Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
HOME! Had everything loaded and ready to go, except Ming, by about 9. Thank you, Alan Jackson and Johnny Cash for helping me be successful in wrangling cat into carrier on the fourth try at about 10:30. She isn't hurt, but she sure scratched me up! She doesn't much trust me much either at this point. I suspect by this evening she will be back to the sweet cat she is.

Don't think I will even have the nerve to try an Airbnb again after this experience!
(8)

glad: Yay! I am glad that you're home.
(4)

glad - so happy you and Ming are safely home! Rocky, despite all her cuddling doesn't like to be picked up. I think if I am fast I can get her in her carrier when I need to but the next time she will be very wary. Hope Ming has settled down. I am sure she is happy to be home too. I sure understand that you are hesitant to try and AirBnB again though I know many people have good experiences.

Well, condo papers are signed and sealed and with the bank draft on the way to being delivered (couriered). So thankful all of this can be done remotely. We did the signing by phone. The lawyer was very nice - in fact friendly. I will drop by their office this summer. once I am settled down there. I need a lawyer there anyway. It was a busy day with the plumber fixing humidifiers, then the lawyer then trip to the courier. I am enjoying the humidified air. Should keep the dust down!

Now to get ahold of the condo people to set up payment of condo fees, and permission to have Rocky there, and the city for paying taxes, and decide on an internet/TV provider. My old tv, which, incidentally, works fine, is at least 25 years old but I will not bring it down. I remember the "good old days" when you replaced tubes in your TV. Did it many times. I will finally get a new "slim" one.

Been looking up medical clinics, dentist etc. I know the shopping fairly well, and the pharmacies. I think it will be an easy transition. I am finally starting to get a bit excited about the move. 😄😄😄
(7)

Golden, so glad you are excited about your move. I'm excited for you! It's a lot of work but sounds like you are handling it well. You'll enjoy a new slim t.v.

Glad, I'm glad for you that you can put that airbnb into your rear view mirror. You'll know better next time.
(5)

Imho, cats typically don't like cat carriers as it reminds them of going to the veterinarian. Used to have a time with my ocicats and also my siamese.
(7)

OMG! Does my clean bed feel wonderful!

Ming is just about back to normal. Just jumped up on the bed. Time to.sleep.

Host trying to figure out how to refund money. The system is very difficult to navigate. And their customer service is a nightmare!

DO NOT EVER DO BUSINESS WITH AIRBNB!!!! IF THERE IS A PROBLEM IT WILL BECOME A NIGHTMARE even if the host wants to refund some money.
(7)

Golden, exciting about your move, you've been working and talking about this for so long! Congrats!
(5)

golden: Great news about your condominium. Hugs and love sent.💙
(5)

glad: Get some rest. 💛
(5)

I do the "towel burrito" method for getting my cat in the carrier. (Thanks CM. I think that's who mentioned it on AC then I looked at examples online.) I used to towel-burrito D, my old man cat, and gently drop him in bottom-first in the carrier turned on its end.

Turn the carrier vertically, open the gate/zipper, put burrito-cat in. lol

Golden, happy for you that things are moving along with the move. Maybe look up some fun things to do in the new place, too? Where to get nails done, where to go to the movies, best chocolate shop in town. I'm excited for you.
(6)

dear glad, welcome home!! :) :)

dear golden, exciting about your move!! :) :)
(4)

Ali: Towel burrito - good idea. 😀
(6)

Ali,
Wondering if the "towel burrito" can be adapted as a safe transport of an immobile elder to the bathroom?
At the very least, any accidents will be on the burrito. Lol.

I know it is getting late, and it does sound far-fetched, but really-if they have fallen they are already on the floor. Just wrap them up and drag the towel/sheet into the bathroom.
(4)

ali - I decided where to get my nails done 5 years ago when I was down there after we were evacuated. lol I told the girls then I would be moving down. I hope they are still in business. Not so sure about a hairdresser yet. I'll try out a few more. We love the Sawmill and Original Joes and Jacks retro Drive In in Spruce Grove 10 minutes away. It is awesome. It's been there since I bought the cottage over 40 years ago and serves the best soft ice cream anywhere. Not that I can eat it anymore but great memories! And the lot in Spring Lake is recreational. So looking forward to developing that!

I have done the towel burrito thing and it is a good idea - for cats anyway.
(7)

Host has issued a refund of $1,500. to be credited to my account in 5-7 days. But AirBnB has charged a cancellation fee of $967! Now I need to take care of that! What a racket! 😠😠😡😡

Ming is very happy and comfortable!
(7)

glad - that is terrible. Very poor customer service indeed! What's wrong with them?
(5)

My cats always walked into the cat carrier very willingly. In fact my one cat will sit in it if I leave it out. I guess I'm lucky in this regard. I'll take it. :)
(7)

Golden: You're very welcome.
(2)

Gershun, oh my gosh, your cats always walked into the carrier? For me, it is like dealing with a rattle snake that has claws =^..^=
(9)

Heck that cat either bit or scratched me so deeply I have a drop of blood on my shoe. I will get a new, bigger, soft sided, top entry carrier for the next time. I wish she would just willingly walk in. Not a chance!😾😾😾😾
(7)

I was going to bed early and Dirty Dancing came on the TV. I love Patrick Swayze - so much talent!!! Such a loss.
(8)

Great movie!
(5)

on my mind?

:)
beautiful weather here. i’ll be going for a hike and tea at my favorite cafe.

have a great sunday everyone! :)
(5)

Okay...April 3rd...it's still snowing. Won't amount to much, but geeeeeez.

We had a blizzard in April one year, and unlikely to happen again, but we didn't expect one back then, either.

Regardless, it's snowing. Still. And cold. Strong winds.

Twice so far I've put away the salt and twice had to drag it back out.

Won't be long before I'll be gripping about the humidity and/or oppressive heat.

I only get a number of days a year where the weather makes me happy. (Boo-freakin'-hoo.)
(5)

hugs del356!

snow. i get you.
here too...snow!
sometimes even snow in june!!! (but that hasn't happened in 70 years, i've been told).
(2)

del356 - When I got up this morning and looked out the first thing I thought was "I'm so frigging tired of snow". But snow in April is not unusual here, and snow in May isn't either - the latest I can remember was a freak squall in early June.
(7)

CW we have snow commonly in April and May. The latest I remember a show is early June, here too. In fact that time was the first day of swim team practice for a summer club. Imagine it, all these little skin and bones little kids standing around the pool in their suits shivering. Yes, practice ended up be canceled that day.
(3)

I can see those little skin-and-bones kids with the shivering and clacking teeth. Surprised the meet went that far as for them to get pool-ready.

That said, as a kid one year there was an ice storm, bad, and they didn't cancel school...until we all arrived, then they sent us home. Genius. I guess as long as kids report, the school benefits.
(4)

i see many people witnessed snow in june!! (i've never seen it) (but i've heard fairytales about it).
may, i have also seen. :)
(2)

I will happily share my weather with everyone that is getting snow. We are predicted to be in the low 90s and I am dreading summer starting in April, it will be a long, hot one, for certain.
(3)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter