Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
Good luck, Glad!
(3)

glad - (((((((Hugs))))))) and prayers. See you back here soon.
(3)

The best to you, glad. Sending my prayers to you.
Hugs,
Early
(3)

I went for my breast biopsy this afternoon. It was not bad. I was a little nervous not knowing what to expect. The technicians were wonderful and the radiologist was great. The only thing that bothered me was the insertion of pain med into my breast a lot of burning and there was a pop and I jumped. They told me I did great. I am glad it is over. My mom, brother and niece were in the waiting room. Results in seven days.
(7)

EB, Prayers sent your way.

My biopsy was totally different. I was under anesthesia. So, I wasn’t aware of anything.

I do not have breast cancer in my immediate family. I am surprised though, I know several people who have had breast cancer and they have absolutely no family history of it.
(3)

Hope biopsy results will be favorable, early.

I am done, two hour surgery. Only incision pain and achy arms evidently from reversal of anesthesia. NO DRAINS! Now hope to nap, it is 130. I have been awake since 2am, with exception of anesthesia of course,

Nighty night.😘

No family history here either.
(6)

Many hugs,Glad and EB! Get some rest.
(3)

EarlyBird, hoping for good results from the biopsy.

Glad, I too am glad that it's over for you.   Get a good rest this afternoon!
(5)

Glad and EB - ((((((hugs))))) to both of you, Trust both of your procedures are followed by clean bulls of health.

Praying for no further treatment needed.
(3)

Glad, do get some rest and hope everything turn out well for you. Hugs.
(5)

Thank you all for your prayers and concern. I appreciate it very much.
(4)

I am hoping the bulk of our rain is behind us. We have had a few summer showers, that turned into heavy downpours!
(4)

Anyone watching the Olympic’s opening ceremony?
(3)

We are watching the Olympic's opening ceremony tonight, Need. Enjoy the night.
(5)

EB, do you have a portal to access test results? I do, but don't read them anymore. Too much medical mumbo jumbo, that I do not understand. I now wait for the doc's call for use of terms that I will understand.
(5)

know what you mean gladimhere. My husband is in ICU right now and the test results on site, you don't really understand them. It's all about the calls and face to face questions.
(1)

Hello glad,
I did not sign up for MyChart as of yet. The radiologist is going to call me as soon as the biopsy results come back.
(3)

I went to see a new podiatrist today about my severe foot pain after I received the second Covid vaccine. He told me he did not think it was from the vaccine. Results came back from the MRI from last Friday.He discussed this with me and said my foot was a mess and a lot of problems.
Plantar fasciitis main problem
Multiple sprains to foot ligaments from mild to moderate
cyst second metatarsal
tendinitis and arthritis throughout right foot

Plan
Fitted me for a $50 Pro Orthotic Support and if does not work and relieve my pain he will fit me for custom $400 Orthotics next week another followup

At least I know there was something very wrong with my foot. He did say it can be healed with exercise and correct Orthotics
(5)

Glad: Prayers for good results and I am glad that your biopsy is over with.
(0)

EB: I hope your biopsy results are found to be all clear.
Sorry about your foot problems. I hope that you can get some relief from the new podiatrist.
(1)

This past Thursday I took my husband to have his inguinal hernia surgery. Had insomnia on Wednesday night. I had a plan to hydrate and eat very well, which I did. I even brought 4 ham and cheese with us plus drinks. My plan failed and I had x12 colon upsets in rapid succession. Two weeks ago I had failed to eat when I drove him to 2 procedures. While waiting on Thursday for him, I experienced a near syncope episode and promptly advocated for myself before being unconscious. I walked into the surgery center front desk and told them. They brought me to the rear and they called EMS for me. Our daughter had to take over to get her Daddy later that day when he was finished. I stayed overnight in the hospital and had blood work, heart function and the 3 standard meals. Originally they were going to send me home at midnight, but the Hospitalist okayed the overnight stay. My daughter of course had to pick me and I was released at 6 PM on Friday. Daughter and I had then had to p/u my husband's RXs and also mine. Scheduled to see my gastroenterologist. An elder such as myself can (and did in my case) become dehydrated quickly.
(3)

This was my second near syncopal episode.
(1)

Chris: Thank you. This time I knew not to skip food, BUT my plan to eat and hydrate very well failed when I experienced near syncope.
(2)

My previous post which Chris responded to was somehow taken out with a software update.
So this past Thursday I drove my husband to his inguinal hernia surgery. Had insomnia Wednesday night. Two weeks ago I had failed to eat thinking I would be ok when driving him to 2 procedures. I amended that this time by eating and hydrating VERY well - even packing 4 ham and cheese sandwiches and drinks to take with us. My plan failed. Had x12 colon upsets in rapid succession. I became near syncope and quickly had to advocate for myself. I walked in to the surgery center front desk and told them. They brought me back to the rear and called EMS for me. Daughter had to get her Daddy when he was ready to go home. I stayed overnight in the hospital until 6 PM on Friday. They wanted to send me home at midnight, but Hospitalist okayed staying. Daughter had to pick me up of course. We then had to p/u husband's RXs and then mine. Scheduled with my gastroenterologist. I had bloodwork, heart function and 3 meals. Second near syncopal episode.
(3)

I was very unwell. Only posted this as my last post didn't post. Was long post. Second syncopal episode.
(2)

Llamalover - I'm sorry to hear of your 2nd syncopal episode. Please don't have a 3rd one. How are you doing now?
(2)

Prayers sent your way, Llama 💗
(2)

Initial pathology report from bilateral mastectomy is excellent. At this time, no chemo or radiation necessary. Post up today. Maybe I can go home.

I made the right decision on the bilateral mastectomy, DCIS was much more widespread than originally thought. If I had chosen another lumpectomy I would be back to ground zero wondering if I should get a mastectomy or bilateral mastectomy with reconstruction of not. No reconstruction at this time that can cause a whole new set of health issues.

Thinking of you EB.
(12)

Wonderful news Glad!
(3)

Llama -so sorry Hope they get to the bottom of this. Mother fainted when she had gut issues. I keep Imodium with me.

Glad - YAY!!! very good news. Absolutely you made the right decision. Hope you can go home soon.

EB (((((hugs))))) and prayers for the biopsy and also your foot problem. Plantar fasciitis is very painful. I found that extending and flexing my ankles before I got up in the morning really helped.
(5)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter