Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
cwille,

I hear you. It’s not perfect. We had hundreds of doses that were lost in transit to our state.

They are supposed to replace them as soon as possible.
(1)

I can't help my twinges of jealousy when I read all the posts here and elsewhere about people getting vaccines. First we were screwed over by Pfizer and now Moderna is also cutting back on deliveries, and I'm not comforted by the PM's assurances that everything is just fine.... We are still under a SAH order and it's getting old.
(3)

Looks like the vaccine will possibly be available for children by late spring. Testing is being done on teenagers now and later they will begin testing vaccines on younger children.

The recovery rate is much higher with children. Some sadly have died.

I like what Baylor University has done. All students are required to be tested weekly.

College students are thought to be large spreaders of COVID-19.
(2)

We were getting ready for my mom bath. She must have heard us. When I went to take her blanket down she appeared to be asleep, I gave her a kiss on the cheek and she did not wake up and then told niece we will let her sleep. As I exited her room her eyes were wide opened when I looked back and when I came closer to her they were closed. I think she does not want her bath this morning and is faking sleeping. I told her I will let her sleep for awhile, LOL.
(6)

Glad,

Yay! Looks like you found the right man for the job!
(1)

One of those moments that I am loving this small town! Service extraordinaire! My smoke/CO2 alarm started beeping yesterday. Contractor came to change one battery in the one that was beeping, not knowing that they are all connected. The beeping just kept getting louder and more frequent. Yesterday, about an hour after the battery was replaced it started chirping again. Contractor was on the way to Vegas.

Found the electrician that wired my house on FB. Sent a message he walked me through finding the right breaker to get the beeping to stop. Love that! Finally found the right breaker and all is quiet. Electrician is coming tomorrow to replace all of the batteries.

Contractor, you would think, would know that, he will learn something that I know and he doesn't!
(6)

Ali: Congratulations!♥️
(2)

Fantastic news, Ali! Congratulations! 🎉🎈🍾
(3)

Great, Ali. Keep up the good work. The best to you.
(3)

ali - sincerest congratulations on your remarkable achievement and wishes for continued success. Why am I not surprised? I am sure you will continue to do well. Keep up the good work and look after yourself too!!!
(3)

Wonderful, Ali! Congrats! You will do great!😊
(4)

I finished my first term back at college with 99.5 in one class and 99.8 in the other. Fingers crossed I can keep doing this well. I keep telling myself I'd do anything to finish this degree and just hope I can keep putting the work in every week. I'm on a little break right now before new term begins February 3rd.
(11)

Well this is random but I have to make fun of myself. I grew up watching “Unsolved Mysteries” every week. The music gave me the willies. Some of the stories scared me, some were just creepy. Well I’ve just discovered that amazon has the entire original series on prime video and I started watching it and good grief!! I am 40 years old and this show still
gives me the willies LOL!! What a great show it is though, they really did a great telling the stories. And Robert Stack was a brilliant choice of host. His voice adds to the eery creepiness! But jeez I am a bit surprised at myself, I can’t believe after all the true crime shows and books I’ve read over the last 2 decades, that Unsolved Mysteries still gives me the willies! I thought I had outgrown it but I apparently not LOL!
(6)

NGI,

Fantastic! Glad that he got it.
(1)

My son got his 1st Covid shot through his work. He works in a lab that tests for - among other things - Covid!
I'm a little embarrassed to say I'm kinda jealous. I really want to get this vaccine, but I think I'm awfully far down the list of eligibility. I'm hoping by April we ( hubby, daughter and I) can get it.
(5)

Well, a second ago I got a phone call from one of my cousins. I have a ton of cousins. She lives here in Louisiana.

She tested positive for Covid today. She feels horrible.

She thought it was her allergies but when she couldn’t taste her coffee she got tested.

So, she has quarantined herself to the guest bedroom. Her SO does not want to get tested! She says he is stubborn. So, I asked if he was going to quarantine or spread it to others if he was positive. She says he is quarantining too.

Why would someone refuse getting tested if their partner has tested positive? I don’t get that at all!
(1)

I'm not ashamed to tell you all, that after 4 weeks of being on Cymbalta, I feel so much better!!

I have never been a proponent of medical intervention for anxiety and stress, but when I became overwhelmed by caring for my Aunt and my Mother and the ensuing physical ramifications of being worn down, on my Doctors advise I gave in!

I'm so happy I did!!

I am now looking forward to so many things! Planting in the spring. Fly fishing when the ice is off. Auditions for the summer musical at our community theater!

When you're overwhelmed, you truly have a hard time seeing the forest for the trees!!!

The reason I tell you this, is because there is hope. And there's no shame in seeking a little help!!!

Caregiving isn't for wimps!!

It's ok to do what ever it takes to make yourself feel whole again!!

We're all in this great void of unappreciated and overwhelmed people!

Do whatever you can to care for yourself!!

Many blessings!!
(13)

So, the BEST part of DH and me getting our shots early?

I was able to transfer our original appointments to an elderly couple I know who weren't able to get timely appointmets!
(8)

Watched West Side Story this afternoon. Sad at the end. My brother who was a teacher in NYC taught classes in the poor part of Manhattan. Some students were in gangs and one student my brother tried to help was shot and killed. My brother held him in his arms that day and he passed in the hospital. My brother tried to make a difference in the lives of these unfortunate individuals by playing basketball and other activities with them and taking a strong interest in teaching them and encouraging them to study hard so someday they may attend collage and change their lives for the better. They liked my brother as a teacher and respected him. He retired from teaching at the age of 62.
(4)

Oh my gosh, I am watching Mama’s Family with Vicki Lawrence, so funny! I haven’t seen this show in ages.
(4)

Only side effects for me are a sore arm and some stomach upset. Walked 6 miles today with some friends.
(6)

Ok all I read the paperwork I got with my shot ( better late than never, right? ) It says after the second shot we "should have" 95% resistance,, but no one knows for how long. i am part of an antigen study,, so far no antibodies,, should have some on the next test after the vaccine.
As to side effects.. today I am completely exhausted. As in can barely move.. we went out for breakfast with our best couple friends and it was all I could do. I spent the rest of the day barely moving in front of the TV, except for one load of laundry. If this is the worst I am happy, and if the second shot is worse, I have a week off after it. hopefully just the tiredness and maybe some aches next time if I am lucky? I have no pain, not even at the injection site.. yay! I had the Pfizer shot
(5)

Pam: Prayers sent to you.
(3)

Pam,

Thanks, I realize everyone still has to wear protection, especially with new mutations around.

I was curious if you had any inside information as a person working in a major hospital.

At least, we have vaccines available now. I am grateful for that.

I have more fear of COVID than the vaccine.

COVID is so unpredictable. Everyone reacts differently to it.

So many have died. It’s so sad. We all want it to be behind us.

I feel so badly for those who have died and their loved ones.

I am so grateful to people like you who care for patients. You are angels.

I find it unsettling when people downplay how serious COVID is, especially regarding the number of deaths and not recognizing the agony that families are going through.

Before COVID, people could visit their loved ones in hospitals or facilities when they were sick and dying.

People weren’t dying alone in mass numbers.

Funerals were planned and families could grieve in a normal way. Now people can’t even hug one another at a funeral.

There is nothing normal about this. It is heartbreaking.

Thank you for all that you do for patients.
(7)

NHWM,, we are not being told that.. it so new they really dont know if we will HAVE immunity! We are still being told we have to wear all masks and protective gear.. ( this is at JHH not JHU where all the news comes from) I really think it is a "crapshoot" as they used to say.. we are hoping for the best!
(5)

Pam,

How long after the second dose is a person considered having immunity?
(1)

Pam,

Hubby and I plus our daughters are A+.
(2)

Great news, Pam. No reaction here so far. I am O positive and DH is
B negative.
(3)

Yay! Pam, great news.
(3)

First shot done! No problems so far.. it seems my blood type has been having less reactions on shot one, slightly more with shot 2. I am A positive if you are curious
(4)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter