Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
Margaret, hope you are OK after the AZ jab? DH and I have had our first and second AZ jabs, with about 10 weeks between the two. No side effects for either of us, each time. I had an antibody test about 6 weeks after my first jab, and it showed good levels of long term antibodies, which is reassuring to know.
(1)

Margaret: Good for you and your DH. That's great!
(0)

DH and I had the first Astrozenica a week ago. No great dramas, a quiet day the next day, but a really good feeling about having had it done. The clinic was great, splitting under 50s into Pfizer and us oldies to Astrozenica. The nurses were great, and when we go back for the second shot in three months we will take all the staff a little box of sugar-free jubes to help them over the trials of having to repeat so much information so many times. It’s a stressful situation, and they need a little TLC themselves. All good!
(4)

Send: Wow - that may have been against the emergency room physician's realm of responsibility, to say the least. I am surprised he was able to practice medicine since he didn't apparently know the history of polio!
(3)

Send,

What a crazy situation! I would be wondering if he was a qualified doctor not knowing the history of polio, your uncle’s age and when vaccines came out for the disease. Geeeeeez!
(3)

My Uncle went to the ER once, and the doctor started an inquiry as to why his parents did not vaccinate him, didn't they care? blah blah blah....

He had polio before there were vaccines for polio!
(5)

My Dad had polio and suffered through alot of surgeries growing up,so when the polio vaccine came out,my parents were thrilled.
That was one reason I got the covid vaccine,and also for my Uncle who asked me to and also because I have health problems like COPD.
My dH and I got the Pfhizer vaccine.i did alright mostly,but the second vaccine made my dH sick for 8 days.
(4)

Llama,

What kid wouldn’t eat a sugar cube, right? I remember thinking that it was better than the measles vaccine which was a shot!
(2)

Need: That's interesting about the sugar cube.
(1)

Llama,

I remember my grandparents and parents being thrilled when we received our polio vaccine. If I remember correctly, they gave it to us in a sugar cube.
(2)

Need: Yes, it is very sad. My late cousin passed away at 66 years of age as she didn't take care of herself well at all - drug use and no real desire to get ahead in life at all. That said, she could have received some type of assistance for son, but she failed to pursue it.
Sorry to hear that people in your family suffered from polio. I only knew one lady, who was born in the 1930s, who had polio. I, too, am pro vaccine.
(2)

I feel it’s most important that I be vaccinated because people like Polar can’t be. I want to do my part to protect myself and any vulnerable person I might come in contact with.

My niece called me yesterday to let me know that her aunt and uncle were in the hospital (70s) with Covid. They have not had the vaccine. They did wear mask and mostly stayed in but their adult children and grands came in without masks or precautions. It’s one thing to not be able to have the vaccine. It’s another to pretend their isn’t a pandemic killing thousands, hundreds of thousands.
(9)

Llama,

That’s sad. Sadly, incidents occur. There are always risks in life. I suppose that I look at the overall odds of something happening. If the benefits outweigh the risk, I am going to take the risk. I am for vaccines. Look at how devastating polio was. People in my family died due to polio. Others in my family were crippled. Thank God for the polio vaccine.
(1)

Well, true story here: My late cousin's son upon being given the triple DPT (Diphtheria, Pertussis, Tetanus) shot as an infant suffered one grand mal seizure. He is now a 36 year old disabled man. He was never the same after the grand mal. He is employed by Target.
(2)

Of course, if there is a legitimate reason not to get the vaccine, it is understandable, otherwise it’s difficult to understand why a person wouldn’t want to protect themselves.

My friend who is a nurse is an anti vaccine person. She has two children with autism and blames it on vaccines.

Still, everyone is entitled to their own beliefs even if they don’t have proof, or if science proves otherwise.
(1)

I was at a party with extended family members this past Saturday. At least some of them said that they were not going to get the COVID vaccine and they are in the 65 and up age group.
(2)

Prior known allergies to any of the ingredients in the vaccines are one reason some people cannot be vaccinated.

2[(polyethylene glycol (PEG))-2000]-N,
N-ditetradecylacetamidePEG2000-DMG: 1,
2-dimyristoyl-rac-glycerol,
methoxypolyethylene glycolPolysorbate-801,
2-distearoyl-sn-glycero-3-phosphocholine1,
2-distearoyl-sn-glycero-3-phosphocholine2-hydroxypropyl-β-cyclodextrin
CholesterolCholesterol
Citric acid monohydrate(4-hydroxybutyl)azanediyl)bis(hexane-6,
1-diyl)bis(2-hexyldecanoate)SM-102: heptadecan-9-yl 8-((2-hydroxyethyl) (6-oxo-6-(undecyloxy) hexyl) amino) octanoate
Trisodium citrate dihydrateSodium chlorideTromethamine
Sodium chloride
Monobasic potassium phosphate
Tromethamine hydrochloride
Ethanol
Potassium chloride
Acetic acid
Dibasic sodium phosphate dihydrate
Sodium acetate
Sucrose.

source CDC
(4)

Thanjs c will is for recognizing that.
(2)

I understand that some people do have legitimate reasons to not get vaccinated polarbear 🤗
(3)

I had a consult with my doctor last week about the vaccines. My platelet number happens to be extremely low, some years, it doesn't even register, that's how low it is. I am at a great risk of having blood clotting problem. The J&J vaccine has proven to cause the platelet number to plummet in a small number of people. My doctor advised me to not take that vaccine. She said the other two vaccines haven't shown the same side effect. She also said no one at this time knows the long term effects of any vaccine. Not the CDC, not Fauci, nobody.

I am very hesitant to take a chance. I want to wait and see. I don't want any politician to pass any law to force me to take a risk that they themselves won't have to pay for the (deadly) consequences.
(6)

cwille,

I understand. I would feel the same way. I can’t convince my friend to get vaccinated. I am baffled because she is a nurse. You think that she would know better.

I also heard a report where hospital employees were going to sue the hospital they worked at because the hospital made it mandatory to receive the vaccine. It’s a controversial issue.
(2)

NHWM - According to Ontario Vaccination Data as of today slightly more than 70% of those eligible (12+) have had their 1st dose (it is our strategy to concentrate on getting first doses out to as many as possible before worrying about the second one), people on this side of the border are generally very keen. If he had a real concern or was apprehensive because of misinformation I could work with that, but this meh attitude has me baffled.
(2)

cwille,

One of my good friends is a nurse and she says isn’t getting a COVID vaccine. She doesn’t get any vaccinations, flu, pneumonia or shingles.

Sorry your nephew won’t get his.

I recently heard on the radio that USA is probably not going to meet the goal that President Biden had in mind for the number of people being vaccinated. We are close but some people don’t want to get vaccinated. I am with you. I can’t imagine why anyone wouldn’t want to be vaccinated.
(3)

Anche.

Yay! That’s wonderful!!!
(1)

I have just had my first pfeizer shot.
(6)

Nephew #3 hasn't even booked a vaccination yet and today I flat out asked him to help me understand why. He says he thinks it's too much of a hassle, so I offered to book an appointment for him but he wouldn't let me do that either. This is a man who goes into houses every day delivering furniture and sometimes spending a lot of time inside setting up. He used to be freaked out about that, I can't understand why he's so blasé now.
(4)

Need: I don't blame you. I wouldn't like that either.
(0)

Anche,

That’s sad that she isn’t willing to listen. That would drive me crazy too. It’s not always easy to be zen. When you can, I would let it go. It’s hard because everyone should work together as a team. When people don’t do their fair share they slow everyone else down.

Some people are lazy at work. They don’t want to put in the effort to do a satisfactory job. It’s very easy to lose patience with this sort of person.

I hope that your coworker improves, so you can concentrate on your job.
(1)

Need,
I have been trying to teach her for more than 18 months but she just won't listen. Even the director of the company said "she just does not read my mails neither does she listens to my words. He said she is deaf as far as I am concerned. He said I must be more zen and let it go! He is the boss and well he is right I can't teach her anything if she is not humble enough to listen and learn (I have been working for the magazine for 19 years, she started 2 years ago).
(2)

Anche,

Sounds like a wonderful plan to me. If it weren’t a work situation and a person continues to ask stupid questions, you could give them stupid answers! LOL I have done that at times with certain people who really work on my nerves. It shuts them up quickly! I am only referring to people who know better but are just plain stupid. Hahaha.

I really am all about helping those who are truly in need and honestly don’t know a solution to an issue.

You know the type I am speaking about though, we all do. They are attention seekers, and they attract the wrong attention with their nonsense.

I have always appreciated help given to me when I need it but it’s absolutely necessary for us to do our part instead of expecting others to constantly bail us out. Your coworker will learn by doing things for herself.
(2)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter