Follow
Read More
Don't worry about stretching out the interval between your vaccinations, when we were in short supply in Canada we routinely delayed second shots for several weeks.
(3)

I hope that you feel better soon, Glad. Hugs!
(2)

Hi all, I just caught up on this thread after a while. I too had plantar fasciitis several years ago. It was very painful and I went through the range of treatments: inserts in shoes, injections, other medications. Nothing really helped. Then a new podiatrist recommended I try Fit Flops - can you get these in the US? After buying a pair the problem virtually disappeared overnight! I’m now on my 4th pair and really only wear them at home, but that seems to be enough to stop the problem flaring up again. Also, a doctor friend of mine said that boots rather than shoes, and with a mid-heel, were better than shoes as they offered much more all round support. Not in the summer though, obviously!

Also, Glad and Llama, hope you are both starting to feel a little better.
(5)

Need to check for lavender and chamomile tea. No arm exercises yet, no reaching, no lifting, nada. As little activity with arms as possible. Doc doesn't even want me on the computer. No I am not dictating this.🌝

Slept in a recliner the first few nights, then wedge pillow. Now at home wedge with additional pillows is more comfortable.

Have prescription for Norco but I am just using Tylenol if I need it. I just don't feel like it is pain I am experiencing. It really is more discomfort and sleep disturbance is probably normal.

My kiddos have been so good with helping me. Dd2 came to pick me up the day before surgery. Took me to sons where I spent 7 nights, well six because of night in hospital. Then dd1 drove me home on Wednesday and stayed three nights. She went back home today and son is now here for awhile, we will see how it goes. Have to go back to doc on the 10th, want to drive myself, two hours would stay one night, then back home.

Back to work next week? We will see.
(8)

Glad: Take it easy. Your body has been through trauma. So has my cousin, who had her bilateral mastectomy about 4 weeks ago. Perhaps it's best for you to feel & then get your second shot.
(2)

Chris: Thank you so much!
(0)

Glad: Feel *better* and then get second shot.
(2)

Oh my, Glad, you are amazing!
(0)

Healing rays to Llama & Glad 🌞🌞🌞 and anyone else recovering today. I really hope things get easier for you very soon. I'd wait for the 2nd jab until well too.

Was it EB with the plantar fasciitis?

Years ago I tried all the treatments & remedies too ☹️.

Video of me walking (how horrible!) showed I rolled one foot in. Weak glute max possible cause, causing a cascade of twisted wrong muscle use.
Hamstring stretches, some physio massages & orthotics seemed to help.

I am now a fan of dry needling to release overtight muscles quickly & am trying to improve my posture for the future.

I call this Canadian Physio my guru. Never met him but love his website! If the link doesn't work, the site is 'Why Things Hurt' by Brent Stevenson.

https://youtu.be/ouEP1ZbzIbo
(3)

Beatty,
What is "dry needling?".
(0)

Send: Dry needling...
https://www.mayoclinichealthsystem.org/hometown-health/speaking-of-health/on-pins-and-needles-just-what-is-dry-needling
(1)

Work, not next week the following week maybe a couple of half days. After doc on the 10th.
(9)

Thanks Geaton! I now know what dry needling is!
(1)

With regatd to Plantar Fasciitis: my trainer recommended "recovery sandals" for walking around at home. I got Spenco's via Walmart; Hoka's are also reportedly very good.
(4)

Two weeks out, still very uncomfortable, not really pain. The chest area feels so tight! Steri-strips not falling off yet. Contacted doc through portal and found out the steri-strips are also glued on. No wonder everything feels so tight. It should result in good looking scars? From what I can see, the surgeon did a darn good job!

Feeling better. Yesterday was the first day I felt like doing anything. Got a couple of Amazon returns ready to go. Dropped them off to ship back today. My first drive in two weeks. Activity wore me out. Get tired pretty easily.
(7)

I'm happy you are feeling better today Glad.
(2)

Glad: Happy to hear that you're feeling better. Good that you could easily contact your physician about the chest tightness. Take it easy and don't try to do too much.❤
(3)

((((((glad)))))) you are returning to your old life slowly. Sounds good. Recovery is slow and can be frustrating. Baby steps!!!
(5)

Glad, take it slow. Happy that you feel good!! ((((Hugs)))))
(4)

Hello glad, I am happy you are starting to feel better.One day at a time, right?
(3)

Glad,
Feel better every day!
(3)

It feels like it is taking so long. 😢
(5)

Glad, my mom had a unilateral mastectomy at MSK at the age of 65. She was in the hospital for 10 days; on heavy duty pain meds for the first 3 and then in group talk therapy for the balance.

I don't think she lifted a finger for a month. (Not spoiled, just a slow healer).

Give yourself time, honey.
(7)

Glad,
You have already been out for a drive! Way sooner than I have ever heard!

Be patient little warrior, you have already beat cancer!

Is there a support group that you could attend, or go online? You would be a great support for others, and it may distract you.

How about a swim class once the incision is healed?

Your doctors will be amazed by your healing, I am sure!
(6)

I think that movie and TV characters are too often portrayed as having an almost super human ability to bounce back from trauma and as a result we expect that of ourselves too. And when you do see a headline about somebody pushing through pain and adversity it's news because that is extraordinary, most of us could never do that. I very much believe in giving ourselves grace to heal, and that those who don't can often suffer unexpected consequences years down the line.
(6)

Glad,

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Will burn a candle and say a Novena for you.

St. Agatha is the patron saint of breast cancer.
(3)

There will be tears. 💧💧💧
That's okay.💧

Now go wash your face, dry your tears. Someone might be coming over for a visit soon.....
(1)

Thanks all. Hoping for a decent nights sleep tonight. The insomnia is the worst.
(8)

Saying goodnight to all!
Just had some coffee and that will make me able to sleep. Yeah, I know, but it does the opposite to me and I was having a sharp headache from missing my cup this morning.

Night Glad! 🌌
(3)

Glad: Hope you can get some sleep. Insomnia IS the worst.
(3)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter