Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
Janetjouney5,
You have a lot of the symptoms of being a caregiver. But you cannot even pay a caregiver to sit with someone that long. It is not healthy.

Your parents may have done everything together for 52 years, but doubt that your Dad sat with your Mom to watch those same shows, for that long a time each day, giving her his undivided attention. Ask her. Did Dad like this show?

And you are not a replacement for your Dad. No one wants to sit with someone all day watching T.V. This is a sedentary activity best done alone.
Or in a group at an AL, where she could not choose the shows, and would not have other's undivided attention.

It would be most unfortunate if you continue to be there for your Mom in this most unhealthy way. Unhealthy for both of you. I get the feeling, by your description, that she is holding you hostage in her grief.

Start by going for tea in the kitchen while a longer show is on. Then just don't come back. When she gripes tell her you thought she was going to join you in the kitchen for tea.
(4)

Barb,
Hoping Pickle's Birthday was a happy and stress-free day.

Ali,
Feel better soon!
(5)

Ali, for internal I put about a half teaspoon under my tongue, the whole sublingual theory thing. I use it generously because I make it by the gallon. Super easy to do.

Then of course you can use it topically. Just spray on multiple times a day.

I read an article that a woman swears it cured the herpes virus in her eye. I don't know if it's true but, I have seen amazing results for everything we use it for.

Get well soon!
(7)

(((((((ali)))))) hope you get well soon
(6)

My son and stepson have been visiting me today, along with bickering with each other. They have known each other since high school and it's their routine. My son is an only child and somewhat spoiled. Stepson is the middle of five children. I got tired of hearing them and asked them to leave. Childish.

I'm sick of my leg and cast. Would love to get up and move around, but it's not happening. I've got to get some new reading material. I ordered some yarn today. Do some knitting.
(6)

I have antibiotics today and I'm already feeling better, thank you all.

Since I didn't want my life to be too easy, haha, I ignored the instructions on my new mandolin slicer to "Use hand guard at all times." I was trying it out and figured I didn't need the guard since it was a 3 inch piece of cucumber. My right thumb is taped up and looking like a small lightbulb now. I'm happy I found a great mandolin slicer for $10. I've been wanting one.

ITRR, I looked at how to make colloidal silver at home and you're right, that's pretty easy. Before I invest in the few necessary things to make it, I figure I'll buy 4-8oz and make sure it's a good therapy for me and that I'll use it. And I learned a bit about the meaning of PPM amounts (it's not a measure of effectiveness or potency) and other helpful colloidal silver tips today.
(8)

Ali: Edit - *feel* better.
(5)

:) get better soon ali!!
(5)

on my mind?

:) today is a super special day for me. and i’ll be setting off fireworks everywhere, literally and metaphorically :).

have an awesome day everyone! :) :)
(7)

Celebrate, Bundle of Joy!! :)
(4)

Ali: How is your thumb today? Please be careful the next time that you use the mandolin slicer.
(3)

Thanks for asking, Llama. It’s fine, just annoying pecking out type with my index finger (like I’m doing right now lol) and I wear a glove in the shower to keep bandages on. Believe me, I’ll never do that again. ☺️😝
(6)

“Do not look for healing at the feet of those who broke you.”
(2)

Ali: You're very welcome. Feel better with the thumb soon. Ouch.
(3)

Ali and IIRR
I found myself feeling around for something I could try the silver remedy on. Lol
Will it help anxiety? Just teasing
(4)

wishing us an awesome weekend :).

good luck to all of us, helping our LOs and helping ourselves :).
(3)

ali - how are you doing?

glad - how's the new job?

So thankful. It's been a while (40+ years) since I bought a house and went through the business of setting up insurances, utilities etc. It was a bit of a palaver. Now you can do it all online!!!! This is so much easier!!! 😊😊😊
(5)

Boring day. Paid my cable and cell phone bills. Called my deceased husband's insurance and retirement. They handle my long term care insurance. They will start paying my care bills on May 1st. Yea! They are so nice and helpful.
(3)

i finished my book.

and now i don’t know what to do with myself.
(1)

Time to start another one Bundle.
(2)

okey-dokey :).
walking over to my bookshelf. and then will disappear in my blanket.

more snow tomorrow.
(2)

One week on the books. I am loving it! But, the AirBnB is awful. Started out very badly with a toilet that didn't work. Onsite manager would not come to fix it that night, owner had to come the following day after he had asked the onsite to take care of it. The place has not been well maintained.

Snow had not been shoveled very well and I had to walk up stairs to the unit. The unit is advertised as having light blocking shades. Heck the bedroom drapes aren't even wide enough to cover the glass. There are a few windows completely without window coverings. There was someone's clothing left in a dresser drawer. There was a baggie with white residue in it hidden in a decorative vase that was found by granddaughter. Just digusted with AirBnB at this point. And the owner is not cooperative to address problems.

Then after my complaints, he tells me that he has received complaints about me. I have two parking spaces in front of the building but one was covered in snow. So visiting daughter parked next to me, which was half way into a spot that was not mine. When I explained the problem that the spaces were not shoveled properly, then owner tells me that visitors are not permitted per AirBnB rules. Of course I have tried to find that rule and cannot. I am sure that people in AirBnB's have guest, even overnight, frequently. Just absolutely disgusted. I am paid through the end of April. I am thinking of asking the town manager if I can work remote to stay in my home at least half the week. But, then my poor Ming.

House still has no contract. There was a showing yesterday and one tomorrow. Please bring me a contract!

But the job is good.
(4)

National Peacock Day! Go Peacocks! I love when an underdog wins! Only game of the tournament I have watched so far. It was great!
(2)

I contacted airbnb through Facebook to tell them problems I have had. They responded within about 10 minutes and are looking into the problems I have had. This will be interesting.
(5)

I am at my house for the weekend. Needed to check on a few things and just wanted my own bed. Used a paste of vinegar and baking soda to clean soap scum and hard water deposits from shower door. It worked great and EASY!

Coffee with friends in the morning.
(5)

glad: My mother's shower door was an impossibly difficult material to clean. One of the ways that I cleaned it was the vinegar and baking soda paste that you mentioned. Not perfection, but 90% clean.
I understand about wanting your own bed. Good luck with the Airbnb issues.
(3)

Yesterday I was the chauffer for a trip to the local trampoline park. Took my 7 year old grand-nephew, his 8 year old friend, and his two cousins: 11 and 9 year old girls. They played nearly non-stop for 2 hours. The 11 year old didn't have the stamina for it just yet; she's still recovering from covid but it was still great to see her enjoying herself. Afterwards we stopped at DQ for sundaes and blizzards. My nephew's wife thinks I did her a favor, but really she made my day!
(8)

Today has been a rotten day. Lots of turmoil with my DIL, her sister and her mother. Backstabbing, gossip, etc. I'm ready to go home to Maine, get away from this circus. I do not know how my son copes with his in-laws. I don't need this garbage.
(4)

Shake it off Becky, I know you can, and you need the peace in order to fully heal. It is not the day that is rotten, it is the behavior of in-laws.
I understand, as it happened to me this week too.
It is the hardest thing to keep separate from the chaos.

Deep breaths, right?
Then, say you just don't want to hear about it.
(2)

hi sendhelp :),

“keep separate from the chaos”

MY NEW MOTTO :)
(2)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter