Follow
Read More
big, big, big hugs from me to you, poodle!!! i wish your LO to recover completely!!!
(3)

I find it easier to convert it the other way, 3.7895 litres per US gallon Send. Tomatoes/to-mah-toes LOL
(5)

Thanks Cwillie.
Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum set of to spend the day....

Now who knows what that is going to cost?
(3)

Resident somewhere down the hall spent half the day screaming. They finally moved her to another area. Someone said she was in a double room. I can't imagine how her roommate coped. I was ready to lose it and she wasn't that close to me.
(7)

poodledoodle: Your LO is in the hospital, where they will receive excellent care. Mistakes do happen. Hugs and love sent.💝
(2)

Becky: Glad that they moved the screamer. A year ago when I was hospitalized with pneumonia there was also a lady screaming.
(4)

Dear everyone,

Thank you for your kindness!
My LO is ok.

I’ll now be helping my LO, so I’ll be gone from the forum for now. I wanted to say thanks!!
(7)

hugs, poodle!!!
(1)

"Go easy on yourself. Whatever you do today, let it be enough."
(1)

poodle: You're very welcome.💜
(2)

Dear all,

My LO made a full recovery. Thank you for your kindness!!!

My LO is much more than “ok” now.

I’ll be gone from the forum a while, assisting my LO. Thanks!!!!
(10)

dear poodle,

i'm very, very happy to hear your LO fully recovered.

-------
dear everyone,

i wish us all luck.
we love our LOs so much. and sometimes, 1 thing can go wrong, which slides into a multitude of health problems.

be careful of your own health too.
i clearly see the effects of stress, during the rollercoaster of emergency/calm/emergency/calm...

it shows clearly on my own body/face: up/down the terrible rollercoaster.

let's be super careful of our own health.
sometimes, it's not until our own health hits rock-bottom, that we really pay attention. let's not let it get to that.

i adore my parents.
i tell them all the time.

i tell them little jokes every day.
i used to prepare, daily, little fun facts. we all learned a lot, after 365 days of interesting facts.
something nice every day, to make them smile and laugh.

------
just like our elderly LOs are, in their way, doing their absolute best.
so must we, do our absolute best, to be maxi healthy.

by healthy i mean:
the whole range of happiness.
our body/heart/soul/desires/wishes.

we can't save everything.
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

-------
i wish us lots of strength, lots of luck.

bundle of joy :)
(2)

poodle: Fantastic news!💚
(2)

Thank you Llama!!! I hope you’re well!!

Thank you bundle of joy!!!
(3)

Weather changes... today is a bright sunny day with temps in the upper 60s... by the time the sun comes up tomorrow there's supposed to be 4" of snow on the ground... and Sunday is to bring an overnight low of 14... typical March weather!
(4)

TNTechie. I'm in Illinois, about the same weather going on here. The snow has started. I'm getting along a little better than expected, so I'll be going to Assisted Living sooner. Wish I could figure out going back to my own home. I'm not a big fan of living in the midwest. Go next week for x-rays and maybe a smaller cast. I push myself as much as I can in physical therapy.
(5)

sending a BIG saturday hug to everyone!!!! :)

strength and honor.
(i like that motto).

i’m wishing us lots of luck, whatever you’re going through right now.

bundle of joy :)
(2)

I have already changed my clocks so I am operating on new time, I think it's easier to gain or lose time in the middle of the afternoon.
(6)

The city is going to finally start enforcing noisy muffler laws here! It is about time! A neighbor across the street has two cars with very obnoxious mufflers, wakes me often in the early morning hours. Just in time for me to move.
(6)

Pepe La Pew just traveled thru my yard, closing windows now. We put out fresh orange peels to discourage skunks because they don't like the smell of oranges.

Hubs is changing our clocks now, one hour forward.
Good suggestion Cwillie!

Now, I am confused, but expect to acclimate to this new time, gaining back the hour I lost last Fall.

It is 7:00 p.m. people, whatever that means to you, wherever you are, on this Saturday night.

Are we having some nice tea before bed? Or, something else?
(2)

on my mind? :)

"Some of the most poisonous people come disguised as friends and family."

"Never stop being a good person because of bad people."

"Associate yourself with people of good quality, for it is better to be alone than in bad company."
(5)

"Work hard, know your stuff. Listen to no one except the two smartest and kindest adults you know, and that doesn't always mean your parents. If you do that, you will be fine."
(2)

signs of toxic people:

1. you dread being around them
2. your belly hurts or feels unsettled
3. you're exhausted or angry after dealing with them
4. you feel bad about yourself

--------

:) some quotes.

"Dear God, Please stop teaching me how to deal with difficult people. Amen."

"My head is not an armrest. Thank you very much."

"You create more space in your life when you turn your excess baggage to garbage."
(4)

It isn't dark yet!

Making progress on this move. First day in new position is a week from tomorrow. It is coming up very fast! Cleaned out freezer and pantry, something we should all do. Some of the pantry foods dated back to 2016!

And you gotta be especially careful with tomatoes. When cleaning out mom's cupboard there were 2 or three cans of chopped tomatoes that had fermented and exploded in the sealed can. That was one heck of a mess!
(3)

Seven O'clock-it is not dark yet!
(1)

Happy St. Patrick's Day, everyone.

🍀🍀🍀 "May the best day of your past be the worst day of your future." 🍀🍀🍀
(6)

glad - thinking of you and the new job coming up fast.

I am enjoying the longer days - never mind what the clock says. So nice to see it light at suppertime.

Still lots of snow here, but it is getting warmer. 😊

Just connected on fb with an ex colleague from the college. Haven't seen her in years. I found out she is living in the town just next to my new one - 10 mins drive away. We look forward to having coffee and talking about old times. Feels good!

Dd just had her 2nd dose of chemo and is dealing with nausea. Her guts are better than last time so far, thankfully.

300 mg Vitamin B1 a day has done away with the fibromyalgia pain. I am so grateful. Now I am tackling solutions to the fatigue. I really believe I can find something that helps!!!
(4)

You are a little early Golden LOL🍀. They are predicting temperatures up into the high teens (°C) on Thursday and I'm concerned that will mean a return of out of control student parties in my neighbouring city.... I don't know why I care since I don't live in those neighbourhoods but that kind of disrespect toward the people who do really ticks me off.

Nephew #2 is has officially been given notice he will be leaving northern AB and heading south, it's hard to believe his contract is already over! He's the one that proposed over Christmas so he and his fiancee are looking forward to settling down in an area with more opportunities for her and future children 😁
(3)

cw - thanks for the correction Yes I am. It is the Ides of March today. 17th is St Paddy's Day. Oh well.

Glad our nephew is moving south and he and his fiancée are working it out.
(3)

CW I think out of control "any group, anywhere" ticks is all off! Now we would not want to focus on any one group, now would we? 😞😞
(2)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter