legitimate reason not to get the vaccine, it is understandable, otherwise it’s difficult to understand why a person wouldn’t want to protect themselves.

My friend who is a nurse is an anti vaccine person. She has two children with autism and blames it on vaccines.

Still, everyone is entitled to their own beliefs even if they don’t have proof, or if science proves otherwise.
(1)

Well, true story here: My late cousin's son upon being given the triple DPT (Diphtheria, Pertussis, Tetanus) shot as an infant suffered one grand mal seizure. He is now a 36 year old disabled man. He was never the same after the grand mal. He is employed by Target.
(2)

Llama,

That’s sad. Sadly, incidents occur. There are always risks in life. I suppose that I look at the overall odds of something happening. If the benefits outweigh the risk, I am going to take the risk. I am for vaccines. Look at how devastating polio was. People in my family died due to polio. Others in my family were crippled. Thank God for the polio vaccine.
(1)

I feel it’s most important that I be vaccinated because people like Polar can’t be. I want to do my part to protect myself and any vulnerable person I might come in contact with.

My niece called me yesterday to let me know that her aunt and uncle were in the hospital (70s) with Covid. They have not had the vaccine. They did wear mask and mostly stayed in but their adult children and grands came in without masks or precautions. It’s one thing to not be able to have the vaccine. It’s another to pretend their isn’t a pandemic killing thousands, hundreds of thousands.
(9)

Need: Yes, it is very sad. My late cousin passed away at 66 years of age as she didn't take care of herself well at all - drug use and no real desire to get ahead in life at all. That said, she could have received some type of assistance for son, but she failed to pursue it.
Sorry to hear that people in your family suffered from polio. I only knew one lady, who was born in the 1930s, who had polio. I, too, am pro vaccine.
(2)

Llama,

I remember my grandparents and parents being thrilled when we received our polio vaccine. If I remember correctly, they gave it to us in a sugar cube.
(2)

Need: That's interesting about the sugar cube.
(1)

Llama,

What kid wouldn’t eat a sugar cube, right? I remember thinking that it was better than the measles vaccine which was a shot!
(2)

My Dad had polio and suffered through alot of surgeries growing up,so when the polio vaccine came out,my parents were thrilled.
That was one reason I got the covid vaccine,and also for my Uncle who asked me to and also because I have health problems like COPD.
My dH and I got the Pfhizer vaccine.i did alright mostly,but the second vaccine made my dH sick for 8 days.
(4)

My Uncle went to the ER once, and the doctor started an inquiry as to why his parents did not vaccinate him, didn't they care? blah blah blah....

He had polio before there were vaccines for polio!
(5)

Send,

What a crazy situation! I would be wondering if he was a qualified doctor not knowing the history of polio, your uncle’s age and when vaccines came out for the disease. Geeeeeez!
(3)

Send: Wow - that may have been against the emergency room physician's realm of responsibility, to say the least. I am surprised he was able to practice medicine since he didn't apparently know the history of polio!
(3)

DH and I had the first Astrozenica a week ago. No great dramas, a quiet day the next day, but a really good feeling about having had it done. The clinic was great, splitting under 50s into Pfizer and us oldies to Astrozenica. The nurses were great, and when we go back for the second shot in three months we will take all the staff a little box of sugar-free jubes to help them over the trials of having to repeat so much information so many times. It’s a stressful situation, and they need a little TLC themselves. All good!
(4)

Margaret: Good for you and your DH. That's great!
(0)

Margaret, hope you are OK after the AZ jab? DH and I have had our first and second AZ jabs, with about 10 weeks between the two. No side effects for either of us, each time. I had an antibody test about 6 weeks after my first jab, and it showed good levels of long term antibodies, which is reassuring to know.
(1)

Oh my gosh, I saw the commercial for the Tammy Faye movie today! LOL

Years ago, I watched them on television for laughs. I certainly didn’t watch Jim and Tammy Faye for spiritual reasons!, Nor was I foolish enough to give them any money. I saw through their prosperity preaching immediately!

I cracked up when Dana did has ‘church lady’ interview with Jim and Tammy on Saturday Night Live! Anyway, I have got to go see this movie to reminisce about their crazy antics. I admit that I was a ‘closet watcher’ of their program on PTL because it was so entertaining!

I knew that woman was on pills long before it came out publicly. No one in their right mind did interviews like she did! Geeeeez, she did one on penile implants and stuck a microphone in front of a man in the audience and proceeded to ask him very personal questions! It was hilarious seeing this interview on so called, “Christian television.”

Please don’t think that I am disrespecting anyone’s faith. I truly admire genuine faith but these ridiculous hypocrites deserve to be laughed at. It’s sad and humorous all at the same time.
(3)

Tomorrow, June 13, my husband and I are celebrating 40 years of marriage. We plan on dining at a fancy steakhouse (I don't consume red meat, but I love salmon.).
(6)

LL, 🌹Happy Anniversary!🌹

40 years, what a great accomplishment in this day and age.
(2)

Yay LL !! Hubs and I just had our 40th on 5/30,, I think we are a dying breed...
(4)

ITTR: Thank you so much! Our DD dropped a card and a gift off earlier.💖
(0)

Pam: Congratulations to you and your DH! 1981 was quite the year.❤
(1)

Llama and Pam,

Happy Anniversary! We are married 43 years! My parents and grandparents were married 50 plus years!
(4)

Another good Sunday Yea! One of my hobbies was photography, macro {insects and flowers above all) this morning I met with my "teacher". Well I forgot my tripod and I was late (a little problem with mum). I only took 2 photos but enjoyed the walk and talk!
(4)

Happy anniversary Llama and Pam!
40 years of marriage = ruby anniversary.
25=silver
50=gold...
Do you say the same in the U. S.?
(3)

Need: Thank you so much! That's wonderful to be married for 43 years. Congratulations!
(2)

Anche: Thank you so much and yes, you are correct on 40 years being the ruby anniversary.
I am glad that you have had a great Sunday.
(1)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter