Follow
Read More
All hail Nathan Chen!🥇No, Ali, I didn't catch his Olympic performance. Thanks for posting the vid.
(1)

Way too many just completely over the top tales lately. What the heck?! Why can't people just tell the truth? And if they ask a question for advice then completely disregard any comments given.

Is this all a result of covid? Too much time alone? They do whatever they have to for attention, even if it is negative.

It is getting real old, real fast.
(6)

Wayyy too many long drama OP's, I cannot be of help.
Going to fix dinner now.
Goodnight!
Love all of you with good boundaries, giving with good boundaries!
(6)

Wow, same thoughts at the same time Glad!

We posted in the same minute!
(4)

Time for Dick Van Dyke! I am sick of the nonsense!
(4)

I must have missed something here. I guess I don't check out enough threads cause not sure what you guys are referring to re: over the top stories.
(2)

Some OP's are way over the top. Are there really that many men moving their mothers in with them? Grandchildren taking care of grandma's poop and pee?
(3)

There always seem to be clusters of similar stories all at once. And if the OP does return with comments they double down and the stories just get even more over the top. But true or false they always generate a lot of comments so our input isn't needed anyway.
BTW, we haven't heard from anybody bleeding decades after a hysterectomy for a while 🤨
(8)

CW, shhhh!
(3)

Gershun,
For your own sanity, if you don't know, we shouldn't tell you.
You are already smart enough to not even look, not even go there!

Reading this stuff is not a good idea for anyone, but you are an empathetic person-it would be a waste of your time and emotions.

If you are still curious, send me a private message.

Be prepared to answer this: Is it even possible for someone to "buy" one room in a house?
(4)

Becky, don't you have another cousin Pam that died of lung cancer a couple of years ago? Really? Two cousins named Pam?
(2)

First cousin on my dad's side that died of cancer. Second cousin on my mom's side that visited a few days ago. Big close knit families on both sides. Not a big deal.
(2)

Gladimhere,
OVER THE TOP isn't even the word for some of our recent posts. Dick Van Dyke IS the word for it. I couldn't help today but think about writing my own sitcom off of one story alone. I have at least a season's worth of material.
I am even thinking about how to cast it!!!!! Honestly it is so goofy today that I don't even believe it. I said once that you cannot make this up, but was corrected pretty quickly by being told that indeed, you CAN make it up. And I guess the writers of sitcoms do all the time.
I have to say I have today found myself shouting in all-capitals, at the end of my rope, and laughing till I cried. I would say this Forum is worth its weight in gold!
(5)

Saw a wonderful Live in HD opera today. Fire Shut Up in My Bones, based on a moving coming of age book by Charles M. Blow.
(3)

Because of weather concerns my flight to Illinois has been moved up to this afternoon. I'm already to leave, just waiting around now.
(5)

Safe travels, Becky.
(2)

good luck becky!! we're all with you!! courage!
:)
(3)

"In looking for people [to hire/etc./anything] look for 3 qualities: integrity, intelligence and energy. And if they don't have the first, the other two will kill you."
(2)

🇨🇦❌🚚🚛😒😒
(5)

I agree Willie.
(1)

I won't ask. I'll just allow myself to remain ignorant about the over the top stories.
(4)

Becky: Safe travels!💜
(0)

Joy: Say what??
(1)

hi llamalover :).

it was just a quote i liked about integrity.
it has nothing to do with caregiving.

——
hugs to everyone!!
happy valentine’s day!! :) :)
i loooove valentine’s day!! :)

bundle of joy :)
(2)

That's a great Warren Buffet quote, Bundle. I'd come across it before but had forgotten it. Thanks for reminding me.

My nerdy take on integrity goes something like this: Integrity is a trickier trait to measure through psychological testing though there are standardized tests for it (for dishonesty or inconsistency in answers). Intelligence or energy are more obvious at first blush, though they're all internal states/processes; i.e., not physically observable. One can have intelligence and not have any integrity, truth, or accountability inside of them. Similarly, one can hustle or work all day-every day and lie to everyone around you in small and big ways.

I don't care about someone's looks, ability, or charm as much as I care about their ability to be truthful. I've learned it's impossible to get anyone to be accountable for their behavior when they aren't accountable to themselves first. And that's a lack of integrity. Something like that.

Have a safe trip, Becky.
(6)

I am officially OLD! That halftime show did absolutely nothing for me! What happened to the idea of multi-generational-cultural half time show?

Go Cinci!
(3)

My dd had her first chemo and very little, if any, side effects. We are blessed!
(8)

gladimhere, Snoop is 50, Dr. Dre is 56, Eminem is 49, Mary K. Blige is 51, Fifty Cent is 46. They're no spring chickens themselves!
(4)

Made it to Illinois and checked into new NH. The flight was good. My son and his family stopped by. It's close enough the Kids can ride their bikes or walk over. My stepson and his wife are staying a few days to get me settled. A new experience.
(5)

Becky: Thanks for letting us know. Get some rest after you get settled.💟
(3)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter