Follow
Read More
Got a phone call late today that there was one extra dose around the corner!

I am shot!
(11)

Inheritance of Alzheimer's is on my mind. My children's father and grandmother on that side both had Alzheimer's so my kid's risk of getting Alz is greater than average. Fortunately the risk for inherited Alz is still low.
(5)

CW. they're usually the very same people who *in the same breath* question the efficacy and safety of the vaccines and whine about the reliability of testing regimes; and often with not a flicker of irony, too.

"Find an absolutely certain cure that I personally won't have to take! Do it immediately! And tell me the long-term effects or I will sue!" To hear is to obey, o voter...
(5)

CM, not your nose? 😄
(1)

Every day I see a headline about one group or another posturing about why they should be getting their vaccinations in phase one - for g*d's sake, we haven't even finished vaccinating long term care yet and outbreaks there are rampant, shut up and wait your turn.
(3)

I should just grab it with both hands the first opportunity you're offered, Glad. Even the first gives some level of immunity/lessens potential impact after about five to seven days and is better than nothing.

We were told we would have our boosters three weeks after the first shot. Then on the day of the jab, when I was lined up registering for my booster slot, the clinic nurse offered me a date in March. Eh?! I said - I thought it was in three weeks? "They changed the guidance yesterday. It's three months now."

People are increasingly frightened and frazzled and I've noticed tempers and nerves disintegrating all around. I think the only answer is to take even deeper breaths than normal, keep smiling, and do what you can.

At last at last, though, our service has been given PCR testing kits for all of us, and we are to collect our three weeks' worth of supplies on Monday. So every Thursday morning from now on I'll be stuffing a swab up my nose and posting it* off to the test centre; but the actually painful bit is waiting for the result to come back! We were all tested last Tuesday and I am very sorry to say that one of our number was positive (of course we're not told names); grim for us and worrying for our clients, but virus gonna virus...

*the swab. Not my nose.
(3)

I am anxious about getting the vaccine. Here they are going to start giving out the second vaccine to people that will be getting their first. So, no reserve supply when people are due for the booster. I just might wait until the supply chain is fixed.

I am afraid if I get the first, there will be none available for the booster. Wonder how many will have that problem. Kinda crazy plan, if you ask me.
(4)

My husband doesn’t have any side effects from the COVID vaccine.

I only have the sore arm and a bit tired from my second shingles vaccine.
(3)

The longest I ever sleep in one time is about three hours too.
(2)

gershun - I nap whenever too. It seems my routine is working better as I am napping less. For me the time sleeping before midnight is important so sometimes I go to bed very early like 8 pm and spend time reading till I fall off.

shell - that's similar to me though these days 3 hrs is about tops for the first phase. I often go back to sleep around 5 and sleep till 9. That totals 7 hrs which is OK.

For years I worked on 5 hrs sleep as I couldn't sleep in. That was no fun. Retirement has its benefits.

So happy to read about people getting the vaccine. One day it will be up here.
(3)

Just so you all know, DH has had no side effects from his COVID shot yesterday. It must be highly individual.
(14)

Golden,
I thought my sleep pattern was bad, but yours...ouch! I usually sleep for about 3 to 4 hrs meaning I am up around 3 am or 4 am then back to sleep around 5 to 5:30 am waking up around 9 am on a good day 7:30 am on a bad day!
(2)

Golden, when I feel like I'm getting drowsy no matter what time of day it is I'll try to get a nap in. I have to catch the z's when I can or else I'd never sleep.

Of course not when I'm out. That would be a bit ridiculous. Can you just picture it? In a grocery store line up or something. "Ah excuse me folks but I'm gonna grab a quick nap here, go to the next aisle"
(1)

Thinking of you Pam Glad you are looking after yourself. Also glad you are getting the shots.
(4)

I get my first COVID shot tomorrow at work, and I am a bit worried. The last week I was on berevement leave (this week) , and work has called me several times to see if I would come in,, lots of call outs. I did go back today instead of waiting until tomorrow, as I felt I could. Seems the call outs are for side effects of the staff from the vaccine. I have many co workers who are having symptoms similar to COVID after both shots . They asked me to work Sat,, nope,, if I am going to have side effects I'd rather have a day or so off to deal with them than call out again! Wish me luck!! I will let you know how it goes..
(11)

Llama - I hardly have a choice so I make the best of it. When I wake very early I do my daily devotions readings, then post images in my face book page which is really the main reason I have it. Somewhere in there I take my thyroid meds and half and hour later have a decaf. After that I may play a few computer games and finish off with reading. By then I am usually ready to go back to sleep. It works pretty well.

Once in a while I sleep through. Wish I knew the secret to doing it all the time.

If I get aggravated of worried about it, sleep is even more elusive.

It's the making lemonade out of lemons thing.
(4)

Golden: Yikes! I could not do that kind of sleep pattern.
(1)

Alva,

Fantastic! I am glad that you and your partner are on the schedule to receive the vaccine. Yay! 😄 Hooray for your daughter getting the vaccine.

I did watch President Biden speak on his COVID plan and I agree with your sentiments.
(2)

Barb and NeedHelpWithMom, so glad about the hubbies getting the shot. My partner and I are on for the 28th for number one. Daughter got hers last Saturday, teacher in WA state. Kaiser did it even though she's not a Kaiser member. Seeing more and more of us vaccinated. I haven't heard of any reactions yet other than one teacher who said her arm was too sore to raise for a few days. Little achy in legs for my daughter and thinks not from vaccine in all likelihood. Am excited. Don't know how many say Fauci's long conference today; what a delight he was.
(4)

Barb,

Somebody up there is looking out for our husbands!

We have a friend who is a pharmacist. She had an extra Covid vaccine and called my husband and asked if he wanted to be vaccinated. Of course, he said, “YES!”

Yay! He had his first vaccination today!!! She set up his appointment to get the second one.

I had my second shingles vaccine yesterday so I cannot get a Covid vaccine for two weeks.

She will vaccinate me at the earliest possible time after my two weeks waiting period.

This is great for us because in Louisiana the first vaccines are allocated for ages 70 and above.

We are both 65. There is no word on when 65 year olds can get it yet.

We are very grateful to have this particular friend that is a pharmacist!
(3)

Barb that is great news!!! Let us know when you get yours. Hopefully it will be soon.
(1)

Barb! Yay!!!

How is your stepdaughter enjoying living here in New Orleans?

I hope they call you to get your vaccine.
(0)

Gershun I usually sleep in two shifts with maybe a nap during the day. I get about 3 hours sleep after I first go to bed, then am up for hours and go back to sleep about 5 for another 3-4 hours. Altogether it works pretty well for me.

I have no idea when or where vaccinations will begin in our area. As far as I know they have only happened in the two major cities. and pharmacies everywhere were offering to do it. I suppose someone will figure it out eventually.
(4)

At 4.55 PM yesterday I saw I had a text from my step-daughter in NOLA. She has a nurse-practicioner friend who works at the Dept of Health clinic across the street from where we live. They were about to close and had one dose of COVID vaccine left.

I woke my husband up from a nap, ran out of the apartment to the front door of the clinic; the gates were down. I waved my cell phone at the guard inside and pointed up (to where the vaccine clinic is, on the 5th floor). She gestured me to come around the back. By this time, my groggy husband had caught up to me.

The NP friend was just leaving work; we basically shoved my husband into the elevator to get started on the paperwork for the vaccine.

He GOT HIS SHOT and is scheduled for the second dose in 28 days!

They took my number; if they have an extra dose at the end of the day, they will text me.

We have appointments at a City run clinic in Queens for Tuesday, but by all reports, there will be no vaccine left by then.

On many counts, yesterday was a very good day!
(9)

This morning's news reports that the regional vaccination centre will be closing tomorrow due to the lack of supply - looks like sis won't be getting her 2nd shot next week.
(3)

I thought of two titles for my insomnia book. First one "Warm Milk Can Suck It" or "Melatonin? YEAH RIGHT!"

Do I sound bitter much? 🤨
(4)

Power has been restored!

(That means my electricity is back on today). 🍵
(6)

Gershun: Oh, snap! I am sorry. Once I'd said it, I had a rough night - had to get up for an early dental appointment that was unpleasant to replace a multi unit bridge after having had a root canal yesterday.
(1)

The electricity is out, maybe until Thursday.
Internet has limited battery power.

But we have running water this week!

Srill gratweful!

Uh, correction..Still grateful!

I cannot see my keyboard.

Goodnight sweet caregivers! The strongest people I know! 🐿
(5)

LLama I could write a book about sleeplessness. In fact maybe while I'm laying awake at night I'll start. 😑
(5)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter