Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
July 22. Trying to get it moved up a week. Both daughters are educAtors. August, start of school very busy for them.

Good news was, because I am so flat to begin with, I may not need drains. Fingers crossed.
(9)

The bombs bursting in air
Gave proof through the night
That our flag was still there!

Padding Tweety's cage now.

Happy 4th of July to all!

And our British friends too!
(5)

Happy 4th of July to everyone! 🇺🇸
(5)

CWillie,
My cake avatar is not for eating!
Who would want to eat the American flag and desecrate it?

And your point is well taken, all those food colorings. I think the FD&C red coloring is the most neuro-toxic damaging to the brain.

Happy 4th of July America!

The freedom to worship God, and the freedom to not!
(5)

Gershun and Golden, that is so sad and scaring! I am glad that you are fine and that is is cooling down!
Happy 4th July to all the Americans!
(4)

Happy 4th of July to all my American friends here. 🎈🎈🎈
(8)

Cooled off to normal here too. Here in Alberta we were never as bad as BC but bad enough. Now we need rain as the farmers are suffering. Thanks for asking, Anche. 😊
(8)

Thanks for asking Anche. I'm here in Vancouver and the dangerous heat ended on Thursday. It's still warm now but in a normal way for this time of year.

At it's peak it was in the mid forties celsius here. It got to nearly 50 celsius in other parts of British Columbia. A small town called Lytton burned. I'm talking the whole town. A small population but still.......

On the news they reported over 700 deaths due to the heat. Mostly elderly singles in private residences. Tragic!
(6)

I saw on the TV news what is happening in Canada because of the extreme heat. How are you Canadian friends on the forum?
(5)

Anyone else watching the Twilight Zone marathon? I love Twilight Zone. I am cooking so while I am waiting for my dinner to finish I am going to watch a couple of episodes. They just showed an episode where the original Darrin from Bewitched was on. He is a good actor but his character in Bewitched is such a dork! LOL

It is interesting to see actors who guest started in that show early on in their careers.
(3)

I'm all for cake but I've got to say your avatar doesn't look very appetizing Send, patriotic maybe but all that food colour 🤮. My advice is to stick to the sheet cakes with strawberries and blueberries 😆
(3)

Feeling better with the toe problem. Thanks everyone!

Wishing Americans a happy fourth of July! 🎆🎇
(7)

Pam,

I can’t even think about buying anything right now. 😆 Hahaha, because we are still going through 30 years of stuff to discard before we downsize! I started on this awhile back, would get distracted and stop, but now I have to finish. Slowly but surely, it’s getting done.

I am with your hubby. I don’t like fringe on rugs!

Oh gosh, I was definitely into fringe in my youth. Fringe on vest, fringe on purses, and so on. I was such a ‘flower child!’ Catholic school uniform during the day but hippie chick after school and weekends!
(4)

I saw a poster recommend GriefShare to someone. I just took a look at their website. It looks very good. Have any of you participated in a grief support group?

It hasn’t been that long since my mom died. For the most part, I am doing okay but I can see how sharing grief with a group could definitely help at certain times.

Any feedback would be appreciated. It also looks like the website has forum with online members. I am going to see if there are any in person group meetings near me.
(2)

After we put the final new floors down, I have been looking for rugs,, for the sitting area in the family room, and in the kitchen under the small table. Looking online, but I like to "feel " them, and hubs hates fringe on them. ( I get that) I had been to a local estate store a few time, and remembered they had TONS of rugs.. kept mentioning it to hubs.. shook me off.. Today on our way home from dentist he said lets stop in there,, Yep, found 2 great quality rugs, just what I wanted,, clean and no smells,, LOL.. I checked! They are a small localish business,, they live in Florida part of the year, and buy estate stuff, to resell. They were ready to make a deal and I got 2 rugs for a great price. They have another I love for my moms old room,, now to measure and see if it fits! I could not believe some of the rugs they had.. hand knotted from overseas, nicer quality modern type , you name it. Some were HUGE !! Like 3 car garage huge.. I would love to see the homes some of these came out of!
(4)

Fantastic results Ali, well done! If you want to do well, there’s no substitute for hard work, and it’s clear from your posts over the past few months that you’ve put the work in. You’ve got what you deserved!
(3)

Ali: Great work! Congratulations.
(1)

Send: Gotcha. My goodness - hope you feel better.
(1)

I'm so sorry your'e hurting so bad Send.
I hope you find some relief~
(3)

Ali, GREAT, just absolutely great! Congrats.
(3)

Ali; outstanding!!!!!!
(2)

Awesome ali!!!
(3)

We are proud of you too, Ali. 😊

You are learning more with each passing day.
(2)

I got 100% on both my final quizzes in Statistics and Personality Development. I am darn proud of myself! lol Sometimes it feels like the concepts go *whoosh* over my head, in my brain and out, but I must be learning something.

Personality Development was challenging on some personal levels. I kept in mind that these are theories, some without much empirical support, but it was interesting to learn about, especially lately the ideas of unconditional positive regard which bring out the best in people and foster growth.
(7)

Thank you Gladimhere, for introducing us to the Thera Cane Massager!
Not really a cane for walking (Llamalover), but instead it is for self-massaging pressure points for conditions like arthritis and fibromyalgia.

I will use it to pull my foot up towards my body to alleviate cramping. My middle toe has been keeping me awake all night with spasms and cramping every 14-20 seconds. Two full consecutive nights! Something new to me!
I am pretty sure it is peripheral neuropathy, but now in my toe. It could also be gout, so I took black cherry juice.

I have tried taking Magnesium, soaking in warm water with magnesium, taking Tums, Vit. D., rubbing in e-oil deep blue, massaging lotion onto my foot, ice pack, warm cloth massaging foot, walking around in the middle of the night.

Telling you this because it could happen to others. Pain feels worse than a broken toe, a cramping spasm, shooting stabbing pain, like a bug is biting me,
A 10 out of 10 on the 1-10 pain scale.

Take a look, watch the video on Theracane.
(4)

Yay! Wimbledon!

Oh. It's raining.
(6)

Laylagrace, I don't know all the details of the trip and what happened after that but based on what you shared, I think it's best to let it go, write it off as an unfortunate circumstance which no one was happy about. It's best to save the relationship than risk losing it over something that was unavoidable (AC not working) and was no body's fault.
(3)

Layla,

It’s over at this point. Let it go.

I hope your next trip will be more pleasant. The AC may have gone out, but wow those Volvos keep on rolling for a long time!

Yeah, everyone repeats things occasionally. Our children will let us know when we are repeating. Remember when we were younger, we got annoyed with our parents.

There were times that I apologized to my parents for my youthful behavior. when I saw how annoying it was when my kids did the same thing to me. LOL 😆
(2)

Should I feel upset with a family member who I love so much ask me haven't she been patient with me? We went on a 4 days trip to Disney Springs. It seems like a devil was stealing our joy. I was with 3 nieces 55 ,58, and 61. I'm 71yrs old. The 2years before we had a ball. First the air condition in my niece's car stop blowing cold air. We had to ride 4hrs with windows down most of the time. Just from one thing to another (It's her 16yrs old service Volvo.)
(2)

Im very sharp I think but might occasionally repeat a story to my daughter and she say you told me already. It might be days later because I also told others.
(2)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter