Follow
Read More
I think Chad Everett was on Marcus Welby.
(0)

Gershun, you can report adverse drug reactions to the FDA and complete the Online Reporting Form yourself.  Go to website:

https://www.fda.gov/safety/reporting-serious-problems-fda/how-consumers-can-report-adverse-event-or-serious-problem-fda

Once you have completed the Online Reporting Form, you "will receive an acknowledgement from FDA when your report is received. Reports are reviewed by FDA staff. You will be personally contacted only if we need additional information."

"Use one of the methods below to submit voluntary adverse event reports to the FDA:"

Report Online

Consumer Reporting Form FDA 3500B.
Follow the instructions on the form to either fax or mail it in for submission. For help filling out the form, see MedWatchLearn.

Call FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088 to report by telephone

I contacted the FDA regarding my 60+ pounds weight gain after taking Lyrica to treat fibromyalgia (which I lost when I stopped taking Lyrica) and when I experienced an adverse reaction to another medication.
(2)

RAIN --and-- more RAIN  
☁ ☂ 🌁 ☔

There was a 50% chance of rain last night.  HAH!
The rain, thunder and lighting started at midnight and it is still raining at 9 AM.  We had pea and dime size hail along with the rain from 12:30 AM until 2:30 AM and then just rain.  I sure hope the soybeans and corn crops were not damaged too much.  (We own farmland in two different counties.)

The thunder was (and still is) a "rolling thunder"--one continuous thunder that never stops, just changes in intensity.  The lighting acted like a flicking light bulb in the sky.   It was as though the land and sky were one giant room and the lighting was the ceiling light flicking, but never turning off completely.   There were none of the jagged lighting bolts that we are used to seeing in photographs.  Just continuous lighting of the land and sky.

One rain gauge had 4 1/4 inches in it and another rain gauge had 3 3/4 inches in it.  All since midnight.  Guess I don't need to water the new sod that I had put in last week.  There is going to be lots of flooding the next few days as the storm travels eastward. 😱
(1)

Ah yes, Chad Everett, Dr. Joe Gannon from Medical Center. I liked him, too.

Oh, Dr. Welby's associate was James Brolin [who is married to Barbra Streisand in real life]
(1)

FF, I definitely don’t know my TV doctors.
n
(1)

Polarbear,, Nope I am SOOO not Amish, but I grew up in the Lancaster Countryside and my best friend as a little was the neighbor Amish girl, and I spent a lot of time at their farm (I'm an only child), and to the day my elderly folks moved in with me in MD they stayed in touch and helped out my parents. They were lovely people. The norm is to move the elderly parents into a smaller home on the farm when the younger son or daughter take over the farm. Called the Grossdaddy ( spelling??) house. They have much larger families as the norm, and so more help with the elderly, and it is the way of life they are used to.. more like the norm was in the US 100 years ago. When everyone sort of lived together and took care of each other in farming communities. I am sure there is some burnout these days, as many of the families are not have 10 kids... and farmland is harder to come by and to find.
(5)

Pam, that reminds me of my family tree. My Dad's side of the family way back when came over from Germany/Czech and they all had large family.... really large like 10 to 17 children.

From the old U.S. census, it was common for a daughter who never married to continue to live with her parents. Same with sons who never married or married late in life. Those grown children who did marry and continued to farm carried on the tradition of 10 to 17 children. Thus, many hands to help take care of the older generation.

I did notice those grown children that decided to move to the big city, their families were much smaller, from no children to maybe 3 or 4 children.

Also, I was surprised how many daughters didn't go to school. The sons would go to school but ended at 6th grade.

Grown daughters that did go to school and went on to teaching colleges [2 years], they got jobs as teachers. But once they married, they had to quit their job.

One family had children that were college grads. One brother and sister had masters in chemistry. The brother climbed the corporate ladder, and the sister [equally educated] couldn't do that as that wasn't the norm back then. She was able to be school teacher. She never did marry, lived to be 103, and that was back in the early 1900's.
(5)

My moms mom had 4 children, they lived on a farm.. mom was the only one to go to college.. the son joined the army, sister (Aunt I talk about) became a phlebotomist and other sister married and was a housewife. My uncle had 4 kids, eldest aunt 4 kids, fav Aunt 7 kids ( ouch) and my folks only had me. Of the 7 kids.. they all only have 2 -4 kids each.. some from blended families. Yep, we are shrinking! My Dad was an only child, I am an only, and I only have DD.
(3)

On My Mind...Well more like what is In My Heart...

Today is the 5 yr anniversary of my dad's death and tomorrow would have been his 78th birthday.

I still feel like that little girl who misses her daddy! I wonder if I will ever get use to the fact that he is gone! I just can't wait to see him again...

I pray that he is looking down at me and smiling with pride.

I just really miss him!😢
(5)

Don't worry about me Mikk, I always take care of myself...at least you gave me the answer I was looking for...

But thank you for your concern and taking time out to pm me!
(0)

Shell- I miss my Daddy too. I understand your sadness. It is difficult. He was 80 when he passed in 2016, I have never been the same since. Daddys make us feel like little girls and protect us from the big bad wolves.
But how blessed we are that we have had those Dad's that we love and miss so much.
I just wanted to send you a big ol hug. And tell you that you are not alone and I know what you feel.
May God give you strength and comfort, for seasons in life sometimes overwhelm us in dark moments.
We will miss them everyday. But God and time make that heartbreak more bearable.
(HUGS)
(1)

Thank you Smeshque. It is nice to know that I am not the only one who feels this way. I do have to say, there is something different about me since my dad passed. I just can't put my finger on it!

You are right, we are very blessed to have had dads that loved us so much that we miss them so much.

Right before my dad passed he gave me one of his rings that belong to his dad (my grandfather) and I wear it around my neck and it does make me feel like he is still with me; if that makes any sense!

Thank you for your sweet words, prayers, and hugs.
(2)

With all the paperwork and responsible for another human being,
who'd know there is a h o l i d a y? The fireworks are now just an irritation.
(3)

Holidays, what are those? Caregivers don't get holidays, and retired people get one every day. Summer holidays are the worst because you get to be annoyed by noisy outdoor parties, backyard fire pits and yes, fireworks too.
(5)

Canada Day here and while I love my country and am a proud Canadian, the celebrations here are really lame in my opinion. People getting fake maple leaf tattoos and walking around eating gross food offered at food stands listening to lame bands and then the pathetic fireworks display at 10pm that usually lasts 15 min. And then fighting traffic going home. No thanks!
(4)

I have a copper-covered (real) maple leaf that my Canadian cousin gave my mother as a souvenir, hanging on the wall by my front door. I shall go and dust it to the honour the holiday!

Aren't celebrations getting tacky these days... Gershun, are you sure this isn't in the same category as police officers and doctors being far too young?
(3)

Hmm, don't get the connection cm. Am I missing something here or just being obtuse?

Always wanted to use that word in a sentence. Obtuse, that is.
(3)

While I do agree dr.'s and police are far too young. Oh, I get it.

I'm getting old so the celebrations seem tacky. And the docs and cops are too young and I've fallen and I can't get up. LOL

Acorn stair lift in my future and everything.

Yes, I'm becoming an old fossil.

Next thing I'll be shaking my fist and saying things like "you young whippersnappers"

Gotcha cm!
(3)

There's a passage from Trollope when Miss Monica Thorne is bewailing the quality of doctors "nowadays" (= c. 1860) and comparing them with how clever and knowledgeable the medical men used to be in her day. "Now, I don't believe any education is required," she sniffs.

It cheers me up no end to be reminded that nothing is *really* getting worse. It's just us!
(4)

Lol, Yes it's so great getting old and set in my ways. Just love it!🙄
(5)

Well, it's almost 4am here so I suppose I should crash. Ta!
(3)

It's not like we have a different option. That we'd like, anyway! Hugs x
(2)

I'm right there with you Gershun. I think spending time with children helps.
(2)

I polished off the whole bag of potato chips last night - well, at least I had the prescience to buy a smallish one. Why is it that my give a damn flies out the window at around 5 o'clock every day?
(2)

CWillie, Was that 5 a.m., or p.m. that your give a damn flies out the window?
It is 5 a.m. here now, so I am going back to sleep-the old person's phrase for
I should crash, lol Gershun.

I had something on my mind before coming here, but it also flew out the window.
That is a good thing.
(3)

Blood sugar and diurnal biorhythms. The gurus will tell you to snack on something healthy, like soy coated pumpkin seeds and dried guava. I say enjoy your chips :)

I allow myself to stand and gaze at the confectionery aisle. Then I say "you will eat all of them and you will be sick and your teeth will hurt. Step away."

Sigh. I think if you're the sort of person who can eat half a Mars Bar or save some chips for later you can't really like them.
(5)

In July, I will be spending time with children, literally.
A new HMO for health insurance means I will be seeing all new doctors.
(2)

CM,
After eating two chocolate cake donuts the night before, I did eat only 1/2 of the apple fritter for breakfast. It was good, just not my favorite. So you are right.

But once a year, I could eat a whole bag of fritos chili flavor---back when I was younger, that is. Just last year!

"Gurus"!!! That is what I call "them" too! Lots to not say on that topic, after having to unfriend their political views on fb. Some guru advice is good, it is just that even they can't follow it, imo.
(4)

fb has options to unfollow or unfollow for 30 days that I prefer to unfriending when someone gets on a rant with too many nonsense postings or too many political postings. "unfollow" means their posts do not automatically appear in your news feed but they are still friends and you can still look at their wall. I have a friend that goes on a "cat rant" where she posts 10-20 images of her cats a day for a couple of weeks. I like cute cats, but not that much, so I unfollow her for 30 days.
(1)

"Snooze" feature, love it.
But fb I hate it!
I tried to quit, but would miss seeing my family on there.
(1)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter