Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
Funny you all cite Sweden when similar choices have been made right next door

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/ontario-recommends-pfizer-covid-19-vaccine-over-moderna-for-people-18-to-24-effective-immediately-1.5605370
(3)

Polar Bear, Good information. Thanks.
(2)

Polar: Thanks for that information.
(1)

Anche: So sorry that your mother tried to get out of bed and hurt herself. I pray that she heals well. You're right about the thin skin of an elder - mine is.
(0)

Cwillie how do you prevent them from falling from the bed? Our rails are round, no edges, but her skin is so thin she bleeds easily. Luckily, it was not serous and I can do myself what is needed.
(1)

Oh no Anche, that's why bed rails have been banned in North American facilities, they can cause horrific injuries.
(3)

I hate Sundays!
Today, I drove my son to a meeting with his ex football team.
I received a call from some unknown relatives who wanted to greet my mom... I said I would call them back as soon as I was back home.
This man told me it was to ask her to look for a flat for his son and girlfriend in the nearby university (30km from our house).
I wondered who gave him my mobile phone number. It turned out it was a cousin who he lied to saying he wanted to know how my mom was.
The craziest thing: he already has a son living in the same town! Working in the city hall!
I arrived home... Found my mom bleeding as she tried to get out of bed through the rails. She didn't say what she had done. I found it myself as I saw blood on the rails and on the floor but not at her feet height.
Thank God I go back to work tomorrow. I love Mondays! I must be a white fly!
(3)

It seems like every day I'm bumping into articles about foraging for mushrooms, is this some kind of TikTok trend or what's driving it? In my life the one main thing I've learned about eating wild mushrooms is DON'T, because most people can't tell the difference between food and poison.
(3)

Time for all those Halloween shows.

This is a classic Dick Van Dyke!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ja0r9lcdk84&list=PL0FHxKU3tEruGN7iOLkeuGioLz2E1rncD&index=30
(1)

October 6, 2021
Excerpt from Bloomberg reports:

Sweden and Denmark decided to halt vaccinations with Moderna Inc.’s Covid-19 shot for younger people because of potential side effects.
The Swedish health authority Wednesday cited new data on the increased risk of heart inflammation as a reason for the pause for those aged 30 and under. Denmark will stop giving the shot to those younger than 18.
Moderna shares fell as much as 5.3% in New York trading.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-10-06/sweden-halts-moderna-s-covid-vaccine-for-people-aged-30-or-under
(2)

FF, thank you so much! It is always wonderful to hear experience from others that have gone through the same. I am 66, I just could not see the point of implants!

I have heard of blotched, or is it botched? What channel? I just watched some clips of botched on YouTube. OMG! Very happy I did what I did and can't believe women would augment up to size F?! And even more.
(5)

Glad: Good to hear that you got your foobs. Be careful with lawn mowing.
(1)

gladimhere, the secret is finding a really good mastectomy bra. It took me years and I finally found one that feels like I am wearing nothing at all.. Check out the website for Bare Necessities, nice selection of mastectomy bras.

I gave a thumbs down to an implant, it is major MAJOR preparation and many hours in surgery. I was 65 and I didn't want to risk being under for a lot of hours. There is so much more involved then what one sees on the TV show "Blotched".
(6)

A friend wore a bra pocket filler for a while (called chicken fillets here LOL). Wasn't wonderful but not awful either. Said a tight tee kept things in place, then a patterned shirt/top added confidence. She went without with friends but felt lopsided (just one side) so eventually had an implant. Such a personal decision but personally I'd try foobs/non surgical first.

Glad, good to hear you are recovering well.
(6)

I think I'd rather have snow instead of the never ending rain we get here in B.C. When we get snow here on the rare occasion it happens everyone with a driver's license suddenly loses their sh*t. It's funny to watch from the safety of behind my window.

As for bras, if I don't wear one my boobs flop to the side now so it's best I wear one when I'm out.
(6)

We've have hardly any winter to gripe about at all the last few years, certainly nothing like the winters I remember from my childhood. But I'm not counting on that trend to be permanent, the difference between the wet and slushy we've been getting and a meter of snow is often only a degree or two.
(4)

OK! Got it! This year for me it will mean the bears have gone to sleep so I am OK with it. By January probably not. You don't get snow that early or that long where you are, do you? Here it stays from Halloween to March trailing into April. Too long!
(3)

SNOW Golden, the S word is Snow
(don't even want to think about that)
(5)

Glad you are doing well with recovery and lawn cutting. Not sure what I would think about foobs if I needed them. Do what is good for you.

cw - personally I don't get need to ditch a bra. Mine is comfortable and I like the support in the daytime. Each to her own. The S word???

Nice fall weather here. No more bears in the garbage even though some people put theirs out the night before collection. I will be cautious until the snow comes.
(4)

Just so I am clear, not implants, silicone that fits n pockets in a bra. They haven't even made it out of the bag yet.
(4)

You wrote the S word, noooooo 😱😱😱

(glad for you that you got your boobs, but I often wish I could get rid of mine so I could completely ditch the bra lol)
(5)

Recovering nicely. Got fitted for foobs this last week. Don't know if I will ever wear them😕😖 .

I have been cutting the lawn on my own for about a month. Last time for the year, I hope, yesterday. I was debating about waiting until today or tomorrow, it is so windy today I am very glad ingot it done last night.

Have a cold front coming in on Tuesday with the possibility of snow overnight with freezing temps. Will shut down the sprinkler this weekend too. Nice long weekend.
(5)

Halloween is coming! And tricks have already begun!

https://kdvr.com/news/local/when-you-think-you-have-seen-it-all-headless-12-foot-statue-found-in-the-middle-of-the-road/?fbclid=IwAR3GhaX8BSnn7tSat4J-6ZPvCgMsHvUpiWlt8YtU_gYnuCF6TAHRpexuZKc

😈😈😈😈😈😈
(3)

Lol.
I could not order groceries on Instacart.

Happy to have emergency stash of food for at least one week.
(1)

Somehow i.woke up in Utah. Either ISP or YouTube tv problem. Good thing no dementia her or I would be very confused.
(4)

Zuckerberg got me! I had logged out of Facebook account, but was able to retrieve it.
(1)

LOL!

Maybe an attack and data held for ransom?

Amazon is acting funny too!
(1)

For those who use FACEBOOK,
in the news:
"FB is down today for milllions of users".

So it's not your computer.

No worries, you've got AgingCare and us!
(3)

Meteor shower early this morning. I was sleeping, dang!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y7CoE_RquE4&feature=emb_imp_woyt
(2)

Coffee shop was open today, I will go on Saturday.

The previous owner had started getting grumpy sometimes. I think the shop became too much for him. He had owned it about three years I think. It just seemed like he had gotten into a rut.

The new owners are a relatively young couple. She has also done catering and has yummy looking things I am excited to start trying some new food items that I am sure she has planned. And the fb page was back up this morning with the announcement.

Also have a ziggy's coming to town, just a drive thru so won't do that much.

Leaves are just beginning to fall here. All we need is some of those winds we get and they will be done.
(3)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter