Follow
Read More
3 4 5 6 7
Music and what a great escape it can be. Took a few moments to listen to Wichita Lineman by Glen Campbell and think the strings are sweeping and beautiful. He looks a lot like my dad. Bittersweet. Don't make music like that today.
(6)

Unitetogether, I oversee two two elderly ladies; mom and client/friend. 25 years with mom, 3 with client. 5 miles out of town of 3500, long ways from any larger town/city. Can be boring at times, especially in winter when there's ice and snow; so it sure feels like the "middle of nowhere".

DeeAnna, so glad you didn't get flooded; seems as if everyone else around did, doesn't it? A friend was at work in Nebraska today and said many roads around the area were closed, may not be able to get back here soon.
(0)

I cry and no one hears.
My childhood nightmares have become my reality.
I smile hiding the pain behind my blue eyes.
Saying its just another day.

This hurt will be the end of me.
Should I lay in the pines in the silent night?

I cry and no one hears me.
The child in me has died.
I scearm and no one looks.

I will just lay in the pines.
In the silent of the night and let the cool breeze cover me.
Maybe than I will find my peace.

Just venting!!
--Shell
(5)

: )
(2)

HI countrymouse. Do you ever hear from or see comments from Captain? I used to see his comments a year or so ago... I stopped but am back, somewhat. How r u?
(2)

Hi, Mayday. Captain hasn't posted in a few years now, I believe since around the time of Brexit and the U.S. presidential elections, so that would have been 2016. Also, one of his children was tragically murdered around that time, too. Captain hasn't been on AC -- that I've seen -- since around that time.
(3)

I often wonder about the captain. I hope they solved his son's murder.
(8)

About Captain.. I look about sometimes because I actually really liked him, he was authentic if somewhat abrasive.. LOL. Nope they have not solved the murder, but his ex wife has an active FB page about him. (the son) Its so sad. Yes I am a pretty good "stalker"
(8)

Thx for the info Pam. There is definitely a big heart under that somwhat crusty exterior with the captain.
(5)

He always reminded me of our neighbors in WV.. LOL
(4)

Thanks Pamzimmrrt
(1)

I rather like this Edit feature. Enough AC for tonight. I don't feel very pleased with myself when I turn this site into an episode of "As AC Turns" or "All My Caregivers"... lol
...I hope his son's murder can be solved. Every family deserves some measure of justice and closure.
(5)

That comment would have never have fit in the old On My Mind. lol (gallows humor)
(1)

Ali, I missed the edit. But don't feel bad at all, whatever you said.
Pammzi, no one would have ever suspected you were "investigating".
Good on you!
Gershun, Always, looking at the best in other people!
(4)

I am reminded of the request to keep it short and to what is
ON. MY. MIND.
Countrymouse was kind enough to start this for us, with very few "rules".
So I will focus what is ON MY MIND, not on everybody else's.

Still laughing, "As AC Turns", or "All my caregivers". That is a unique concept, somebody could start a new thread......
(1)

Okay, On my mind. I'm waiting to pick up my daughter from work then going home. Home to my husband I take care of. Not the life I want but I know if I was the one who needed care, he would be there for me.
(2)

Today was a bad day:( I feel so alone these days, but yet, I can't have time to myself, time to breath, to think, to pray!

Thank God He got me through today.

I know He is trying to teach or tell me something...I'm just not getting it!
(5)

Loneliness is the sadness feeling there is. Shell, I am sorry you're feeling lonely. Many people experience loneliness as we age. I am reminded of the song "Learn to Be Lonely" from the Phantom of the Opera.

Child of the wilderness
Born into emptiness
Learn to be lonely
Learn to find your way in darkness

Who will be there for you?
Comfort and care for you?
Learn to be lonely
Learn to be your one companion

Never dreamed out in the world
There are arms to hold you
You've always known
Your heart was on its own

So laugh in your loneliness
Child of the wilderness
Learn to be lonely
Learn how to love life that is lived alone

Learn to be lonely
Life can be lived, life can be loved alone

This song always brings tears to my eyes.
CM, sorry my post is too long.
(4)

Shell, I feel alone a lot especially when I'm with people if that makes any sense.

I'm sorry you are feeling lonely but God is just a whisper away.

Take care!
(5)

Thank you Polarbear that was beautiful!

Thank you Gershun and it does make sense to feel lonely when your with people.
(3)

I know what you mean Gershun. People all around you talking and you feel lonely and sad. I say because of what their talking about...
(4)

“We begin to remember not just
 that you died, but that you lived.
And that your life gave us
memories too beautiful to forget.
🌷🌼🌹

In memory of our loved ones 💖
{From the website “Grief – How do we go on?”}
(6)

Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory." — Dr. Seuss.
(7)

DeeAnna, Polarbear and others.  Our Aunt Rose died today.  She was such a lovely lady.  It was a week ago she spoke with me last, before getting so sick with pneumonia.  She was thinking of others.  It was snowing hard and she asked if I had enough food in the house for my husband and to be careful driving! 

In Dec. I was thinking, I can't do this anymore.  God has some reason for this situation, but what? As soon as I accepted it, everything changed.  It did not last. She's been in a caring NH all month, and I got to rest and to enjoy visits.
(5)

(((Hugs))) GrannieAnnie, I'm very sorry for your loss.
(3)

GrannieAnnie - so sorry for the loss of Aunt Rose. She sounded like a very caring person and that you loved her a lot, and she loved you, too.
(3)

GrannieAnnie, so very sorry to hear about Aunt Rose. Will keep you and your family in my prayers. So very sorry for your loss.
(3)

I'm having a hard time differentiating between being frugal and being cheap.
(3)

cwillie - Frugal is the term you use to describe your limited spending habit. Cheap is the term you use to describe others doing the same thing. Haha. I'm just kidding.

I always think being frugal is for good reasons, not squandering money. Being cheap is like being a tightwad.
(5)

I always associate the word "cheap" with being stingy or miserly, like always expecting others to foot the bill (yes, I have both relatives and in-laws like that). But being frugal to me is just trying to be prudent and a good steward of your own resources, like looking for a good sale or bargain. I like to think I try to be frugal most of the time without being cheap/miserly.
(6)

3 4 5 6 7
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter