Follow
Read More
Llama, how are you doing? Please stay in touch. Still praying for you.
(1)

Oh heavens, I'm reluctant to go and look. Oh people, people...
(1)

Prayers for Colorado. When are these horrible shootings going to end? Makes me sick!
(1)

Yes, so very wrong.
(1)

😢

At least ten dead, including one officer.
(4)

God Bless the people in Boulder and prayers for those who lost loved ones.🙏
(2)

Boulder, Colorado
Prayers for those lost.
So sad.
(5)

LLama, I'm sorry for your recent trouble. Being ill and now losing your S I L.

You are in my prayers. 🙏
(4)

Llama, sorry for the loss of your sister in law. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Hugs.
(2)

Llama,

So sorry for your loss.

It must be so hard hearing this news when you are in the hospital.

Hugs.
(1)

I had the 2 part Phfizer vaccine ( sorry if I spelled that wrong, I am on a 3 day stretch at work and bone tired) I had the last shot about a month ago.Now to see how long they last!
(2)

Hello to all you wonderful friends! I just wanted to share the sad news that my sister in law, my husband's oldest sister passed away last night. Six years ago she was stricken with Alzheimer's, she then came in contact with a COVID positive caregiver, which sent her, sadly, down a spiral of delirium. A strong woman of faith, she went to be with the Lord. It is a difficult time for us with me in the hospital with pneumonia and this sad loss. Thank you in advance for your condolences. Please know that they are appreciated deeply.
(11)

Llama, hope you feel better soon. I am glad you are getting some rest. Hugs.
(3)

Just a quick update as they keep me busy in hospital. Thanks everyone for your posts - not well enough to post individually. Pulmonologist came and confirmed with Hospitalist the pneumonia. Shadows on my lungs from Macrodantin for U.T.I. Cease immediately.
WI'll try to catch a nap before nurse comes in
(8)

Now that it's nice enough out to expose a little more skin I'm on the lookout for a good sunscreen, I picked up an oil free one from Hawaiian Tropic today that goes on nice but the scent is overpowering, especially on my face. I'm tired of buying sunscreen that ends up not being used because it is either thick and gloopy or so strongly scented I have to wash it off as soon as I come back inside, does anybody here have a favourite they can recommend?
(Bonus points if it doesn't cost an arm and leg)
(1)

Pam, proud of you for taking part in the antibody study. Thank you.
(0)

Pamz, thankyou for your blood for testing! One for the world team 😍
(3)

If Llamas are like Alpacas - they have a tough attitude. Kick that pneu to the curb! Get well ❤️
(2)

Llama, shocked to hear you have pneumonia. I do hope you are getting effective treatment for this horrible illness. Pam, it’s wonderful that you’re part of that antibody study. You can feel proud that you’ll be helping others through the information gathered during this programme.
(2)

Pam,

That’s great!
(2)

Pam, which vaccine did you get?  (I apologize if you're written about this before; I don't usually read this thread but saw your comment in the News Feed.)
(0)

Llama,

Get well soon!
(0)

Llama - get well. Hope the treatment makes you feel better soon.

Pamz - Yay!!! Antibodies How long since your shots? I know it takes a while for them to build up. Hopefully they will stay around.
(2)

Well I am part of an antibody study at the hospital, have had 3 blood tests since COVID hit us in March. First 2 tests.. no antibodies.. this third blood draw shows antibodies! I have had both my vaccines.. so I figured I would ( that is the goal after all) Now as to how long they will last no one seems to know,, but for now I had a good result. But of course I still have to wear a mask and face shield ...
(7)

Llama, hope you feel better soon. I will keep you in my prayers.
(1)

LLama hoping you feel better fast!!
(1)

Surprise, but not really based on 10 days ago. I arrived via EMS at the hospital at 6 AM yesterday. Confirmed pneumonia. Labs were "very much changed." Came on quickly early AM yesterday.
(4)

HAPPY SPRING. Hope everyone enjoys the warmer weather, the abundant sunshine and the beautiful flowers that spring up soon.
(6)

Just because something is legal doesn't mean it is obligatory 😬, is unemployment so high there that workers will just go along with this?? It is hard enough to attract and retain people to the profession here that they had to hand out bonus pay over the past year and the gov't is paying the tuition for 6000 new students in an accelerated psw program.
(0)

That was the end of the legal line for that case, CW - it was originally a dispute between an individual backed by Unison, which is one of if not the biggest trade union in the country, and Mencap, which is a major charity supporting people with learning disabilities. There is a legal loophole in minimum wage legislation and the dispute was made into a test case to examine it.

I must admit I was quite shocked listening to the report. I'm not a member of the union (Unison is the one our employer recognises) and I put in plenty of voluntary hours apart from my contractual shifts, and if I added up I probably do make less than minimum wage per hour totalled up; but I'll be shot if I'd take a job that treated me as badly as that. You're responsible, you're on duty, you are required to be available - but you're not "actually working" so you don't get paid. To rub salt in the wounds, I discovered later on that even if you are called during the night it doesn't count unless whatever the client needs takes over an hour to deal with - i.e. the pay clock doesn't start ticking for 60 minutes. You could be called on the hour throughout the night and still not be able to claim any pay.

I doubt if you can refuse to do the overnight stays, it's probably built into the job description, but I haven't checked.

We don't do so badly in that we do get mileage, and we're salaried (i.e. not paid for hours worked), and we can even claim overtime for public holidays. But then again - I should think so! Name an office job where these aren't taken for granted!
(1)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter