Follow
Read More
EB,

Oh, I was tempted! 😊 I managed to keep my mouth shut.

This is my daughter that is the ‘diva!’

She is into fashion! Not so much, practical. She loves cute socks, cute slippers, etc.

She said to me, Well, it was so cold. I thought that I could go unlock the gate quickly and come back to my hot cup of coffee. Geeeez!
(2)

Went to the nursing home today. They had deep cleaned my uncle’s room. I took him some new photos for his room, restocked his fridge and cabinet. He was happy with his photos. My son had his baby in the car and took him up to the window. My uncle was happy to see him. My uncle acts like my dad - always happy and cooperative. Good visit.
(4)

NeedHelp you are better at zipping your tongue more than me. I would have given a lecture.
(2)

Thanks, EB.

Live and learn, right? She isn’t in her apartment in Baton Rouge, Louisiana anymore!

She had a walk up apartment in college but didn’t deal with ice and snow on the steps!

She was saying that she finds it a pain to have to put on snow boots all of the time.

I bit my tongue. I wanted to say, “You moved to Colorado, honey!” LOL

I was kind, polite and kept my mouth shut because it sounds like her fall made her realize that slippers aren’t outdoor shoes in Colorado during snow season!
(2)

NeedHelp.
Glad your daughter is ok from slipping on the steps.
(2)

My daughter fell down her steps when she was going to unlatch the gate for a delivery driver. She is three flights up.

I will be glad when her lease is up. She has a new apartment building picked out with an elevator and indoor parking.

She said that she didn’t think she needed to put on her snow boots.

Wrong move on her part and she slipped. She’s sore, a bit bruised and said she will never try to go down the stairs in slippers ever again!

The slippers had slip proof soles but obviously they aren’t made for ice and snow.

My southern daughter is experiencing cold winter weather for the first time!

Suppose she would have had her dog with her!

He’s a strong dog. He pulls on the leash.

She is going to have to be more disciplined with her dog.

She does wear her snow boots to walk him.
(2)

Bridger,

I would do a deep cleaning too! I bet your uncle was grossed out.
(2)

Llama,

What a great donation! Kids love sleeping with stuffed animals. I bet the kids at the shelter slept with them every night.

I don’t think that I ever got an animal out of one of those claw machines. You were good! I had to buy my girls stuffed animals.

No telling what else is in my attic.

My kids were so attached to certain stuffed animals.

So badly that if they had a sleepover at a friend’s house and they forgot to pack it they would call and ask my husband or me to bring it to them!

One or two of them were taken to college with them! LOL

They were practically rags by then. I sewed them up a few times. Once they were repaired they were happy again.

Those animals went from their beds to church pews, restaurants, sleepovers, movie theaters to universities!
(2)

Bridger: Wow. Glad you got the issue of the man being brought into your uncle's room! Especially since your uncle is a private pay patient. Yes, deep cleaning is needed.
(0)

Need: It may be cool what you'll find in your own attic, right? I was really good at claw machines as a young girl and won tons of stuffed animals. Gave them to a women's and children's shelter.
(1)

Bridger: When we cleaned out our attic, we located some of DD's things that we had been storing. We recently gave her her prom dress, which we had dry cleaned and preserved years ago. Also was a Civil War era dress for someone of 5' 10" and that was her. Her husband liked to see both dresses.
(1)

I went to the nursing home this afternoon to see my uncle. He self pays for a private room. When I arrived they were moving this gasping, gagging old man into my uncle’s room. I know the man couldn’t help it, but it was totally gross and disgusting. I went to the nurses’s station and asked what was going on. They said they needed the bed. This man was so dirty. I ended up calling my son who is a lawyer. He came and finally got it straighten out. I spent a bunch of time disinfecting and trying to get the stench out of the room. It’s always something.

I left a message for housekeeping to do a deep clean tomorrow.
(1)

Bridger,

Hahaha,
I bet your husband and sons had fun with their old toys.

I have to tell you that I did not like Ken when I was a young girl but I thought G.I. Joe was totally cool! 😊

When my mom asked me if I wanted Ken for my Barbie, I told her no because I used to take my brother’s G.I. Joe to be her date! 😄

I loved my brother’s Lionel train set, also hot wheels and match box cars. Oh, the Tonka trucks too!

My girls had a few matchbox and hot wheels cars too.
(3)

Need, Every time I go to the attic I trip over a GI Joe Command Center and a Cobra headquarters. With boys you get a different kind of junk. I gave them two weeks warning to come get their stuff. They showed one time. My husband went up there with them, sat down and the three of them played for a couple of hours.
(2)

I don’t even want to think about our attic!

My girls did not want to get rid of any of their stuffed animals.

So my husband put them in the attic. Oh, remember the beanie baby phase? We have those too!

I do have a really special doll house that my mother in law assembled for my oldest daughter. It is gorgeous! It’s furnished beautifully too.

Their American girl dolls are up there. I have no idea what else of theirs is up there.

All of our Christmas decorations are in the attic.

You’re right, Bridger! We collect so much stuff, don’t we?

I did our closets awhile back. The attic is another story.

My girls are in small apartments so I don’t think they have the space for their stuff.
(3)

Bridger: We did our attic clean out at least two times. Best to do it in winter. Good luck to you.😂
(0)

Tomorrow I’m starting in the attic and going to work my way thru the house and a couple of outbuildings cleaning out junk. I’ve two ladies to help me. I have junk on top of junk. My husband is going to a continuing Ed class, so I’m going to take advantage to get rid of some stuff he has accumulated.
(3)

Golden: You're very welcome.
(0)

Willie,

My daughter went out to her car a couple of days ago and it was buried under the snow!

Well, fortunately for her a guy in her apartment complex saw her and I suppose that he felt sorry for her. He saw another guy with a shovel that was shoveling the snow by his car and asked him to help.

Both guys shoveled her snow and placed her car mats under her wheels to get out of the parking lot. I didn’t know about that trick!

Anyway, she has found a new apartment building with indoor parking! So, as soon as her lease is up she will be moving. It’s higher rent, of course but I guess the taste of a ‘real’ winter made her consider how nice it would be to have indoor parking.

She says she loves Denver though. She recently visited an ice castle! The photos that she sent were gorgeous.

She certainly rescued the right dog in a shelter there. As you can see by my avatar, her Siberian Husky is well suited for the snow. She has sent me the cutest photos of him playing in the snow!
(3)

There are a lot of unanticipated adjustments we have to make because of masks. Early on when we got the green light to resume our volunteer activities at my church I picked up a coffee at the drive through to take with me like I often do, but when I got there I realized oh yeah, you can't drink a coffee with a mask on🤔
Then there was the revelation that putting a mask on before you go into the store is a problem when your hat covers your ears 🤔
The person who gave me a haircut admitted she has accidentally snipped more than one mask - oops

One positive (maybe?), no more worries about eating that poppy seed bagel or spinach salad and having something stuck in your teeth 😂
(6)

Yesterday I saw the optometrist because I was out of contacts & was badly in need of new glasses. I intended to go last June but thanks to COVID they were temporarily closed........and well.....now I kind of regret buying new glasses because I had to try on frames while wearing a mask! Something that did not occur to me until it was time to look at frames. The opticians brought out frames similar in shape to the pair I picked out 2 years ago and similar to my current pair. None of them looked right with a mask on. I ended up just getting a pair of clear frames because I really only wear them at night. So yeah the lesson here is......if you need new glasses, don’t forget you will have to wear a mask and it will not be easy to pick new frames! I am just kicking myself for not thinking this through LOL!

Also after being at my parents house for 2 weeks where it is in the low 40s during the day and now being back in California where it has been in the high 60s to high 70s, it feels like summer! Can’t complain.
(3)

Well.... there's still a couple of feet of snow on my flower beds (piled high from shovelling), but hopefully there will be snowdrops in March!
(3)

Not here! I have been wondering why the kitties are wanting to go out (more light) but very reluctant ,so I checked the temps. Minus 26 C (-15F) feels like minus 36C (-33F). That explains it. Next week should be above freezing and they can be out and enjoy it. Loved Ontario springs when I lived there. Snowdrops in February.
(4)

On a positive note Spring has arrived in my part of the world, it looks like Wiarton Willie was right this year! Some people obviously have a much different definition of Spring than I do though because a lady I met on the sidewalk replied she hoped it would come soon. Say what? The sun is shining. Daytime temps are above freezing. Things are MELTING! The cardinals are singing in the morning. I'm sure the sap must be flowing, and the tundra swans might arrive any day now (usually when we get a weather system riding up from the gulf). If that ain't spring then what is?
(5)

I'm relieved that they have finished long term care and are working toward finishing most retirement homes, but I want them to hurry up so that my friends who still have parents in the community can stop being so stressed and paranoid. I know that my age group (60+) likely won't be getting anything for months but that's OK.
(3)

cw - individuals react differently. I know. I am not expecting any trouble. I read that Ontario is lagging behind somewhat with vaccinations. Hope immunization gets started by mid March.
(1)

They say it's the 2nd shot that has the most side effects Golden but my sis didn't have any problem with hers at all.
Meanwhile in Ontario they "might" open the vaccine portal for those 80+ in mid March, stay tuned for updates.... 🙄
(2)

Thx , need. I feel fine. I have read that the second dose can make you feel worse than the first one. Hope you get through it well.
(3)

Golden,

Glad you aren’t feeling terribly funky after your shot.

My husband did well with the first shot, so did I.

My husband felt a bit funky after his second dose.
(3)

llama and all - thx.

Need -hope it is not delayed. So many uncertainties!

My arm is a little sore but nothing much more so far. Lots of nice sunshine today. Looking good! 😊
(5)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter