Follow
Read More
Polar: Our DD typically gives me llama based gifts. I have a bunch. But this time since it was both of us it was 'cold, hard cash' to the tune of $40 to match 40 years.
(2)

Llama and Pam,
Happy Anniversary! Hope you both have many more wonderful years ahead.
(3)

Just a thought, but it could be that long-term positive health effects are found from mRNA vaccine technology and it will be used more extensively to treat other things. It is weird being part of the world's largest vaccine study, haha, but we do the best we can with the knowledge we have. I trusted that my personal benefits would outweigh the risks for covid vaccines, even if by a small margin. I think only time will tell at this point. All the predicted data from studies can't account for every biological variable.

Here's hoping for the best. :-)
(5)

Polarbear, what I hope they won’t be reporting in 2 years’ time is thousands more deaths from Covid. My AstraZenica vaccine carried very very small risks of blood clots, far smaller risks than some of the surgery and medication I’ve opted for in the past. I wish they wouldn’t hype up every single adverse reaction, it doesn’t really help anyone.
(6)

Pamzi, Happy belated anniversary!💐

Sounds like a fun time at the lake house.
(2)

Polar we went to our river house for a few days. It was cold and sort of rainy but we still had fun!
(4)

Did anyone read the new side effect warning the CDC just issued with regards to Pfizer and Moderma vaccines?

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/myocarditis.html

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/10/covid-vaccine-cdc-says-heart-inflammation-cases-in-16-to-24-year-olds-higher-than-expected-after-second-shot.html

So far, it's a very small number reported, but it worries me. What else will be reported in a year, 2 years, etc. down the road.
(3)

Llama - congratulations on your 40th anniversary. What was the gift from your DD? I'm just being nosy. Haha. You don't have to answer.

Pam- congratulations on your 40th anniversary, too. How did you celebrate it?
(2)

Change of plans for our anniversary dinner out. DH's stomach is messed up including a hernia. So I already picked up carryout salmon and raspberry topped cheesecake from Outback. He can eat mild and not red meat.
(2)

Anche: Thank you so much and yes, you are correct on 40 years being the ruby anniversary.
I am glad that you have had a great Sunday.
(1)

Need: Thank you so much! That's wonderful to be married for 43 years. Congratulations!
(2)

Happy anniversary Llama and Pam!
40 years of marriage = ruby anniversary.
25=silver
50=gold...
Do you say the same in the U. S.?
(3)

Another good Sunday Yea! One of my hobbies was photography, macro {insects and flowers above all) this morning I met with my "teacher". Well I forgot my tripod and I was late (a little problem with mum). I only took 2 photos but enjoyed the walk and talk!
(4)

Llama and Pam,

Happy Anniversary! We are married 43 years! My parents and grandparents were married 50 plus years!
(4)

Pam: Congratulations to you and your DH! 1981 was quite the year.❤
(1)

ITTR: Thank you so much! Our DD dropped a card and a gift off earlier.💖
(0)

Yay LL !! Hubs and I just had our 40th on 5/30,, I think we are a dying breed...
(4)

LL, 🌹Happy Anniversary!🌹

40 years, what a great accomplishment in this day and age.
(2)

Tomorrow, June 13, my husband and I are celebrating 40 years of marriage. We plan on dining at a fancy steakhouse (I don't consume red meat, but I love salmon.).
(6)

Oh my gosh, I saw the commercial for the Tammy Faye movie today! LOL

Years ago, I watched them on television for laughs. I certainly didn’t watch Jim and Tammy Faye for spiritual reasons!, Nor was I foolish enough to give them any money. I saw through their prosperity preaching immediately!

I cracked up when Dana did has ‘church lady’ interview with Jim and Tammy on Saturday Night Live! Anyway, I have got to go see this movie to reminisce about their crazy antics. I admit that I was a ‘closet watcher’ of their program on PTL because it was so entertaining!

I knew that woman was on pills long before it came out publicly. No one in their right mind did interviews like she did! Geeeeez, she did one on penile implants and stuck a microphone in front of a man in the audience and proceeded to ask him very personal questions! It was hilarious seeing this interview on so called, “Christian television.”

Please don’t think that I am disrespecting anyone’s faith. I truly admire genuine faith but these ridiculous hypocrites deserve to be laughed at. It’s sad and humorous all at the same time.
(3)

Margaret, hope you are OK after the AZ jab? DH and I have had our first and second AZ jabs, with about 10 weeks between the two. No side effects for either of us, each time. I had an antibody test about 6 weeks after my first jab, and it showed good levels of long term antibodies, which is reassuring to know.
(1)

Margaret: Good for you and your DH. That's great!
(0)

DH and I had the first Astrozenica a week ago. No great dramas, a quiet day the next day, but a really good feeling about having had it done. The clinic was great, splitting under 50s into Pfizer and us oldies to Astrozenica. The nurses were great, and when we go back for the second shot in three months we will take all the staff a little box of sugar-free jubes to help them over the trials of having to repeat so much information so many times. It’s a stressful situation, and they need a little TLC themselves. All good!
(4)

Send: Wow - that may have been against the emergency room physician's realm of responsibility, to say the least. I am surprised he was able to practice medicine since he didn't apparently know the history of polio!
(3)

Send,

What a crazy situation! I would be wondering if he was a qualified doctor not knowing the history of polio, your uncle’s age and when vaccines came out for the disease. Geeeeeez!
(3)

My Uncle went to the ER once, and the doctor started an inquiry as to why his parents did not vaccinate him, didn't they care? blah blah blah....

He had polio before there were vaccines for polio!
(5)

My Dad had polio and suffered through alot of surgeries growing up,so when the polio vaccine came out,my parents were thrilled.
That was one reason I got the covid vaccine,and also for my Uncle who asked me to and also because I have health problems like COPD.
My dH and I got the Pfhizer vaccine.i did alright mostly,but the second vaccine made my dH sick for 8 days.
(4)

Llama,

What kid wouldn’t eat a sugar cube, right? I remember thinking that it was better than the measles vaccine which was a shot!
(2)

Need: That's interesting about the sugar cube.
(1)

Llama,

I remember my grandparents and parents being thrilled when we received our polio vaccine. If I remember correctly, they gave it to us in a sugar cube.
(2)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter