Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
I had a 5:00 P.M. appointment today at my pharmacy to get Shingles vaccine and latest Covid booster. They were lack luster/epic faił/no go! Despite many electronic messages from them, they weren't ready at all/never had it on the schedule!
(3)

My sister said the shingles shot knocked her on her azz, maybe it's just as well you weren't able to pair it with your flu shot.
Flu shots are not available here yet (next week) plus I've held off getting a covid booster because I've been been waiting for the bivalent one, but I'm not sure if I can or want to do both at once.
(4)

I got my bivalent covid and flu jabs on the same day. No real ill-effects.

I'm told that it's the SECOND shingles shot that generally causes side effects. I got my first Shingrix last month; I'm eligible for the second the day before we leave for a long vacation, so I'm postponing.
(5)

Although some docs are saying to get flu and covid booster at once, I'm taking them one at a time. If I do have some reaction I want to know which shot caused it.
(5)

Barb, true about Shingrix vax... I got the first one, was a breeze. Got the second one on a Friday morning and had to miss a wedding the next day from feelings so sick (chills, fever, etc.) So plan accordingly!
(4)

My PCP gave me the Quadravalent flu vaccine. Got a Covid booster the same day and pneumonia vaccine. I didn’t have any type or reaction. My arm was a little red. I didn’t have a reaction with Shingrix but I did feel a bit ill with whooping cough shot last year.
(3)

Getting my high dose flu shot on November 22 at PCP. Wasn't feeling that well today to reschedule the Shingles vax and the Covid booster, but I did verify through electronic messaging that the Shingles vax is at the pharmacy (supposedly). Don't hold much merit on that.
(5)

Contract on my house. Now have to find one by the end of the month and get moved. 😲😲 Not as much as I wanted for my house but enough to be able to walk away, and not look back.😊😊

Got my high dose flu shot friday. I think I had a mild reaction, up and down, in and out of the bathroom all night last night. Didn't go to work until midday.

Shingles knocked me for a loop, a couple of years ago now, I think.
(10)

glad - that's totally awesome!!! So happy for you to be moving on to this next phase of your life. Prayers that you find something suitable. At one point you were thinking of a townhouse I seem to remember. Is that still on the books or are you going for something bigger?

With all this talk of flu shoots, I am reminded to book mine. I am not impressed with Canada's latest covid booster and would like one which is more up to date but it might be worth getting anyway. Better than nothing I suppose. I have had the shingles and the pneumonia shots.
(5)

I've already had shingles at age 20. When DH had them a few years back, my PCP recommended that I get the vax and I did. Not real concerned about getting the vax again, but will satisfy my PCP's protocol.
(3)

My friend got shingles in her 50s that went into her eye and caused all sorts of residual problems. Such a shame when there is a safe, reliable vaccination for it -- and it's free from your clinic.
(3)

I had shingles when I was 28 that went into my eye and my ear. Lots of problems and weeks of doctor appointments.
(3)

My brother died of complications due to shingles. It went into his brain and caused encephalitis. So one can never be too careful.
(8)

Ontario doesn't fund the shingles vaccine until age 65, although I suppose you can self pay earlier if you want to.
(2)

Gershun, that's just awful about your brother... I had no idea that could happen with shingles!
(3)

Thank you Geaton. I had no idea either. It's been 19 years already since he died and it still seems like yesterday.
(3)

Gershun,
So sorry about your brother.

Here is some shingles info: The newer vaccine is called Shingrix .
Shingrix provides strong protection against shingles and PHN. In adults 50 years and older who have healthy immune systems, Shingrix is more than 90% effective at preventing shingles and PHN. Immunity stays strong for at least the first 7 years after vaccination. In adults with weakened immune systems, studies show that Shingrix is 68%-91% effective in preventing shingles, depending on the condition that affects the immune system.

How Well Does Zostavax Work?
Zostavax®, the shingles vaccine, reduced the risk of shingles by 51% and the risk of post-herpetic neuralgia by 67% based on a large study of more than 38,000 adults aged 60 years or older. Protection from shingles vaccine lasts about 5 years.
While the vaccine was most effective in people 60 through 69 years old, it also provides some protection for people 70 years old and older.

*Adults vaccinated before age 60 years might not be protected later in life when the risk for shingles and its complications are greatest. *
(3)

Dialysis is almost over for today. Have to go for bloodwork. Hope to go to fabric store. Finishing up rag dolls I made for gifts. Need some ribbon for hair bows. Try to keep busy and my mind occupied.
(7)

I had Shingrix, the first shot was fine, later the booster threw me for a loop. I really wished the pharmacist would have told me about the possible side effects and not to worry about them. Later that evening I was experiencing something like delirium and we went to urgent care.

When we get our covid boosters, we get the shots on separate days as both of us have side effects and didn't want both under the weather at the same time. For me the side effect was being soooo very tired and not hungry.

Flu shots, always been a breeze for the past 40 some years :)
(7)

I have a son with six kids. Five of them are in elementary school, three of them are a set of triplets.

tomorrow is Grandparents day at their school. You have lunch with them, times are staggered but not for the Triplets. Our plan is ten minutes in each classroom.

I am stressed out
(9)

GO8 WOW! Have fun!

Found a place to go. Offer pendingl

FF, the Shingrx second shot is the he that got me too!
(5)

Gof8 - sounds like a plan, Enjoy!!!

glad - That's great! Hope it all works out smoothly.
(2)

having an awful, awful time. God is my witness. i’ve done everything i could to help, only kind.

i’m experiencing betrayal, etc.
(10)

BOJ, I’m sorry you’re having an awful time.
(4)

thanks so much becky. we’ve never met, and yet your sentence of empathy/compassion made me happy, and now i have tears knowing how awful the situation is.

i type with tears.

i’ll continue to be gone: i’ll return to internet in the future.
(1)

BOJ I am so sorry,, keep your head up and do your best!
(1)

thank you pamzimmrrt!!
(1)

BOJ,
You have been so brave!

I don't know your situation, but sometimes doing nothing for a time may help you.

You will know what to do.
(4)

Bundle, don't disappear. Keep looking up......God is able in all situations. ((((HUGS))))
(4)

BOJ: Hugs. Hope it gets better for you.
(3)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter