Follow
Read More
Need, another trick for eggs. Look for a number between 1 and 365 stamped right above the “expiration date.” This corresponds to the date that the egg was collected. Most store eggs are at least two months old.
(2)

I wish I didn’t know the eggs are that old when I buy them . 😬.
(2)

PeggySue,

I would have never guessed that. I will pay more attention to eggs when I buy them. I suppose buying them at the farmers market is a better idea than purchasing them from a store.

Evamar.

I love deviled eggs! I don’t make them often but always enjoy them when I do.

Cappuccino or lattes are my weakness! Not the flavored ones though, I am a purist. I don’t want pumpkin spiced, mocha or any other flavors.
(1)

NHWM,
Me too. Total purist, no flavored cappuccinos or even sugar.
I love dark chocolate but don’t like almost anything else with chocolate, maybe on occasion ice cream or rarely chocolate cake. However if I don’t have any milk chocolate will do, my husband like it and drinking chocolate, yikes!
The same with apples, I love apples, but, almost never apple pie, on occasion German GF makes good apple strudel, she is such excellent baker, I would have little slice. But no whipping cream.
(2)

Evamar,

I am the same. I hate sugar in my coffee or tea.

My husband loves apple strudel! He spent time in Austria to study engineering. He raved about the pastries.
(2)

NHWM,
I lived in Austria for a while!
The best cafes in Vienna!
(1)

Evamar,

That’s what my husband says too.

We both love dark chocolate. We never eat milk chocolate.
(1)

Random new life hack I learned tonight: Target (the retailer) does price matching on anything from anywhere. You can show them a cheaper price online and they match it on checkout. 😲

I saved $50 tonight after learning this. I feel thrifty.
(9)

Really relieved the mayoral election, the first round is nearly done! Heck, 18 candidates with two that had withdrawn. Another mayoral race 13 candidates will no doubt be another runoff.
(1)

Me, lattes, no flavors, no sugar. I used to add syrups but then they started leaving terrible after taste, so just stopped the flavors. I do not understand at all, the pumpkin spice!!! Blech!!!
(3)

Glad,

I always say that the people who order all of those additional artificial flavorings in their coffee aren’t coffee lovers.

It’s really annoying to be standing in line at a coffee shop behind these people! It takes them five minutes to order their stupid coffee!
(2)

Glad,

The attempt to get our mayor recalled failed. There were thousands of signatures but certainly not enough to get her out.

Eh, she is typical of Louisiana politicians who are a very colorful bunch!

Oh my gosh, I still laugh about the comments of our mayor who was in office during hurricane Katrina.

He called New Orleans, “Chocolate City.” That remark didn’t go over very well.

Then he criticized the New York firefighters by saying that they couldn’t fix the “Hole in the ground,” referring to 911!

He didn’t like any criticism about how long he was taking to get our city back and running. So, he made the horrible comment about New York and 911.

He was an incredible embarrassment to our city!

Or, what about the infamous governors in our past, one was on 60 Minutes and bragging about being a crook! LOL 😆

He openly admitted on 60 Minutes that he loved to gamble. He claimed to be an honest crook!

He went to prison, along with many other Louisiana politicians.
(5)

happy soooon easter to everybunny!
❤️🙂
just like every year, i'll be hiding & looking for chocolate eggs. my elderly parents will have to search too! poor them.
(3)

if my elderly parents don't find the ones tucked away on the bottom shelf, behind those heavy books, i'm very, very sorry to say, those chocolates will be miiiiiine.
❤️🙂
(3)

Today is National Walking Day! Go for a walk!

Nice day here! I’m going to go for a stroll in a bit.
(4)

I took a walk into the stadium and across the field to the shot put and discus areas to watch my 14 year old grand-nephew compete, then run the 4x100m relay. He won the shot put in yesterday's meet but didn't put his best and came in 3rd today. 3rd in discus and the relay team came in 3rd too, although M had the fastest time in his leg (did well on both handoffs). Then took a walk back to the car. Probably a mile or so all told, but a lot of it was in taller grass so it was a little harder than walking on the paths or pavement. Wonderful afternoon; 84-81 degrees with a light wind. Tomorrow is forecasted to be rainy and very windy - we're on the edge of the tornado warnings.
(4)

Walking through long grass - don't forget to do a tick check.
(4)

I agree about the tick check. Lyme disease is no joke. I hate ticks.
(5)

So many devastating tornados across the central area of the country! Stay safe all. I heard on the news there is a setting in your phone to wake you in case of emergency in the night. It is under settings and notifications, advanced settings.

https://www.woodtv.com/weather/how-to-activate-national-weather-service-alerts-on-your-phone/

We don't usually get tornados until May and June. Last year was very quiet here.
(2)

Michael J Fox has a new documentary on his journey with Parkinson’s disease. It’s streaming on Apple TV+.

I love his optimism. I also admire his wife very much. She has certainly taken her wedding vows seriously, for better or worse, sickness and health. She has been by his side throughout all of his struggles.

The documentary is called, Still: A Michael J Fox Movie

On a lighter note, CBS or Paramount+ is doing. A GRAMMY SALUTE to The Beach Boys on April 8th.
(3)

An arrest today, thankfully before anything happened. A school in two of my grands school district was targeted today. Thank goodness for a sister that saw something and said something! What has happened in this country?!
(4)

Glad,

Targeted? What do you mean? What were they arrested for?
(0)

Plan was to shoot up at least one school.
(2)

Glad,

That is awful 😢! It’s terrifying, isn’t it?

There was an incident awhile back, several years ago, just north of New Orleans where a kid was bragging on FB that he was going to blow up the school and start shooting people on the first day of school. Several people were saying that they were going to keep their kids home from school on the first day.

One of the students who attended the high school saw it on FB and reported it. So, an investigation was launched. The boy’s mother did something horrible! She destroyed her son’s computer so no one would find any evidence against him.

I can’t remember how the case ended.

How many more shootings will occur? Gosh, I can’t imagine how horrific of an experience this is for students and their families. There are no words to describe it.

I am so glad that the person that you spoke about in your message was arrested and no one was harmed at the school.
(3)

NHWM,
Good documentary on MJ Fox.
Love his optimist. I think my husband takes all this in similar manners, in some ways he remains very positive.
I understand how people view Fox’s wife, wish we all be like that, but, having lots of help is different. Money unfortunately allows better care.
(5)

Evamar,

This is true. Having loads of money makes a huge difference.
(2)

Funny! I was really, literally, just watching Power or Love by Huey Lewis that was written for MJ in Back to the Future!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-NMph943tsw
(4)

Back to the Future was a fun Movie. Huey Lewis and the News was a fun band in the 80’s.
(5)

❤️🙂

unfortunately i'm not joking, i ate all my chocolate eggs today (friday). so i have to go out and buy more tomorrow, for sunday.
(3)

So, everyone has interesting family members or other friends and associations who do odd things at times.

I just received a horrifying photo of someone that I know in messages on my iPhone.

I couldn’t figure out why they looked so red in the face, strange and uncomfortable.

Then they revealed to me that they had a ‘vampire’ facial and that they were in pain. Call me stupid but I didn’t even know what a vampire facial was.

They proceeded to tell me that the Kardashians get vampire facials. I said, okay, but who cares? Why did you put yourself through this pain and discomfort? They said so that they would look younger. Whatever…

They look like they have a horrible sunburn and afterwards I guess they look better.

They are extremely vain and have spent a fortune on cosmetic surgery and so on. Whatever floats their boat…

People should give a warning before sending a disturbing photo of themselves. LOL 😆
(5)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter