Follow
Read More
Yes, Happy V D to everybody on here!
(4)

Happy Valentine's to all! Nothing going on here either. I did have one of those Tillamook ice cream sammies, though. The grocery was out of my favorite Blue Bunny mini cones!😟😟
(4)

I can't believe 'Happy VD'!
(3)

Love is in the air
Today's day starts with a V
Eat chocolate if you dare
Compassionate care is key = Ll, 2/14/23
(5)

Happy Venereal Disease? I just realized how that could be misinterpreted. LOL
(4)

Enjoy your outbreaks everybody! LOL
(4)

Hubs & I were at my MIL's facility last night for their Valentine's Day fancy restaurant-style dinner. During dinner one of the residents apparently either choked on his food or had a heart attack. I didn't realize what was happening until I saw 2 cops and then the EMTs come in. They had him on the floor performing CPR. The poor staff had to stand there holding up privacy sheets around the activity. Our family was seated close to the stage facing the entertainment (a violin player). They asked her to keep playing because she could see everything from the stage and was very shook up but the show went on.

The man actually passed away right there. I'm thankful my MIL was blissfully unaware since her back was to the action the entire time and the music drowned out other sounds. Also thankfully (I think?), that man's family was not there at this dinner. He was a long-time NH resident, a retired doctor who founded a hospital in our area. More than anything I was astonished that he must not have had a DNR, as I watched them do CPR for quite a while. He went out between the tables on a gurney with a sheet over his face. Not your average Valentine's Day...I felt so sad for the staff because not only were they (and volunteers) working so hard to pull off this event, but they were shook up and mourning the sudden loss of this man whom they all knew well, like family. Kiss, hug or call your LO today if you can!
(8)

Had a crazy dream last night that I died my silver hair back to my original auburn color. LOL 😆

In the hospital waiting area right now. Hubby is having a colonoscopy done. Needless to say, my husband didn’t have a great Valentine’s Day!

I do love that hospitals have coffee shops in them. Just ordered my morning cup of coffee since I don’t have time for coffee before leaving home.
(2)

Where is Bridget? How is she doing?
(3)

So, my husband had a kind of weird colonoscopy.

The doctor removed three polyps and saw a fourth one on his appendix but couldn’t remove it so he now has to have his appendix removed.

I was all for the home colonoscopy testing before which we usually do but it’s definitely better that he went in for the standard colonoscopy.

The last time that I did the home test it showed blood so I had to do the standard colonoscopy. It was a bleeding polyp, nothing serious.
(3)

Submitted the Medicaid app online moments ago! Whhoooo!!

Now to upload a dozen+ supporting documents.
(4)

It’s really fun to people watch. Today in the hospital waiting room they had the sweetest little old lady who was looking at dog rescues. She said that she missed her dog terribly. She had to put her down and desperately wanted a new pooch.

I admire her for getting a new dog. After having to put two of my beloved dogs down, I can’t bring myself to get another one and go through that again.

Most people young and old are scrolling through their phones. The magazines are hardly ever read these days in waiting rooms.

I remember telling a friend of mine that I would occasionally pick up a magazine to read in the waiting room at the hospital. She told me that she never read them because of the germs from the sick people. LOL 😆 She’s a nurse. I can be a germ freak too but I never thought about not reading a magazine.
(5)

Geaton, that's so sad. I'm glad your LO didn't see what was going on.
(3)

So, I started thinking about my older brother after my husband’s colonoscopy today. He’s had so many heart issues and continues to. So, he has put off having colonoscopies.

I called him and told him that my husband had no symptoms and ended up having three polyps removed and then the weird thing where the fourth polyp went inside of his appendix. The doctor couldn’t remove it and said that it was fortunate that he saw the polyp and that it didn’t go unnoticed.

So, the only way to remove the polyp is to remove the appendix. He said that the polyp cannot stay in there. All polyps have to be removed so they can send them off to the lab. Strange going in for a routine colonoscopy and hearing that he needs an appendectomy!

Anyway, my brother said that he was having some symptoms and went to the doctor. My brother is 70 and has never had a colonoscopy! His doctor wasn’t happy about it and he scheduled one for him.

It’s upsetting because my other brother has had colon cancer.

I can’t remember what the age is for the first screening but I remember that Katie Couric brought attention to the disease because her husband died at a relatively young age with colon cancer. My younger brother nearly died with it. If caught early enough it can be successfully treated.

Schedule your colonoscopy appointments!
(2)

Aversion to getting a colonoscopy is a big reason it is recommended to get the FIT test instead - it's non invasive and inexpensive and if problems are detected people are likely not going to turn down a colonoscopy.
(2)

cw,

What is the FIT test? Is that the home test? Here it’s called Cologuard.
(1)

fecal immunochemical test (FIT) - Cologuard is a brand name
(2)

cw,

Oh, okay.

My doctor said okay to the home test at first. Hubby and I both did that. She doesn’t like only the home test. She says that a person should do a colonoscopy to have a better look.
(1)

Yes I know you Americans like doing routine colonoscopies.
(1)

Sometimes, I think I should wear an old lady bib that covers my whole shirt. I was watching a stand up comedy show on comedy.tv and eating my dinner. Now I have spaghetti sauce on my light yellow top! LOL 😆

Oh. well…it’s good to laugh. Will put stain remover on my shirt before washing it.
(5)

❄️❄️❄️
it continues to snow here every day, and i love it!!
(3)

Geaton: How incredibly sad.
(2)

I have colonoscopies every couple of years. Each time, there are polyps that are removed.

I lost a high school friend of mine about a year and a half ago to colon cancer. She had an aversion to doctors. She started to develop problems with digestion and just not feeling well. By the time of the diagnosis she was stage 4. She was only 67.
(3)

That was just a small snippet of my work.
(3)

Glad,

Sorry about your friend. My brother had colon cancer and now has to do colonoscopies once a year.

The prep is unpleasant but the colonoscopy itself isn’t bad. It’s sad that people skip them.

The home tests won’t pick up everything. So, we may as well schedule the colonoscopy.
(2)

🙂 movie reviews...

sometimes, i like to read movie reviews because they crack me up - and because i can apply it to my own life, about other things. here's a review i read about "Gigli" (2003). i've never seen the movie. i can apply these points to other things in my life, when i don't want to do something:

"Things I would rather do than watch this movie ever again:

1.) Smash my head on a boulder.
2.) Lick a gas station toilet seat.
3.) Be attacked by a zombie.
4.) Send my paycheck to a Nigerian "prince" I met online.
5.) Give myself a non-medicated root canal.
6.) Face off with a T-rex.
7.) Bathe with buffalo diarrhea.
8.) Swim in an active volcano.
9.) Eat aforementioned buffalo diarrhea."

🙂
(1)

🙂 i have to add another review about the same movie. again, it can be applied to other things in life:

"How much does this movie suck? Words fail me. I took a date to this movie. She didn't like me afterward. You don't watch this movie. You ENDURE this thing, like an abscessed tooth. The most extensive vocabulary in the universe could not find words to describe the stupidity of this film, but I will try."
(0)

But, there is this:

https://www.wmagazine.com/culture/ben-affleck-gigli-jennifer-lopez-directing

Almost twenty years later, and Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez’s flop 2003 romantic comedy, Gigli, is still remembered for many reasons—like for earning only $7 million in the box office, despite costing $75 million to make. Or winning a load of Razzie awards, including Worst Comedy of Our First 25 Years during the Golden Rasberry Award’s 25th annual ceremony in 2004. But mostly, it’s remembered as the movie that brought us Bennifer, and according to Affleck, that’s how he likes to think of it as well. The actor just sat down with Entertainment Weekly recently to discuss the infamous film and reflect on how it impacted his career and life.
(2)

🙂 another review about the same movie, that made me laugh...

"This is a film where nothing happens and it takes a long time for that to not happen."
(3)

Has anyone else picked up their prescription (Walgreens) and got home to discover that they filled the wrong dosage? Grrrrrrr…

I just discovered this and it isn’t the first time that they have done this.

The pharmacist is always kind and corrects the problem. She says that the computer system is supposed to flag the old dosage and then they fill the new one.

I catch it every time they don’t fill the dosage correctly but it’s a pain having to run back to the pharmacy.

I couldn’t put off correcting it. My husband’s insurance no longer allows me to get three months of pills. I can only fill one month at the time.

I have things to do and Mardi Gras parades are in full swing. and Traffic and street closures will make it impossible for me to get to the pharmacy.

The pharmacy usually tells me if my meds have a new manufacturer and look differently. Sometimes they don’t and I am on the phone calling them again. Maybe I should start looking at my meds before leaving the pharmacy. It would save me a trip back.
(2)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter