Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
Chris,

OUCH! So sorry that you have a headache due to a door slamming on you.

Hope you feel better soon.
(1)

Had my first COVID vaccine on Sunday morning. No side effects. I have got a headache though, but not from the jab. High winds yesterday blew a door into my face when coming in from the garden and whacked me on the forehead! I was bending down to take my shoes off and just didn’t see it coming. I am Ok but have a door shaped bruise above one eye! 🤕
(4)

Pam,

Don’t you get a massage occasionally. Gosh, it’s been years since I last got a massage.

I was on vacation and it was pre kids! Yes, that many year ago!!!

I have been wanting to get a massage.

I don’t even know what to look for because there are all of these different types of massages now.

I’ve had both shots. Tomorrow is two weeks so is it safe to do things like get a massage now?
(1)

EB,

Your mom is a trooper! Isn’t it awful that the elderly are so vulnerable to COVID-19?

I am glad that your mom didn’t have issues with the vaccine.

Plus being so isolated during this time. It’s so sad. Hopefully, it will end fairly soon.
(1)

Llama,

So sorry about your migraine headache. I’ve never experienced a migraine.

I get the sinus headaches which I am sure are nothing compared to a migraine.
(1)

My daughter wasn’t getting relief from the pain patch and was still in pain after her fall. She went to the doctor to see about it.

I was so upset with her decision to drive herself instead of taking an Uber.

It ended up being a pinched nerve in her neck that is causing shooting pains.

So they gave her steroids. She was told to seek out a massage therapist that treats sports injuries. The doctor said that an ordinary massage would not help and could even make it worse.

Our bodies are so weird with everything that can go wrong.
(3)

My mother received her Covid vaccine 4 days ago and so far no side effects from the second one. Glad it is over. She did very well and I am grateful.
(3)

NeedHelpWithMom: Thank you, but not totally. Woke up with migraine 2 days in a row. PC doctor appointment tomorrow.
(1)

It’s been a few days since I posted. Trying to catch up.

Llama, hope you are feeling better.

Chris, I am so very sorry to hear about your mother in law.

Glad,

Oh my gosh! My daughter slipped on her stairs a few days back. (Third floor walk up)

She thought that she was okay. She ended up taking an UBER to the ER because she was in so much pain. They did X-rays and no fractures. They said her muscles were extremely tight. They said that she would remain in pain for awhile from the fall.

Years ago she had a horrible automobile accident and injured her neck and back. (Whiplash and concussion)

She wiped out her knee in dance. She has had extensive knee surgery.

She’s always been super active, dance team, gymnastics, volleyball, kayaking, etc.

She’s super fit but accidents occur. She really wants to go snowboarding with her friend that lives in Vail.

Anyway, thank God she had ordered groceries to be delivered before the storm.

ER doc gave her a pain patch and muscle relaxers. He told her to take a few days off of work to rest.

I told her to board her dog. Well, she couldn’t drive because of the pain. They had begun to tell people to stay off of the roads. So she had to just let him use the bathroom very close to her apartment instead of long walks or going to the park.

The dog is ecstatic about the snow! He gets really excited and wants to play. I don’t know how she is managing. She’s tiny with a bad back. He’s very strong and pulls on the leash. I pray a lot for her!

Tons of snow in her area! I will be happy when her lease is up. She found an building with an elevator in it. It also has a rooftop area for dogs! Higher rent but oh well...

She’s 25. What can I do? I don’t interfere in her choices in life. She’s an adult.

She loves Colorado. She went to see an ice castle last month.

She’s supposed to visit Estes Park soon. She’s an explorer!
(3)

Chris: You're welcome.
(1)

NHWM, so what does daughter think? It is still snowing in the metro area. Many offices closed tomorrow. Bet her dog loves it!
(2)

Thank you earlybird and llama. I managed to phone and speak to my MIL this afternoon. It was very hard, knowing this was a goodbye call. She is fully cognitive but sounds more tired than a few days ago. I told her I would see her again, on the other side, whenever that may be. We laughed together about her DH who would be waiting for her, along with her assorted cats and dogs she'd had during her lifetime and who would be expecting heavenly food and walkies. Today is Mother's Day here in the UK. It's certainly the strangest one I've had. I feel a bit lost and empty.
(6)

Chris: You're very welcome. You're the one who's kind and thank you for your sweet compliment. I am glad that your DH got to see his mother. I will continue to pray for you all.💚
(2)

Chriscat,
I am so glad your DH had the chance to see his mother. Your post touched my heart. Praying your MIL has a peaceful passing.
(2)

Llama, you are so kind. My DH feels much better now he has seen his mother. She is very accepting of her situation and has opted to go sooner with minimal pain rather than endure months of more severe pain before the end. She is marvellous. It is so much better for her family as they know this is what she wants, and she is in control of her final days. I have always been very fond of my MIL. I guess her decisions now just mirror the kind and generous person she has been all her life. DH will stay in her (empty) house for the next few days while she moves into a hospice. She will have just a few days then, but at least everyone is prepared and comforted by spending this time with her. I hope to learn from this if I ever find myself in this situation in the future.
(4)

Chris: I am praying for your DH's mom.💚
(1)

My mom is doing great. This is day 3 of her second vaccine. No side effects from the second one. Day 2 for me, just tired, and arm pain subsided.
(5)

Chriscat, oh good!! I’m so glad DH got his jab 24 hours earlier and is on his way to see his mom. I’ll let you know how my jab goes today.
(2)

Chriscat, I am so glad your DH is able to go see his mother and he got his Covid vaccine a day earlier. Sending my thoughts and prayers to all of you.
(2)

Elaine, thank you for your kindness. My DH managed to get his jab brought forward by 24 hours, so has just had it and is now on his way to see his mother. He got to the vaccination centre, explained the situation and the clinical lead there got him in straight away instead of tomorrow. I'm really moved by their compassion at this time, when they are so busy and working under such pressure. Good luck with your jab today. Mine is tomorrow morning...
(4)

Chriscat, I am so sorry to hear about your Mil. I agree with you. Your DH should get his shot on Sunday first and then go see his mother. Sometimes when they move to hospice everything happen so fast. My mother had a stroke on a Tuesday and on Wednesday put on end of life care and on a Friday passed away back in October. Sometimes it just happens so fast without any warning. But please try and get him to get his shot first.

Im getting my shot on Saturday afternoon. It’s the first dose. I’m 59 but I have asthma and a doctors note.

Good luck with everything. Big hug to you!
(1)

Struggling with a sudden family crisis. DH came home from work last night having put in a routine phone call to his mum, who’s been feeling a bit unwell recently. Turns out she is being moved to a hospice in the next few days for end of life care, with a couple of weeks left, maximum. She has liver failure (not an alcoholic) and cancer has returned, to her bones this time. Such a shock as no real symptoms. DH not thinking properly so I’m having to do that for him. His natural instinct was to jump in the car for the 4 hour drive to his mother’s, but he has his first COVID jab on Sunday morning, so I’m persuading him to get that first before he goes. I can’t believe this is happening. So unexpected, such a shock and just when we felt we were about to emerge from a year of COVID into some kind of normality. I hope neither of us have a bad reaction to the jab, as he has the upheaval of whatever next week brings, and I will be home alone for the week.
(6)

Glad: Thank you so much.
(1)

Yes, Glad - that's right - NeedHelpWithMom's daughter should stock up due to the impending snow storm.
(2)

Winter storm warning. NHWM, your daughter will find out what a lot of snow is! She needs to stock up. This may keep people in for a few days with roads difficult to negotiate. The idea is to stay off roads so that road crews can get them cleaned up. Side streets do not get much attention.
(3)

Bridger, sorry to hear about your husband. He contracted the virus when volunteering at a hospital? New York?

Your cousin, too, NHWM.

Llama, sorry to hear you are not feeling well.
(2)

EB: Thank you. Actually, that is a yes, the hospital alerted my primary care physician that I was in the ER as standard protocol. I have an appointment with her this coming Tuesday.
(2)

Golden: Thank you so much.
(2)

Llama (((((hugs))) get well soon.
(0)

Llama, I hope you are doing better. I am very concerned with the symptoms you describe. Does your primary know about the symptoms you had that brought you to the ER. Please keep us posted.
(0)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter