Follow
Read More
Glad and EB - ((((((hugs))))) to both of you, Trust both of your procedures are followed by clean bulls of health.

Praying for no further treatment needed.
(3)

EarlyBird, hoping for good results from the biopsy.

Glad, I too am glad that it's over for you.   Get a good rest this afternoon!
(5)

Many hugs,Glad and EB! Get some rest.
(3)

Hope biopsy results will be favorable, early.

I am done, two hour surgery. Only incision pain and achy arms evidently from reversal of anesthesia. NO DRAINS! Now hope to nap, it is 130. I have been awake since 2am, with exception of anesthesia of course,

Nighty night.😘

No family history here either.
(6)

EB, Prayers sent your way.

My biopsy was totally different. I was under anesthesia. So, I wasn’t aware of anything.

I do not have breast cancer in my immediate family. I am surprised though, I know several people who have had breast cancer and they have absolutely no family history of it.
(3)

I went for my breast biopsy this afternoon. It was not bad. I was a little nervous not knowing what to expect. The technicians were wonderful and the radiologist was great. The only thing that bothered me was the insertion of pain med into my breast a lot of burning and there was a pop and I jumped. They told me I did great. I am glad it is over. My mom, brother and niece were in the waiting room. Results in seven days.
(7)

The best to you, glad. Sending my prayers to you.
Hugs,
Early
(3)

glad - (((((((Hugs))))))) and prayers. See you back here soon.
(3)

Good luck, Glad!
(3)

Thank you for the support and good wishes all. On my way. Will be back soon.
(6)

Need: You're welcome.
(1)

Thanks so much. Llama.
(1)

Need: Wow. I am so sorry that your daughter is very tired, but I am glad that she's feeling better. I'll pray for her. Thank you for your prayers for my husband. I appreciate it.
(2)

Llama,

She is feeling better, but says she is extremely tired. I guess it will take awhile to regain her energy.

Sending prayers for your husband.
(3)

Need: Yes, it is very sad! That Delta Variant is going to be scary for the people who aren't vaccinated. How is your daughter and yes, I know she is vaccinated. Going to bed soon as DH has hernia surgery in the morning.
(3)

Llama,

It’s sad, isn’t it? And this is why COVID cases are rising! As long as people like my cousin are behaving irresponsibly, it will continue to get worse. They aren’t taking it seriously. It’s total ignorance! How can they ignore the enormous amount of people who have died from COVID? Ochsner just released stats, we have an increase of people in our hospitals. Most are ones that haven’t been vaccinated, but even people who have been vaccinated are in the hospitals. People that have underlying health issues are at the greatest risk.
(3)

Need: Wow! That is nuts! That is rather bold of your cousin to invite you to go out to lunch when she and her family are all anti vaxxers. She is not respectful.
(2)

Okay, I have heard it all now! All of us have crazy family members. This proves it! I just got off the phone with my cousin.

I realize that my cousin loves her eight year old granddaughter, If I had grandchildren, of course, I would love them too. Her granddaughter got COVID and my cousin spent the night with her, in the same bed, because her granddaughter was scared. That is crazy! My cousin is in her 60’s. Wait, it gets worse. then she went home the next day to her significant other and slept with him! Can it get any worse? Oh, yes. It can. They are all anti vaxers! None of them have been vaccinated!

Just the other day, she called me and asked, “Do you want to go get lunch soon?” No, I don’t! Breakthrough COVID cases are happening here in Louisiana among those of us who have been vaccinated. I don’t want to be around her. She is not being considerate to others. She is exposed to COVID and doesn’t quarantine. That’s crazy and also causes COVID to spread.
(4)

GA: My new eyeglasses and rx sunglasses are all one piece, e.g. the nose pieces are a part of the frame. They're wonderful - a very good piece of advice from my DH. The old eyeglasses had nose pieces that had tiny screws. They always keep slipping because in order to tighten the screws, you had to be wearing the glasses. Hope that helps you, Garden. You're welcome.
(1)

cwille,

Yeah, some people are feeling invincible. In some cases, it is a false sense of security. The Delta variant is more contagious and more aggressive.
(1)

And we're opening the border to you 🤔.
IMO it's just as well you aren't doing the same, vaccinated people up here are starting to act as though they're invincible now.
(2)

So, our mayor just came on television. It’s not mandatory at this time, but is highly recommended for us to start wearing masks indoors again, even if fully vaccinated. Our COVID cases are rising. It is predominantly the new variants. The mayor was begging people to get vaccinated.

My daughter in Denver, was surprised when she recently tested positive for COVID after being fully vaccinated. She was vaccinated months ago. Breakthrough cases are happening. Thankfully, the symptoms aren’t as severe as non vaccinated people.

It’s frustrating. Stay safe and well, everyone.
(3)

Yes, I remember ‘The Jerk.’ Funny movie, cwille.
(1)

I flirted with the idea of going back to glasses without nose pads because it's what is is currently "new" in fashion. Since I read a lot I have a dedicated pair for reading and I did select a frame like that for those and I am so, so glad they are not the ones I wear all day...... anybody remember the movie "The Jerk" with Steve Martin?
(2)

Llamalover,

You wrote about advice your DH gave you on separate nose pads for glasses.  I probably missed any earlier comments as I don't visit this thread that often.   But could you share that advice?   I'd had nosepad problems with my glasses and am really getting tired of it.

Thanks.
(1)

Glad, your insights are emotional, tender, realistic, sobering, and inspirational.    Your analytical capabilities in putting the situation in perspective are admirable.

You'll be in my thoughts as well, and I'll be looking forward to another post from a very determined, rational, adaptable and compassionate woman.

May peace accompany you through this journey.
(4)

Glad: Prayers going out to you tonight. Your words were not only true, but very moving.💚
(5)

Glad, that was beautiful......very well written. I've got so many scabs over my old heart that anyone who wants near it needs to prepare to pick away at them. (gross analogy) right? But true nonetheless.

Glad, you've got this. You are in my prayers.
(4)

EB,

I did find my size in pants. I don’t know about where you are but some of our stores are so warm inside, especially the fitting rooms. So, I hate trying things on in the store. We get so hot here in New Orleans!

I do like casual dresses for the summer. You’re right, the style doesn’t change much so you can wear them season after season.
(3)

Sending many hugs your way, Glad.
(5)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter