Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
Landeskog had his daughter drinking juice out of it!

And they estimate 500,000 people at the parade today! News originally guessed 200,000 would attend. They were off by a bit.😁😁

And absolutely no civil unrest! The police had prepared for all.

Live coverage of parade and party, four hours worth!
(2)

I was so carried away by hockey last Friday I did not watch the season finale of come dance with me. Streamed it tonight. My faves won that too! Go Kennedy and Justin!👯👯💃💃💝👣👣,

Justin, dad, is a network engineer.
(2)

Thanks for that information Glad!

Drugs are also known by the names:
Imiprimine (Tofranil)
and
Olanzapine (Zyprexa)

This won't be the first time efforts were made to get approval from the FDA on an older drug for a new use.

When a drug brand expires and the generic becomes available at a less expensive price, there is very little incentive financially to get approval for a new use.

However, this is promising research! There is hope, not a cure, but a treatment I am thinking.

🤗
(1)

Not a network engineer, a PIO.
(1)

hugs from me, to all! :)

this comment is about stress. many people have psycho-somatic symptoms from the huge stress they’re under.

i just saw some very good advice on the internet.

i post it here, because maybe it helps:

“It wasn't until I started to focus on shedding the anxiety that my health started coming back. 

How did I shed the anxiety?

(A) Going to bed early. Quitting T.V. Waking up early.

(B) Talking to my loved ones every day, every chance I had. 

(C) Stopped eating any junk, removed all processed foods from my life. Removed all toxic people from my life. Anyone who took advantage of me, didn't give me credit, or gave me a funny, anxious feeling, I let them go. 

(D) Focusing on the now. Every time my mind wandered, I focused on my breath. I focused on my hands typing, the water hitting my face, how the pillow felt against my cheek....I started to live. 

(E) Forgetting the past. Acknowledging that the past had no power over my life (this moment). This moment was all I ever had. 

This isn't easy, it sounds easy but it takes effort. I had to realize that I did not need the anxiety, the T.V., the junk food...I did not "need" anything. 

The current moment was the most precious gift in my life. The only thing I actually needed.”
(5)

Good advice Bundle!
(2)

I still hate seeing every comment on a thread appearing in my feed! I often unfollow just so i can see what else is there.
(4)

BOJ: Spot on! Three cheers!
(1)

What happened to the thread about the wife who got her ears pulled then spit on by her husband? It disappeared. Why? Admin?
I sincerely hope she is safe.
(1)

Polar, I wonder if MILHell was advised to take down her posts by law enforcement or a legal advisor. Her other post (about her problems with the AL) are still up. I sent her a DM, wishing her well and telling her I hope she's safe.
(1)

Barb, I can't find anything, not even her profile. The ear pulling question comes up but says it can't be found.

Hmmm?
(0)

Barb, let's me through that link but, won't let me through a search.

Weird!
(0)

Thinking about and blessing all the men, women and children that have sacrificed throughout the United States of America's history so that we can all celebrate our Independence this day.

246 (1776-2022) years! Happy Birthday America! May we have our freedom for another 246 years!
(5)

I've been listening to music on YouTube and I'm regretting I didn't download a lot more back when it was easy and legal. I've noticed I can't find older uploads anymore and the newer playlists and supposed "albums" from my era are obviously something that has been uploaded by people who are much younger and haven't a clue. Vietnam era playlists that all seem to include Dire Straights - don't get me wrong, I like Dire Straights but their music isn't from that era. I clicked on a Rolling Stones "greatest hits album" and got Deep Purple, Metallica, CCR, Queen and others. And then all the comments from people who instead of calling it out are extolling the great music... oh. come. on!
(1)

CWillie,
Can you get what you are looking for by entering "Oldies but Goodies" in your search bar? Maybe try a google search instead of Youtube.

Today is a good day for me to stay off social media, I think.
But music is always fun. peaceful. relaxing. or energizing. Uplifting. Or for recalling memories.

Be careful, I cannot get these songs out of my head, played over the weekend:

"Better stop people, what's that sound, everybody look what's goin down".
"What a field day for the heat"
"Somewhere in the darkness, the gambler he broke even".
"The best you can hope for, is to die in your sleep".

After years later, rewatching "Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood", Sandra Bullock-An alcoholic mother who has a breakdown and goes after her children, beats them with a belt, then is taken away....
I now find myself in shock mostly. The movie is not about my friend who was an alcoholic (and looked a lot like the mother).....

It is about my mother, going after me. And the rest of the story is pretty much the same.

There is sand in my eyes and nose and mouth, after pulling my head out. 🙄
(0)

LOL Send. I'm pretty sure that search would give me a bunch of stuff that people in their teens and twenties consider to be oldies but goodies.🙄

For What It's Worth by Buffalo Springfield. That one was on my playlist today, they did manage to get some things right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gp5JCrSXkJY
(1)

Cwillie, I sent your ‘regretting’ post to DH. We sit a metre apart, each with a separate computer. He says it’s not quite so bad here, and he will get onto downloads now. Thanks!
(0)

O wow. Did not know who sang that song.

They look so young!
(0)

Maybe I can start to send myself emails, and just skip the convo/non convo with my hubs. Lol.

I think we both were over tired this morning.

Margaret,
In the U.S. a metre is about 3 ft.
3.28084 ft
(0)

"Young Girl"
Gary Puckett and The Union Gap
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJFVPxBpezk
(0)

What is a play list? Lol.

The Righteous Brothers
Unchained Melody

I loved Andy Williams!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0EBs6uRgtw
(2)

My mind is blown. The lad who has been mowing and weeding etc. for me brought his friend over the other day as lad 1 will be away for a couple of weeks and lad 2 will fill in for him. Tonight his sister and his DAD!!! came over to do some more clearing. I put them onto the Manitoba Maple saplings, the wild raspberries any thing else that looks like it needs trimming/removing.

Oh my goodness. You wouldn't believe how much they are getting done. The dad is doing heroics out there with the wilderness in my garden. What a nice family!!! I am truly blessed! I will have a truckload of vegetation to be hauled away.

A real estate lady is coming over tomorrow afternoon to take a look and let me know what needs doing around here. Prayers that it go well would be appreciated.
(11)

Golden, God bless them!

Indeed they are blessing you, Praise The Lord!
(2)

ITRR Indeed . God is looking after me.
(5)

50th reunion coming up. Nearly 14% of the class has passed away. That seems like alot!
(4)

Peanut pushing. Wonder what happens if a chipmunk steals it. ⛺🐒🐒

https://krdo.com/news/2022/07/06/im-not-nuts-man-hopes-to-break-record-pushing-peanut-up-pikes-peak/
(1)

I just found the most fun and interesting website. I think I could spend hours on it!

https://www.roadsideamerica.com
(4)

Went to your website recommendation Glad!
I have hiked down those stairs at the Pt. Reyes Lighthouse in California.
Coming back up, I had to let people pass me by, so I could rest. That was a lot of stairs! Way back when....
(2)

Great news on foster son's latest blood work! He's no longer anemic! And the gentle exercise and extra milk (along with some supplements) has improved his bone density almost 5%! At this rate, he will have normal bone density in less than 5 months! His loves swimming in the pool nearly every day, especially now every afternoon is 90+ degrees.

He has stepped back into his friendships with my grand-nephews (he's between them in age) and is having fun with them. He's decided to be a ball boy with the football team this year. A big surprise to me is how much he's taken to gardening; says he loves seeing the work yield something that tastes great. Next year we're going to plant some watermelons...
(6)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter