Follow
Read More
Need, I’m relieved for you both. Hope the news stays good.
(2)

Thanks, Ana.
(1)

Need . Yay !!! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
(1)

Sent a little wish for good news 😍
(3)

Great news about your hubby's test results Need.
(1)

Thanks, Beatty, Way and sp,

Even though we don’t focus on the worst, waiting on lab results can be unnerving.
(2)

So happy for you and your husband, Needshelp!!!🤸
(1)

Thanks, anxiety.
(0)

Is anyone a Kevin Bacon fan?

He’s 65 years old now. In my opinion, he is still very good looking and very cool!

His hit movie, ‘Footloose’ was released in 1984.

The students at the high school where it was filmed asked him to visit for their prom. They started a campaign to get him there. They even had their own production of Footloose! So cute!

Anyway, I think it’s great that he announced on television to a gym full of students that he would attend their prom.

I am 68. I don’t feel ‘old.’ Just curious, what age do you consider to be old?

I wonder when most people start to feel old. I think our mental outlook plays a huge part in how we feel. There are people in their 40’s and 50’s who act like someone in their 80’s!

Thinking of Golden 😊. Whenever I see her post her age I always have a hard time believing it, because she has such a young vibe!
(1)

Need So glad for you and dh that the results are within normal range.

Love Kevin Bacon!!! Old? Who's old??? 😉
(1)

Thank you, Golden.

You’re every bit as cool as Kevin Bacon! Young at heart! I want to stay young at heart forever, or at least as long as I can! 😝

I watched the documentary on Martha Stuart. She does not strike me as the typical 82 year old! Some people remain incredibly involved in life.
(1)

My son years ago had an app, you take a pic and it tells you what actor you look like,

Well apparently I look like Kevin Beacon.

Well I'm a girl but at least I look like a hot guy. 😂

I'm 60, I don't feel old at all! I mean I'm shocked at how not old I feel.
At least until I look close up in a mirror. 😆, then its like oh yeah your 60.

During covid, I had a face mask on. I was buying cigarettes for my husband, I and I got carded. So I pulled my face mask down, young girl, said oh ok. She was a bit embarrassed after.

I think at 50 I felt older but that was menopause time.

I am wondering what age is old, or will I feel old
(1)

Anxiety,

One time my husband got carded by the cashier when he was buying a bottle of wine. He was in his 40’s at the time! I asked him if he felt like hugging her for carding her. 😝 LOL

He laughed and said that she sold booze to a teenage girl and got into trouble so from then on she was going to card everyone!

I always looked younger than my years but when I stopped dying my hair I looked older. I got sick of coloring my hair and it’s just about all silver now.

That’s funny about the app with you looking like Kevin Bacon. He doesn’t look his age either.
(1)

Need: Good for your DH.
(1)

Thanks, Llama. I’m very happy that his lab results were good.
(1)

Needs, I keep trying to not dye my hair. I go a long time without, then, I change my mind, give in and dye it.
(1)

Anxiety,

Dye it if you like.

My mom’s friend never stopped dying hers and she was in her 90’s.

Mom’s generation were part of that Hollywood era. My mom didn’t even go get her mail without her makeup on!

They were glamour girls. I loved the 1940’s fashion.

Geeeez, my autocorrect is hexed! You know that my post below should read card HIM not HER. I know that I typed HIM and not HER! LOL 😆
(0)

Need: You're quite welcome.🧡
(1)

Please someone explain to me why my local grocery stores need to card me whenever I buy Busch NA (NO ALCOHOL) beer??? If I go to Total Wine no one ever cards me when I buy it there...or anything else in that store that does contain alcohol...
(2)

Geaton,

It’s the same way in my state . By me the rules are different for grocery stores than true liquor stores . The grocery stores have to card everyone for anything bought in that area of the store , even if you bought just a wine stopper and no drinks. They have to scan a drivers license for every purchase .
(3)

Our beloved Francis Scott Key Bridge in Baltimore, MD is NO MORE as it collapsed when a large cargo ship struck it. This is tragic as workers were on the bridge at time of impact @ 1;30 A.M. Prayers are needed.
(10)

Llamalover,
That is tragic, the loss of lives and a historical bridge.
(4)

I can believe the bridge supports didn’t include rubber bumpers or mandatory tug boating into the port!,,
(2)

Llama,

I saw that on the news. It’s horrible.
(2)

Send, Need and Peggy: Thank you.

Peggy: That is being addressed, although late.
(1)

cwille,

I am going to buy a bell pepper plant this weekend. You have inspired me to try my hand at growing some!

I know that you planted seeds but I feel more comfortable with starting off with a small plant.

How soon does it produce peppers 🫑?
(1)

I met the bionic man's brother. He's J, our neighbour.

J remarked how well R was walking and then shared that his brother has had his 2 knees replaced, his 2 hips replaced, his 2 shoulders replaced and a metal plate in his upper spine. Wow, that's the most replacement I have every heard of. Can't imagine going through all of that.
(5)

Happy Eastern!🐰 🐇

For us Royal watchers, it was nice to see King Charles going to church this morning and well enough to shake hands.

Golden, that's a lot of metal in one person. I can't imagine going through that much
(2)

HE is risen!! Praise The Lord!!

Happy Easter!!
(3)

He is risen, indeed!
(2)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter