Follow
Read More
Well done Ali, stellar results! Give yourself a pat on the back for what you have achieved, and don't beat yourself up about everything else. As Countrymouse says, it sounds like you're a perfectionist, which is fine, but give yourself a break sometimes. I've had this chat with my son: his University workload is punishingly high, but he is used to doing everything to perfection. When there is just not enough time to do this, I've explained that sometimes you have to accept when something is "good enough". Believe me, I know how hard this is to do in reality, as I too am a perfectionist!
(3)

Chriscat, another clipping from that same website:

Therapist: Try not to set yourself unattainable standards.
Self: Yeah, be nicer to yourself you dumb b*tch!

I know for sure I'm not the only one here who regularly ends up telling my inner voice "leave me alone!!!" It's so much easier to fight off other people's gremlins :)
(5)

Countrymouse, exactly! Sometimes we are our own worst critics!
(3)

Ali, wonderful! Congrats! And happy birthday!
(3)

Take it easy on yourself, Ali. Keep drinking that tea.
(3)

Ali,
🥇🥂🎆🎖🎗🏅🎽🏆💯🎖🏆🏅🎗🎖
(2)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY,ALI. Hope you have a wonderful day!
(3)

Fantastic news, ALI!

Happy birthday! 🎈🎂🎁🎊🎉
(3)

Ali: Congratulations and happy birthday.💚
(2)

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes! My bestie also sent me a super-modern kettle that I received today. I'm not sure what it does yet, but she says she loves hers so it's a fun new gift to try out and she made me feel so special. 💛 ...You guys, too... 💛

I don't think of myself as a perfectionist but... yeah. It's a pattern across different areas of my life to do things with high attention to detail, maybe rooted in some mild OCD? Not sure.

I'm off to crank out some more school assignments but the ones this week are less demanding than last week, whew. Thanks again!
(6)

Happy Birthday, Ali, and once again, congratulations on your excellent marks!!!
(5)

Ali, happy birthday and well done!
(2)

Ali: I hear you on being a perfectionist. I used to be a lot worse, but relaxed my expectations of myself as I've aged, thank goodness.🤔
(3)

Prayers for Tiger Woods tonight.💚
(3)

Booking for appointments opened up here today Yay! J got booked for my first and second vaccine shots. First one tomorrow and second one April 1st. The booking systems are overloaded so it took a few tries online, but, once I got in, it went smoothly. I usually don't get much reaction to flu shots so I hope this will be the same. Already planning things I need to do in April. 😊
(10)

Golden: Yay! Good for you.🧡
(2)

Going for my second Covid shot next week. Hope the shipment won’t be delayed due to the awful situation in Texas.

My husband’s company has not received any of their expected deliveries. All shipments are delayed.
(3)

llama and all - thx.

Need -hope it is not delayed. So many uncertainties!

My arm is a little sore but nothing much more so far. Lots of nice sunshine today. Looking good! 😊
(5)

Golden,

Glad you aren’t feeling terribly funky after your shot.

My husband did well with the first shot, so did I.

My husband felt a bit funky after his second dose.
(3)

Thx , need. I feel fine. I have read that the second dose can make you feel worse than the first one. Hope you get through it well.
(3)

They say it's the 2nd shot that has the most side effects Golden but my sis didn't have any problem with hers at all.
Meanwhile in Ontario they "might" open the vaccine portal for those 80+ in mid March, stay tuned for updates.... 🙄
(2)

cw - individuals react differently. I know. I am not expecting any trouble. I read that Ontario is lagging behind somewhat with vaccinations. Hope immunization gets started by mid March.
(1)

I'm relieved that they have finished long term care and are working toward finishing most retirement homes, but I want them to hurry up so that my friends who still have parents in the community can stop being so stressed and paranoid. I know that my age group (60+) likely won't be getting anything for months but that's OK.
(3)

On a positive note Spring has arrived in my part of the world, it looks like Wiarton Willie was right this year! Some people obviously have a much different definition of Spring than I do though because a lady I met on the sidewalk replied she hoped it would come soon. Say what? The sun is shining. Daytime temps are above freezing. Things are MELTING! The cardinals are singing in the morning. I'm sure the sap must be flowing, and the tundra swans might arrive any day now (usually when we get a weather system riding up from the gulf). If that ain't spring then what is?
(5)

Not here! I have been wondering why the kitties are wanting to go out (more light) but very reluctant ,so I checked the temps. Minus 26 C (-15F) feels like minus 36C (-33F). That explains it. Next week should be above freezing and they can be out and enjoy it. Loved Ontario springs when I lived there. Snowdrops in February.
(4)

Well.... there's still a couple of feet of snow on my flower beds (piled high from shovelling), but hopefully there will be snowdrops in March!
(3)

Yesterday I saw the optometrist because I was out of contacts & was badly in need of new glasses. I intended to go last June but thanks to COVID they were temporarily closed........and well.....now I kind of regret buying new glasses because I had to try on frames while wearing a mask! Something that did not occur to me until it was time to look at frames. The opticians brought out frames similar in shape to the pair I picked out 2 years ago and similar to my current pair. None of them looked right with a mask on. I ended up just getting a pair of clear frames because I really only wear them at night. So yeah the lesson here is......if you need new glasses, don’t forget you will have to wear a mask and it will not be easy to pick new frames! I am just kicking myself for not thinking this through LOL!

Also after being at my parents house for 2 weeks where it is in the low 40s during the day and now being back in California where it has been in the high 60s to high 70s, it feels like summer! Can’t complain.
(3)

There are a lot of unanticipated adjustments we have to make because of masks. Early on when we got the green light to resume our volunteer activities at my church I picked up a coffee at the drive through to take with me like I often do, but when I got there I realized oh yeah, you can't drink a coffee with a mask on🤔
Then there was the revelation that putting a mask on before you go into the store is a problem when your hat covers your ears 🤔
The person who gave me a haircut admitted she has accidentally snipped more than one mask - oops

One positive (maybe?), no more worries about eating that poppy seed bagel or spinach salad and having something stuck in your teeth 😂
(6)

Willie,

My daughter went out to her car a couple of days ago and it was buried under the snow!

Well, fortunately for her a guy in her apartment complex saw her and I suppose that he felt sorry for her. He saw another guy with a shovel that was shoveling the snow by his car and asked him to help.

Both guys shoveled her snow and placed her car mats under her wheels to get out of the parking lot. I didn’t know about that trick!

Anyway, she has found a new apartment building with indoor parking! So, as soon as her lease is up she will be moving. It’s higher rent, of course but I guess the taste of a ‘real’ winter made her consider how nice it would be to have indoor parking.

She says she loves Denver though. She recently visited an ice castle! The photos that she sent were gorgeous.

She certainly rescued the right dog in a shelter there. As you can see by my avatar, her Siberian Husky is well suited for the snow. She has sent me the cutest photos of him playing in the snow!
(3)

Golden: You're very welcome.
(0)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter