Follow
Read More
Hmmm I must confess I am being a little bit naughty with the horrible supplier I have to work with...
I am no longer doing her job for her and when she asks really stupid questions I answer her just sending her links which would answer her stupid questions or would show her she is wrong, not me neither the rest of the staff.
I am feeling better! I wonder why it took me so long to react...
And when she creates problems I will just take a step back and let her fix the mess she made!
(3)

Anche,

We laughed about it too. So, did my daughter. Believe me, my youngest daughter has always surprised me with her antics! LOL
(2)

Need,
I had a good laugh reading what happened with the lights in your home!
(3)

Llama,

I am glad that my daughter modified her instructions to Alexa! I did not like waking up to bright lights in my bedroom. 🤣 hahaha.
(3)

Need: I told my DH the story of your Alexa and the lights. Unbelievable, right?😀
(1)

Need: LOL. That was funny.
(0)

Golden: Thanks. Had a 2nd night of insomnia. Ugh.
(1)

llama - take care. Sometimes life can beat us up.

margaret --mother took statins for years and they may well have contributed to her longevity. I can't take them - I get weak legs so I have to work with my lifestyle.

need - that's funny - modern tech!

glad -i would love to be offered more for my house than I will list it for! Not going to happen here.
(3)

Glad,

She moved out of her other neighborhood. She wasn’t happy living in the third floor walk up after getting her dog. She wanted to be in a building with an elevator. Her rent is high, even for a one bedroom. So, now she is uptown, which is more expensive. She says she put her work address in her GPS and it said her work is about 30 minutes away. Thanks for the tip about traffic. She’s starting at her office soon. I will have to ask her what area it is in. She said that she was going to do a drive by to see the area and check out traffic.

Her friend just bought a condo or should I say that his rich parents bought it for him! Yep! They bid way over asking price to get it. It’s expensive living there, salaries are higher than in Louisiana.

Fortunately, they started my daughter off in a great position at her job. There are people who have worked at the company for years and didn’t get the position that she has. She loves her job! She says that she is going to miss working remotely. Her company had spoken about doing a flex schedule but decided to go back to full time at the office. So, she says she needs to buy ‘work’ appropriate clothes. No more t-shirts and ripped jeans!
(2)

😃 NHWM!

How far is daughter from work? Denver traffic is terrible, allow plenty of time. If on the other side of town, allow an hour. Front range dwellers are fleeing because of the traffic, rudeness and cost of living is off the charts. Home prices are absurd, people make offer and will lose to someone offering tens of thousands more than asking price. I heard of one instance where someone offered 100k over and lost the home to someone that offered 115k over.
(4)

The other morning I was sleeping soundly. My husband was in another room. All of a sudden every light was turned on. All of them! The ceiling lights, the fan lights, the lamps, the bathroom, the walk in closets, the hall, basically everywhere I could see from my bed.

Anyway, I called to my husband and asked him why did he decide to turn on all of the lights while I was sound asleep? He tells me that he did not do it and that every light in our house came on and he didn’t do it. I told him that I certainly didn’t do it because I was asleep.

Okie dokie. Hubby turned off all of the lights and has his engineering team investigating the situation. Our home uses all of the ‘smart home’ devices.

Meanwhile, our youngest daughter calls from Denver to say that her company is going back to the office and she is going to have to wake up earlier for the drive to her office. She has worked remotely ever since Covid.

My husband mentioned to our daughter that the strangest thing happened with our lights. He told her how they all popped on at once. My husband heard our daughter say, “Ooops, Dad, I may be responsible for all of your lights being turned on so early. I think that I still have my Alexa connected to your house. I instructed Alexa to turn on all of my lights early for me to get ready for work, so she turned on your lights too.”

My husband had to tell the engineering department at his work to stop the investigation and explain what happened. He told our daughter to modify her instructions to Alexa. When we first installed ‘smart home’ devices in our home, the kids and my husband waited until I was watching a scary movie and would shut the lights off to frighten me. Hahaha, then I would hear my kids giggling.

Oh gosh, if our deceased forefathers came back to this world, they would be so confused with Alexa and Google. 🤣 It can get crazy at times.
(6)

Willie, I’ve taken statins for years now. I have high (family) cholesterol and hypertension. I’ve had no side effects, though a friend had aching legs.

After the fuss a few years ago I went to my very competent GP. He sat and thought, then said: ‘The jury is still out on the statins. I’ve seen very few people with side effects, and many more people with heart attacks. With your numbers, I would think that statins are the better risk’.
(5)

Need: Thank you. I push through as best I can. Not doing any extras. I used to feel pretty good 65 - little did I know that 2 years past 65, I would have to move in with my mother! Age 74 has been tough.
(2)

Llama,

I don’t blame you for resting today. It’s hard to push ourselves. I know that I don’t feel the same at 65 as I did at 45!
(2)

Need: Hope your DH feels better real soon. So sorry it's taking so long. I did not sleep well last night so taking it slow today. Thanks for asking.
(1)

Willie,

I am with you. There does seem to be a place for Statins. Some people react poorly to them. I get confused because different studies show different results. So, which studies should we take seriously and which ones should we avoid?

You’re right about how certain things remain a mystery to us. We have all wondered about particular circumstances and what treatments serves us best in our time of need.

It is good to seek second opinions when it is available for a serious issue. My husband did that before deciding which cancer treatment to pursue. Amazingly, both doctors agreed that in his case, he could choose only radiation and surgery wasn’t necessary. My husband and his oncologist felt like radiation would be effective for his prostate cancer, along with hormone therapy. Hopefully, he only has one more hormone treatment left. The radiation has done what they predicted it would.

Sometimes doctors don’t agree, leaving the patient thoroughly confused! I liked that his oncologist encouraged my husband to speak to the surgeon in case he wanted to take that route.
(2)

Llama,

He seems to be passing the stone in fragments. So, hopefully it won’t be long before he is himself again. He isn’t eating much. He is like I am, no appetite when feeling funky.

How are you feeling? I hope that you don’t have any return trips to the hospital soon.
(3)

Need: Hope NO is spared from Hurricane Season. How is your DH?
(1)

cwillie: Oh! Wow - on the no haircuts till July - maybe. Hang in there.
(0)

NHWM -People on this forum like to hate statins but I think they have their place. I've mentioned before how mom's neurologist used advanced ultrasound images to map the carotids and how amazed I was to see the difference after 6 months of crestor, I'll always wonder if earlier treatment could have possibly prevented the multi infarcts that I believe lead to mom's downward spiral.
(6)

It’s June already. June is the beginning of hurricane season. Hopefully, New Orleans won’t be a target. Of course. we are used to evacuating when needed.
(3)

Willie,

What’s your opinion on Statins and ALZ? My husband is on Statins.
(2)

I've just watched the 60 Minutes piece. I was convinced years ago when they aired the first segment about the 90+ study that all those "facts" about dementia and particularly Alzheimer's were not facts at all, especially as they related to my mother. Fascinating.
(2)

Llamalover - no haircuts here until maybe July...
(2)

I saw the 60 Minutes piece. It was good and interesting. I tried to post the link, but I am having a lot of trouble copying and pasting links lately, even from this site. Strange.
(1)

Need: No, I did not see the 60 Minutes show you mentioned.
(1)

cwillie: Hope you get one. I got a much needed cut two weeks ago.
(0)

I really really really want a haircut.✂️💇
(3)

Did anyone see the segment on 60 minutes last night about a group of 90year old and up seniors? It was very interesting. It was primarily a study of their quality of life. Some were doing great. Sadly, some developed ALZ.

Anyway, they mentioned that children born now will most likely live to be 100 plus years old.

Geeeeeeez, why are we living so long? Are we going back to biblical times when people lived so long?
(3)

Need: Thank you. I didn't even know that I was getting the J & J one - upon arrival at the hospital where it was given, that's what they told me that I was receiving.
I am so sorry that your DH hasn't passed the stone. They're EXTREMELY painful. It is true about getting repetitive stones once you've had one. For my 4th one, I was enroute to McDonald's when it came on - called my DH and he took me to the hospital. All other times I went by EMS - better because you at least get a bed and an IV started with pain medication.
(2)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter